Seahawks Visit White House May 21

Largent80

Reaction score
For me it was great. However, seeing Breno, Tate, Thurmond, McQ was a downer, GTFO you guys.

Yeah, you helped, but bolted. Have fun watching us win multiples.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't get the urge to be hostile to the guys who left in free agency. I'd presume that all of them were effectively cut because Seattle didn't even come close to matching the offers they received from other teams. I'm not even sure they offered anything to Breno or McQ. Tate got a courtesy offer, which I honestly don't think Seattle expected him to accept. Thurmond is getting a chance to start and shine in NY, which is something he wouldn't have here.

They all contributed in big ways to Seattle's first Lombardi. I will remember them fondly and continue to root for them to succeed individually.

edogg23

Reaction score
It does bug me a little bit that Lynch wasn't there. It's amazing how someone so motivated to gain every extra tenth of an inch on the field, an absolute beast who sacrifices his body on every cary, could be so indifferent about everything else off the field football related. Now if it turns out he had something personal that was important going on then I stand corrected. There are just some things that bond you as a team and I would think this is one of them.

razgriz737

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2vyn5kpw said:
I don't get the urge to be hostile to the guys who left in free agency. I'd presume that all of them were effectively cut because Seattle didn't even come close to matching the offers they received from other teams. I'm not even sure they offered anything to Breno or McQ. Tate got a courtesy offer, which I honestly don't think Seattle expected him to accept. Thurmond is getting a chance to start and shine in NY, which is something he wouldn't have here.

They all contributed in big ways to Seattle's first Lombardi. I will remember them fondly and continue to root for them to succeed individually.
Ditto. I'm still gonna rock my Tate jersey. No need to be so salty.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
edogg23":3b4nx5y1 said:
It does bug me a little bit that Lynch wasn't there. It's amazing how someone so motivated to gain every extra tenth of an inch on the field, an absolute beast who sacrifices his body on every cary, could be so indifferent about everything else off the field football related. Now if it turns out he had something personal that was important going on then I stand corrected. There are just some things that bond you as a team and I would think this is one of them.

I bet if you looked into it, he was probably doing something in Oakland with youth.

That's my best guess.

If not, the man deserves an off season. I can completely understand the attitude that you get paid to play football, all the other stuff is just other stuff, and if you'd rather take your van to the car wash than meet the president, well, that's a little odd but whatever, it's a free world.

It's pretty clear that on some level he believes that he's getting paid to play a kid's game, and that all the trappings and other stuff around the NFL is just that, trappings and hype. It's what happens on the field that matters.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Body language experts strike again. I believe those are the same ones who posited that Earl Thomas hated being drafted by the Seahawks and that Seattle was devastated when Easley was drafted by New England.

Exittium

Reaction score
DavidSeven":25q2j0hv said:
Body language experts strike again. I believe those are the same ones who posited that Earl Thomas hated being drafted by the Seahawks and that Seattle was devastated when Easley was drafted by New England.

I'm by no means calling myself a "body language expert" like you so generously point out, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice in every d@mn video they have posted he doesn't smile or anything, while everyone else around him does even if its fake. And also before you or anyone else claims, that's all I looked for, its not. I was actually grinning from ear to ear seeing our boys there and was looking at each one and the one that stuck out happen to be golden.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
He probably had gas n didn't want to let it rip in the white house

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Seahawks win the super bowl and visit the President.

Sooooo, let's argue about the facial expression of a guy who doesn't play here anymore.

Largent80

Reaction score
I would imagine that the players that left after winning the SB are about as excited as we are to see them there.

However, they earned it and they do deserve to be there. I don't care to see them 1 day after this day.

And once again, I hope they enjoy watching us dominate the teams they went to.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Is there a link to the full video of this? I'm only seeing clips on the official site.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Possible reason why Marshawn Lynch wasn't there:

@Abker: Sad to hear @MommaLynch24 and Marshawn are dealing with the passing of a friend...Prayers your way Sunshine

LolaRox

Reaction score
I thought it was a perfect speech and very proud moment for the Seahawks organization and fans.

Two of the more subtle things that stood out to me were when John looked at Earl after Obama's championship belt comment (I think Earl is the one who tweeted the photo.) they kinda chuckled at each other. The 2nd is when the POTUS gave a shout out to the LOB but didn't say Browner's name, Pete gave Browner a nod and Browner nodded back - it was a great acknowledge by both men.

I love this team.