Seahawks reportedly make huge contract offer to Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You clearly don't watch Wilson if you don't realize he is a great QB. And people comparing Russ to A-Rod :roll:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2vi1j8n8 said:
[As someone printed, "If not for that second and Dumb call", Russell Wilson would likely brought the Seahawks their second SB Victory in just his third Season in the NFL.

The problem with the "changing just one play" argument is that it opens you up to other "just one play"s that could also be changed.

For instance, both of the Hawks' NFCCG's also came down to "just one play." You change those and the Hawks are still in the hunt for their second SB appearance in team history.

(my point being that "just one play" arguments are bad ones, not going after, diminishing, or critiquing the Hawks making it to the SB in back-to-back years at all).

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And Wilson didn't give up 14 unanswered points, the massively beat up defense did. Win as a team, lose as a team.

JimmyG

Reaction score
Tical21":365zvwuq said:
But, now you have to go three years without significant injury. There is certainly a percentage of risk involved. Is that amount of risk greater or less than the difference he can possibly make by rolling the dice? If he only has to bet on himself to stay healthy for one year, okay, but three more? It isn't very often that any QB can play six years without significant injury. I'd take 85 cents on the dollar to make sure I got to see all that cash.
For sure, that is definitely a risk. Of course, he is mitigating some of that with the insurance policy he took out (although taking out a policy does eat into the how much extra he's making, depending on how expensive that is; and as far as I know, the policy is only for this season.)

I'm didn't mean to imply that there wasn't risk involved. Of course there. But this narrative that people like Clayton are spinning ("he better do it, or it's gonna be really hard for him to make up that money!") is just completely wrong.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1vsjkv2z said:
You clearly don't watch Wilson if you don't realize he is a great QB. And people comparing Russ to A-Rod :roll:

And people thinking everything is awesome :roll:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
JimmyG":h4zg9h9n said:
Tical21":h4zg9h9n said:
But, now you have to go three years without significant injury. There is certainly a percentage of risk involved. Is that amount of risk greater or less than the difference he can possibly make by rolling the dice? If he only has to bet on himself to stay healthy for one year, okay, but three more? It isn't very often that any QB can play six years without significant injury. I'd take 85 cents on the dollar to make sure I got to see all that cash.
For sure, that is definitely a risk. Of course, he is mitigating some of that with the insurance policy he took out (although taking out a policy does eat into the how much extra he's making, depending on how expensive that is; and as far as I know, the policy is only for this season.)

I'm didn't mean to imply that there wasn't risk involved. Of course there. But this narrative that people like Clayton are spinning ("he better do it, or it's gonna be really hard for him to make up that money!") is just completely wrong.

It's in the link I put above, but apparently for Wilson injury risk, and the way he's asked to play by putting his body at greater risk than a pocket qb, is to him part of the reason why he wants more guaranteed money on the deal. If he's gonna keep running around and taking hits he wants the Hawks to put their guarantees where their mouth is. (at least that's the argument, who knows if it's true or not).

ptisme

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2irj5tf7 said:
scutterhawk":2irj5tf7 said:
[As someone printed, "If not for that second and Dumb call", Russell Wilson would likely brought the Seahawks their second SB Victory in just his third Season in the NFL.

The problem with the "changing just one play" argument is that it opens you up to other "just one play"s that could also be changed.

For instance, both of the Hawks' NFCCG's also came down to "just one play." You change those and the Hawks are still in the hunt for their second SB appearance in team history.

(my point being that "just one play" arguments are bad ones, not going after, diminishing, or critiquing the Hawks making it to the SB in back-to-back years at all).
The Packer game didn't come down to just one play. That game should have been 35 to nothing in the third quarter and that defense made stop after stop with their backs against the wall. Then Lynch goes into beast mode in the forth quarter as the Packers self destruct. Wilson stepped up and thrust the dagger to end it... It was a combination of things but certainly was NOT "just one play"....

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Tical I think they like Wilson as a passer just fine they just extended him :)

Some of you all don't be mad if he balls out and then ask for more money, cause it seems to be ok for Marshawn and Kam, but god forbid if Russell tries to do it, hypocritical of some folks. Some people just like to hate on Russell anyway they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.