Seahawks Rumor Yannick Ngakoue trade

2_0_6

Reaction score
Hear me out on this for a sec, check out the draft pick order as we sit today from 21-32. Outside of the Hawks, the Bills, Titans and Dolphins are the only ones who could use him AND have the cap space to sign him to a long term deal. Two of these teams have been linked to Clowney already (Bills-Titans) and although the money might be slightly higher they would keep their pick if the signed Clowney.

If your the Bills are you trading #21 for Yannick? Im not.

My worry is that if Clowney does leave say to the Titans, the Hawks might be bidding against themselves for Yannick.

LipJgnX

Largent80

Reaction score
I really don't care about speculation anymore. John Schneider is probably the best GM in the NFL and I'll support whatever he does, he's a Gedi.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Largent80":109q0ycj said:
I really don't care about speculation anymore. John Schneider is probably the best GM in the NFL and I'll support whatever he does, he's a Gedi except when it comes to Oline.

Fixed :D

Largent80

Reaction score
2_0_6":71pl753w said:
Largent80":71pl753w said:
I really don't care about speculation anymore. John Schneider is probably the best GM in the NFL and I'll support whatever he does, he's a Gedi except when it comes to Oline.

NOPE not fixed

He's way better than o-line, are you a newbie to JS and PC?....its only been 10 friggin years and you learned exactly WHAT?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Largent80":oc2ptblm said:
2_0_6":oc2ptblm said:
Largent80":oc2ptblm said:

NOPE not fixed

He's way better than o-line, are you a newbie to JS and PC?....its only been 10 friggin years and you learned exactly WHAT?

Yup Im a newbie. You nailed it!

Mark Glowinski, Terry Poole, Ifedi, Pocic have all been all pros. What was I thinking.

Largent80

Reaction score
Oh ok...you want to come here and list failures?....That's a losing post dude, you want me to list the others?...I think not. I'll easily kick that ass.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Largent80":1uwlofvw said:
Oh ok...you want to come here and list failures?....That's a losing post dude, you want me to list the others?...I think not.

There are failures everywhere.. You arent breaking any news there broham. But the oline is a place I REALLY want them to sign a proven vet at. Ya know there is that $30miliion dollar QB thats kinda important.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
austinslater25":o8cede67 said:
I think this is under the assumption they let Clowney go. I wonder if Pete actually prefers him to Clowney.
Or just as possibly Pete and John don't think they can resign Clowney

Largent80

Reaction score
206 You don't get it. The draft is loaded with very good Centers and guards. Can you at least research?......tons of great analysis everywhere.

DL sucks in the draft this year. The good news is OL is plentiful and we have pics.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Gotta' get an O Lineman or two in the draft imo. It is VERY heavy in Receivers, they need a good #3. And yes I'm fully aware that D Line and O Line are by far the biggest priorities. Just sayin', there are a ridiculous amount of solid WR's, so I'm hoping they add one in the draft.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
2_0_6":cvrmhk1r said:
Mark Glowinski, Terry Poole, Ifedi, Pocic have all been all pros. What was I thinking.

To be fair these were "Cable guys" as Pete would put it. Which we now know is code for "they stink."

Last two drafts with Solari advising we drafted Jones and Haynes, two very promising linemen............so if we do go O-line, WHICH WE SHOULD EARLY, then I have faith under Solari that we'll do well.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Largent80":2ujh9yyt said:
206 You don't get it. The draft is loaded with very good Centers and guards. Can you at least research?......tons of great analysis everywhere.

DL sucks in the draft this year. The good news is OL is plentiful and we have pics.

I do get it, and I do my research thanks. I am not in favor of trading away the biggest bargaining chip we have in our #1 pick for Yannick when there are other players available in free agency to fill the D line needs...

So it really is your MO to continually take pot shots at people who have a different perspective than you.

Interesting.

kf3339

Reaction score
It's interesting that some of the comments is about not just the pick(s), but the size of his potential contract. We have about $50M, but up to $70M with some specific moves by the FO. The money isn't the problem this year at all.

The DL is the biggest problem and Ngakoue is a major potential solution. It's not our money being thrown around and it's going to be spent somewhere. I want this off-season FA to be about fixing the DL for the next 3-4 years. Draft picks won't do the trick. Get Ngakoue, Clowney, Jefferson and a quality DT and we should be good to go. The defense is our biggest issue and the DL our biggest weakness. We need to fix the defense in FA.

The draft should be about OL,OL,OL,WR and possibly RB in that order.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
2_0_6":1jp0aecj said:
Largent80":1jp0aecj said:

I do get it, and I do my research thanks. I am not in favor of trading away the biggest bargaining chip we have in our #1 pick for Yannick when there are other players available in free agency to fill the D line needs...

So it really is your MO to continually take pot shots at people who have a different perspective than you.

Interesting.

Like who?

Like who is a better free agent coupled with that #27 pick?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Paul Gallant believes that Signing Clowney is better than trading for, and signing Ngakoue. He makes a good arguments, saying that you lose a 1st round draft pick, and (I believe a 2nd?) in order to save a few million a year, IF Yannick is cheaper than Clowney.

So you may pay more for Clowney, but you keep your (valuable) draft picks.

hawks85

Reaction score
If they trade for Yannick then Clowney won't be back. No way in hell does Seattle pay 20 plus a year to 2 pass rushers.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
We score enough points.. sadly we give up to many points..brunt of this years prospects, draft or FA needs to be on the defensive side..mostly DL.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":n0cpj90h said:
Yannick is a bit overrated. I'd much rather have Clowney. Unless, of course, we're operating under the goal of signing both Yannick AND Clowney, which is... a dangerously sexy duo of pass rushers.

I agree. He benefited from playing opposite to Calais Campbell. He wouldn't have that here. Clowney may not be a better pass rusher but is definitely a better overall player than Ngakoue. Trading a 1st and a 2nd plus not being able to resign Clowney is too high a price for an one trick pony. They can get Dante Fowler for cheaper than Ngakoue and probably offers as much as Yannick. For a team that has many holes draft picks are essential. I rather keep the picks, sign Clowney, and look for Fowler or someone similar in FA.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1bd7bovw said:
Gotta' get an O Lineman or two in the draft imo. It is VERY heavy in Receivers, they need a good #3. And yes I'm fully aware that D Line and O Line are by far the biggest priorities. Just sayin', there are a ridiculous amount of solid WR's, so I'm hoping they add one in the draft.
You're exactly right Soulfish, the needs are aplenty, they can't afford to overlook anyone in this Draft.

Latest posts