Seahawks sign offensive lineman DJ Fluker

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
with his terrible feet, no way is he playing over a healthy fant / potentially-improved ifedi at RT. so until he proves otherwise, hes just another camp body. better than poicic at RG, but still a massive turnstyle in pass blocking. wonder how much donald is still savoring our interior line. rams, even 9ers licking their chops

just a "meh" move tbh

King Dog

Reaction score
Here's that thread:
http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-york ... out-fluker

For example...
"-13-2018, 05:20 PM
I love Fluker, came off to me last year as a guy that had something to prove. It was clear as day he should have been a starter since preseason. Pretty infuriating to see the coaching staff not see it for themselves, unless they had another agenda. As soon as he was inserted into the lineup due to injury, instant ground game improvement. The guy is a mauler in the run game.

That being said, from what I have heard the Giants don't feel he is a good fit in their new zone run blocking scheme. I hope that is inaccurate and we end up signing him."

TreeRon

Reaction score
"Fant has never done anything to secure a prognosis as an NFL starter. He's one of the most overhyped players in recent Seattle history."
I have reservations with Carson as well. I'm worried he comes back from injury like Rawls.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
original poster":2ewfhiz0 said:
He played RG and RT for Solari last year with the Giants.

This is a pretty intriguing signing.

Very keen to see the contract given how awfully overpaid many have been.
Garrapolo says we signed OLD J Fluker
I'd suppose signing YOUNG J Fluker is too much to ask ? :p
Solari knows what he's looking for...Good Signing :irishdrinkers:

D

DomeHawk

Just feels like another signing like last year...

..and the year before...

...and the year before that...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Scepticism is undoubtedly justified. However, it is something for the OLine rather than crickets

ducks41468

Reaction score
Seems like an exact replica of the Joeckel signing. I watched a couple of Giants games last year and Fluker's name was called a lot, which isn't a good thing. Russ must be thrilled.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Giants fans are giving me beef about signing Fluker who they believe was not good. It doesn't bother me though as they do not know our FO's plan.

sdog1981

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3ej5eaky said:
Just feels like another signing like last year...

..and the year before...

...and the year before that...

It is the opposite now. Now they look for fat guys who can't run before they looked for fat guys who could run.

ducks41468

Reaction score
NJlargent":35080t5o said:
Giants fans are giving me beef about signing Fluker who they believe was not good. It doesn't bother me though as they do not know our FO's plan.

I'm not seeing the plan. He has the classic Cable profile of many guys who have previously struggled mightily in our system. Who knows, maybe it was all Cable's fault and these guys suddenly blossom into competent linemen, but after years of watching this offense I'm sick and tired of "road-grader" linemen who can't pas block to save their lives and end up not really being able to run block either.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Seymour":3iys39bb said:
Uncle Si":3iys39bb said:
Seymour":3iys39bb said:
Another 2013 draft bust, that was #11 overall.

What do you know of the player outside his PFF scores from last year.. because your opinion has done one of the quicker and more extreme 180s i've seen on here in some time

I know worse than Joeckel = potential destruction of our #1 asset and more bad habits which happens to piss me off. Sorry.I'll check out now since people don't understand what "I need to check means".

I don't think we need to vilify changing ones opinion, more people on the internet need to learn how to do that. I think everyone just gets tired of the constant negativity. I can't remember the last happy Seymour post I saw.

kf3339

Reaction score
I think this is a good signing for the team at this point. Not much left in FA to pick from, and whatever the contract is will be more than likely cap friendly. Considering how much Pugh got from the Cards, this was the next best option.

Hope it works!

adeltaY

Reaction score
Can someone explain how Ifedi/Fluker are such great athletes but people frequently describe them as having "slow feet"? Is it because agility is separate from athleticism. Are they very strong/long but slow? Genuinely don't understand it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well an improved Run game by itself will help keep the gates of hell from being swung all the way open against Wilson. It's a start if he pans out, right now it's getting bodies in place again and seeing what we have.