Seahawks Rumor Yannick Ngakoue trade

2_0_6

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1x30nf3a said:
2_0_6":1x30nf3a said:
From the various boards I read yesterday, the "potential" deal was the Hawks 1st rounder this year and a 2021 2nd rounder for Yannick and the Jags 2020 2nd rounder. I would not touch this deal at all. Give up a first, AND have to pay a large deal? No thanks.

I read on Twitter it was one of our 2nd rounders plus switching our 1st for the Jag's 2nd, which would move them up 13 spots from the 2nd round back into the first.

Either way it's obvious that Pete and John are seriously kicking the tires on Ngakoue, as well they should. He's younger, a true edge rusher and has a clean health history.

So if you're debating on whether to give a big extension/contract to Clowney or a player like Ngakoue? You're gonna lean towards Ngakoue, even if it means giving up draft capital...........and you might be able to sign him to a lesser deal than Clowney.

I dont like giving up a 1st AND paying a large deal. If they cannot bring back Clowney (which seems likely) I would much rather see them trade a lower round pick (2nd or 3rd) for Darrius Slay, draft the best Olineman available @ 27, and then go and sign D line help. It's not out of the realm of possibility for them to get a trio of Quinn, Irvin, and Beasley for under $20mil combined.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
massari":32ovht6r said:
Clowney put up a better pressure %/rate stats, and a higher pass rush win rate than Ngakoue despite getting doubled more. Surround him with the talent Ngakoue had last season, he likely gets a similar amount of sacks. All that while being far superior against the run.

The undersized, slower, less explosive athlete Ngakoue is also only 2 years younger than Clowney. Keep hearing his age brought up like it's some major difference.

Ngakoue wants $22M APY. If they're willing to give him that much, just pay Clowney and keep the draft capital.
THIS^^ & like Sutz says," they're pretty good at turning 1st rd picks into 2-4 other picks.
If the Seahawks gave up a 1st rounder, AND OVERPAY?, ya, I don't think so.
Swapping away your 1st for another teams 2nd, is not a lateral move, it's a downgrade, ESPECIALLY if the Seahawks can't upgrade it's supporting cast to get the most out of the trade for Ngakoue's services.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
2_0_6":2o8r0yvj said:
Sgt. Largent":2o8r0yvj said:
2_0_6":2o8r0yvj said:
From the various boards I read yesterday, the "potential" deal was the Hawks 1st rounder this year and a 2021 2nd rounder for Yannick and the Jags 2020 2nd rounder. I would not touch this deal at all. Give up a first, AND have to pay a large deal? No thanks.

I read on Twitter it was one of our 2nd rounders plus switching our 1st for the Jag's 2nd, which would move them up 13 spots from the 2nd round back into the first.

Either way it's obvious that Pete and John are seriously kicking the tires on Ngakoue, as well they should. He's younger, a true edge rusher and has a clean health history.

So if you're debating on whether to give a big extension/contract to Clowney or a player like Ngakoue? You're gonna lean towards Ngakoue, even if it means giving up draft capital...........and you might be able to sign him to a lesser deal than Clowney.

I dont like giving up a 1st AND paying a large deal. If they cannot bring back Clowney (which seems likely) I would much rather see them trade a lower round pick (2nd or 3rd) for Darrius Slay, draft the best Olineman available @ 27, and then go and sign D line help. It's not out of the realm of possibility for them to get a trio of Quinn, Irvin, and Beasley for under $20mil combined.

For sure, and we're all just speculating.

But if the Clowney hype is real and there are teams lining up to break the bank and give Clowney the market setting deal he says he wants (which is 24-25M per year), then that's why this story is getting traction.

Bottom line, we have to do something.............and since this is one of the worst edge rusher draft in recent memory, it has to come in free agency or via trade. Or both.

- 2-3 DE's
- 2-3 DT's

That's a LOT of D-line needs we have to fill. Tackles we can address for cheaper and in the draft. Edge rushers and impact DE's MUST be addressed in free agency and trade.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Hell no. Give up a 1st round pick for the “right” to pay someone 22 million. Look at the bears with Mack. They now have no high picks to improve/money to fill holes

Largent80

Reaction score
#27 isn't even a 1st rounder. It's a high second, and I would rather have Von Miller for a second and a lot lower contract.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3j1keuu3 said:
Again, there is NO PROOF that they are thinking of offering a 1st round pick.

It's all speculative reports, of course there's no proof.

It's not like John's going to publicly confirm what he's offering the Jags.

But in general, multiple picks including a 1st round is probably accurate. KC gave us a 1st and a 2nd, Ngakoue has 40 sacks in four years, more than Clark had his first four years. So sure, why wouldn't the Jags be asking for multiple picks, including a 1st.

Chapow

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3tf3qghy said:
Swapping away your 1st for another teams 2nd, is not a lateral move, it's a downgrade

Of course it is. You have to give something to get something.

Trading down from #27 to #42 doesn't concern me much for this team given our history with late 1st round picks. What would concern me far more is the contract.

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm not sure why people get all concerned about a contract for a top player. ALL of them get paid, it's been that way for decades now and it's why we are blessed to have John Schneider. Let him work his magic and quit fretting over everything.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Largent80":5w6fbjq5 said:
I'm not sure why people get all concerned about a contract for a top player. ALL of them get paid, it's been that way for decades now and it's why we are blessed to have John Schneider. Let him work his magic and quit fretting over everything.

The large contract is not the issue. it the large contract WITH a 1st round pick on top.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'd rather have a proven very good NFL player than a late 1st round pick any day. Especially how many times they don't even pan out.
Speculation or not, I'll believe it when I see it.

Largent80

Reaction score
#27 is NOT a first round pick....GET THAT STRAIGHT....Only approx. the first 10 to 15 picks have a first round grade.

It's why they took McDowell, it's why they took Penny, and It's WHY they took Collier. NONE of them were graded first round picks.....#27 is NOT that big of a deal especially when you have 2 second round picks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, this is all part of it, someone throws a rumor out there and people get worked up. Quite often, it's not even close to being true. Even worse, some people get mad at the team for something that not only DIDN'T happen, but very well could have never even been considered.
Still fun to talk about though.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Largent80":1enm1s28 said:
#27 is NOT a first round pick....GET THAT STRAIGHT....Only approx. the first 10 to 15 picks have a first round grade.

It's why they took McDowell, it's why they took Penny, and It's WHY they took Collier. NONE of them were graded first round picks.....#27 is NOT that big of a deal especially when you have 2 second round picks.

Even though #27 is a low 1st round pick, it still has value. 680 points, is worth more than a COMBO OF TWO PICKS from number 56 overall down. So although you might not get top 15 talent, it still makes zero sense to give up a first on top of a huge deal.

If they plan on trading that first, Id like them to go back into the second round and then maybe use one of those on Slay.

VoKjlzG

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3je0mvjj said:
Meh, this is all part of it, someone throws a rumor out there and people get worked up. Quite often, it's not even close to being true. Even worse, some people get mad at the team for something that not only DIDN'T happen, but very well could have never even been considered.
Still fun to talk about though.

What else are we suppose to do in the off season before free agency and the draft.................work harder? Interact more with our families? *cold shiver*

I CAN'T!!! I WON'T!!

Largent80

Reaction score
#27 is what it is. An early 2nd round pick. So giving it up for a proven young player is absolutely ok. Drafting there has been proven over time, and the results aren't all that good, especially for the Seahawks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point Sgt. Largent :lol:
I haven't been this excited about a Free Agency period and/or draft in a long time. Especially w/the cap room and draft capital they have. Should be a hell of an off season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I can see both sides, just my OWN opinion, I would much rather have a proven NFL Player than a late 1st round pick that MIGHT pan out eventually. Though I still believe they won't just trade a 1st rounder straight up for the guy.
But IF they did, Ngakoue is our 1st round pick basically. Other than the big contract, I still would rather have a proven player than a late 1st round pick. At least with THIS front office.
And again, this guy is 24 years old.