Seahawks Signed Will Blackmon

OP
OP
H

Hawks46

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3vdev3yv said:
I love this signing. Has played well in spurts for JAX. Will likely play better within the all-star SEA unit. Has some return-game utility. At minimum, he is viable depth and strong competition for Simon.

Yup agreed. I'd actually forgotten he has returned punts before. This makes it even more likely he sticks on the roster this time.

Gusbusser

Reaction score
He pretty much got us Jag fans one of our wins in 2013 lol

JagaursFumbleTD

Frozenropers

Reaction score
Hawknight":1pzwjadm said:
Why would they give him up is my question?

......because he didn't make enough money? Jags need to spend big bucks this offseason just in order to get above the minimum salary floor. Maybe Blackmon was too economical and they need to go sign higher priced dudes? :mrgreen:

:thirishdrinkers:

Gusbusser

Reaction score
Hawknight":609pw9ce said:

Jags drafted 2 great corners in Demetrius McCray and Aaron Colvin. DMac was a 7th round pick in 2013 and actually ranked as one of the best corners in the NFL. Colvin was a 4th round pick in 2014 who was projected to be a 2nd rounder but he tore his ACL so Gus redshirted him for most of the season. They also drafted 3rd rounder Dwayne Gratz in 2013 who is primarily suited as a nickel.

So yeah, basically a youth movement.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Gusbusser":k0te61ck said:
Hawknight":k0te61ck said:

Jags drafted 2 great corners in Demetrius McCray and Aaron Colvin. DMac was a 7th round pick in 2013 and actually ranked as one of the best corners in the NFL. Colvin was a 4th round pick in 2014 who was projected to be a 2nd rounder but he tore his ACL so Gus redshirted him for most of the season. They also drafted 3rd rounder Dwayne Gratz in 2013 who is primarily suited as a nickel.

Fantastic post, bro! Living in the south, I have now picked up the Jags as my AFC team.

Be well!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Gusbusser":3n987y7z said:
Hawknight":3n987y7z said:

Was wondering the same thing since I thought he was pretty serviceable, thanks.

kobebryant

Reaction score
The early Carroll era Seahawks would probably do the exact same; move on from decent vets in order to get younger dudes on the field.

Jags have a lot of promising pieces, though I think their pursuit of Demarco Murray could be ill advised; that oline is getting better and Denard looks like a player.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
There you go. Like lots of us have been saying, expect more of this kind of signing than the exciting kinds. Blackmon really isn't really an upgrade, but he's an average and dependable guy who provides valuable depth. Not a bad move at all.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Depth and competition, nothing wrong with bringing in vets, but I would guess some young guys will be given every chance to win jobs and push for playing time. All I want is guys with big(er) upside and vets that can hold the fort and teach while those young guys develope.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/willblackmon/status/575076055981101056[/tweet]

jblaze

Reaction score
I like the depth. He also could play meaningful minutes in a pinch.

Not to mention, he returns kicks. Something we desperately need.

getnasty

Reaction score
Now if we can see about getting the other Blackmon from the Jags.

Tical21

Reaction score
I think this is 90% about return skills.