Seahawks re-signing Brandon Browner

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1vvqdt5d said:
Interesting, not sure how I feel about this. But adds more depth to our DB's. Maybe they will look at him to be a CB/SS tweener?
This is what I am wondering.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Largent80":1jrc2fuu said:
This guy cost us SB 49 with his jamming of Kearse and his off the field problems that led to his leaving. I don't like him anymore and think his play last year sucked ass.

The dude was a critical part of helping the team he was currently on win a super bowl. I can't fault the guy for that.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
It's a cool move and all, but he needs to not see meaningful snaps this season.

pehawk

Reaction score
This offseason Schneider stated he wanted to add some "bully". In his opinion the 2015 Seahawks lacked that.

Welp....

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
It's a 1-year, low-risk move. I'm cool with it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This is about attitude. We just resigned two of the guys who did the most to instill the winning culture in the locker room for our Super Bowl run. This is awesome.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
HawksSoc":k27fqvx1 said:
It's a cool move and all, but he needs to not see meaningful snaps this season.

What about in the red zone and short yardage situations?

In all honestly, it's going to be an uphill battle for him to make the team. But guys like Lane, Simon, Smith, etc. will all benefit from learning from Browner.

getnasty

Reaction score
I just don't see him at corner to be honest, I'm really feeling OLB on this one.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I like him being back as I really was a huge fan of his play but I can't really figure out what role they'd have him play. He's obviously no slot corner and as far as outside corners go we seem to have plenty right now. Converting him to a SS seems weird as well considering he'd never see playing time behind Chancellor and McCray. At this point in his career I'd also highly doubt we can convert him to linebacker.

Probably just a morale/locker room boost and special team help.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
hawknation2016":2cbz41xq said:
KitsapGuy":2cbz41xq said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/721768681156382721[/tweet]

:13:
:13:
And it's a good thing. As technically proficient as the Hawks defense has remained over 4 years, last season lacked the nastiness and dead-eye dominance required to defeat teams like the Panthers. We had that when Clem and BB were here and we beat the Panthers. They don't need to be the players they used to be. Their knowledge of the system and what it was like when it was the bully of the league is worth it alone. The D – heck this whole team – needs their attitude.

Largent80

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1da0r6hc said:
Largent80":1da0r6hc said:
Being excited about the signing is about as exciting as watching the bachelor.

Wait....you watch The Bachelor?
Never seen it. So now you get it. Very MEH on re signing Mr. Doobie.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Great within 10 yards of the LOS, after that I find him a complete liability. But if it helps boost team morale, I'm in

Rocket

Reaction score
I love this move !!!
therealjohncarlson":3pgvz7fe said:
Largent80":3pgvz7fe said:
This guy cost us SB 49 with his jamming of Kearse and his off the field problems that led to his leaving. I don't like him anymore and think his play last year sucked ass.
Dude, being pissed cuz he made a super bowl play for his team is kinda goofy.

The dude was a critical part of helping the team he was currently on win a super bowl. I can't fault the guy for that.
Dude, being pissed cuz he made a super bowl play for his OWN team is kinda goofy.

Swagger. Attitude. Strength. Drive. Three massive blocks in one play.

I love this move.

Jville

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2w1fyxjr said:
Placeholder until Maxwell comes back next year.

Maxwell's possible return in the future was my second thought when reading of Browner's return. John Schneider's big concern with last years team was it's slippage in physicality. The Browner announcement addresses that concern.

drdiags

Reaction score
He probably doesn't make the final 53, likely the same as Clemons but it doesn't hurt to bring in vets and see if they still have something to offer. At least with Browner they know he can adapt to their technique, so no one has to gripe about this being another Cary Williams mis-step.

Dude got his ring with two squads, he was the reason they let him go with his suspensions but there is probably a better chance he is able to go vs Humble Thug. If he truly has recovered from last season's MCL injury, he can add value.

The team probably still drafts at least one DB to throw into the pile besides UDFAs. Patriots used him in a SS-role from time to time, he could help with the Seahawks TE coverage issues, maybe not?

At least the gang is back together. Browner and Maxwell could lay the lumber and that intimidation was missing last year as Chancellor went through his hold-out and return.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":utwtl0z2 said:
Clearly they are looking for the swagger and not the skill. Browner and Clem signings are more about locker room and attitude than actual play on the field

This x 1000. Think outside the box people.

Suddenly we got a bunch of geniuses doubting the outside the box kind of moves by PC and JS that got us here in the first place.

Our front office is so far ahead of the game and our own fan base still hasn't realized it and caught up to it yet.

And no, this doesn't mean they aren't without their mistakes. I'm not saying that at all.

Latest posts