Seahawks vrs Dolphins..Week 1.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Djphinfan":1w9iaox9 said:
NINEster":1w9iaox9 said:
Djphinfan":1w9iaox9 said:
were not the niners..different players..better players.

This is why there will always be hatred around the league.

Just 2-3 years ago Niners would stomp on Dolphins, Skins, etc. Now these teams do a little well and they talk trash like their s*** don't stink.

Say what you want about SF, but they've been far from offseason FA champs for quite some time now. Post Harbaugh they got at least that one thing right compared to pre-Harbaugh.

I'm talking about Suh, Mario, all the big names.......such great promise, and huge let down.

Year after year after year. Only highlight on Miami calendar are home wins against the Patriots.

SF will be a real force in the league before Miami. Sad but true fact.

Even if it means 5-10 years.
not sure where you going with this..

nothing you said is fact even though you state that it is..

how soon you forget what Mashawn beast mode lynch did for the mentality of your team and how it affected your opponents.

some rookie free agent comes in while wilson is lighting up the league at unprecedented levels and its short memory complex taking over..

mario williams has not let us down yet, we just signed him this offseason after letting olivier vernon go to get a huge payday from the giants.

not sure what this is all about but ok.

''SF will be a real force in the league before Miami. Sad but true fact.

Even if it means 5-10 years''

Hey, phinfan, if you're going to respond to a post, make sure you know who you're responding to. NINEster is a whiner fan, he hates the Seahawks. He got upset that you slighted his beloved team. I know, a niner fan talking about people who think their shit doesn't stink..... :roll:

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Maulbert":wrqft0yy said:
Djphinfan":wrqft0yy said:
NINEster":wrqft0yy said:
Djphinfan":wrqft0yy said:
were not the niners..different players..better players.

This is why there will always be hatred around the league.

Just 2-3 years ago Niners would stomp on Dolphins, Skins, etc. Now these teams do a little well and they talk trash like their s*** don't stink.

Say what you want about SF, but they've been far from offseason FA champs for quite some time now. Post Harbaugh they got at least that one thing right compared to pre-Harbaugh.

I'm talking about Suh, Mario, all the big names.......such great promise, and huge let down.

Year after year after year. Only highlight on Miami calendar are home wins against the Patriots.

SF will be a real force in the league before Miami. Sad but true fact.

Even if it means 5-10 years.
not sure where you going with this..

nothing you said is fact even though you state that it is..

how soon you forget what Mashawn beast mode lynch did for the mentality of your team and how it affected your opponents.

some rookie free agent comes in while wilson is lighting up the league at unprecedented levels and its short memory complex taking over..

mario williams has not let us down yet, we just signed him this offseason after letting olivier vernon go to get a huge payday from the giants.

not sure what this is all about but ok.

''SF will be a real force in the league before Miami. Sad but true fact.

Even if it means 5-10 years''

Hey, phinfan, if you're going to respond to a post, make sure you know who you're responding to. NINEster is a whiner fan, he hates the Seahawks. He got upset that you slighted his beloved team. I know, a niner fan talking about people who think their shit doesn't stink..... :roll:

niners fan eh...well then, he's got enough worries and embarrassment to deal with.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Djphinfan":3306vgnh said:
EverydayImRusselin":3306vgnh said:
Djphinfan":3306vgnh said:
bigskydoc":3306vgnh said:
You keep talking like Lynch and Graham were somehow a big part of our game last year. They weren't.

Lynch played in 7 games total. We went 3-4 in those games, and in one of those wins he was a non-factor rushing for 14 yards on 5 carries. In only one game last year did he get more than 73 yards. When he returned from injury, he was told publicly, by our offensive line coach, that our offense had changed and he would have to adapt to the new look Seahawks.

Graham diverted more attention from the Seahawks game plan than he did from opposing defenders. While he was certainly a bigger part of our game than Lynch, the best that can be said is that there was no let off when he went out with injury. Perhaps our historic run at the end of the season would have been more historic with Graham, but it was still a historic run.

Our defense finally healed up and got over their post-2014 hangover somewhere around week 11 last year. I fully expect them to come out of the gates rested and playing at a level much closer to that at the end of last season rather than what they showed at the start.

Teams that have shut down Wilson have done so by containing him in the pocket, rather than trying to get pass rushers to him. Unfortunately for our opponents, his pocket passing game took a leap forward last season, so this technique may not work anymore. The one area where I can still criticize his game, the one chink in the armor of you will, is his ability to make post-snap changes to the play. If you can successfully disguise your blitzes, or show blitz and check out of it after the snap, you can catch him running the wrong play for the actual coverage.

Pete has been working with him on seeing offenses the way NFL defenses do. I can only imagine that a big portion of this is how defenses bait the QB. Wilson will be scary when he learns to make the post-snap read and adjustment

-bsd
really good info here, thanks, interesting about wilson..I do know what he did from the pocket last year, as I'm constantly defending him to my own peeps, I've had to debate them since I had him as a first round pick coming out, the narrative amongst folks who dont know what their looking at was that the defense and lynch carried him..then Lynch went way and he had one of the single best halves of football ever, then they said well, he's not a pocket passer, then he preceded to throw up sick numbers from the pocket, now their quiet..finally..

let me run this by y'all..do you really think rawls is that good with that 5.5 average or is this a case of wilson running the read option stuff and basically making the defenders focus on him instead of rawls, this making any back look good.?

Do I think Rawls is HOF worthy with a 5.5 ypc? I don'the think so. I do think he is a perfect RB for our system though. To me the big difference last year, between him and Lynch was speed. Rawls had the necessary speed to get to the holes our OL was opening and then to explode through the contact as well. While Lynch was injured last year, it also seemed to me he was dancing behind the line too much, because the OL was horrible. I'm a huge Rawls fan. It's not just the 5.5 ypc, he also led the league in % of runs that were 0 or more yards, ie least amount of negative run plays. I think Rawls paired with Wilson has the potential to be a devastating combo for years to come. If Rawls is fully healed I expect him to average 5 ypc and possibly lead the league in rushing.
Quoting djphinsfan
......Im gonna disagree with you here sir, Rawls is not faster or quicker than Lynch, or better, I really think its the wilson affect when it comes to the run game..Wilsons skill set threatens so many levels of a defense, in the pocket, out of pocket, scripted runs, improv runs, decoy, dude is a five tool qb.

Dont you think its to much of a coincidence that rawls, an undrafted free agent, busts out, even though the oline was struggling. You do not lead the league in yds per rush, 4.98, with gadgetry and misdirection. If you happen to, you surely won't also lead all backs in yds after contact with 2.80. If the highly improbable happens and you do, you wouldn't rank fifth in the league in yds before contact with 3.18, especially when your line is struggling, right? You definitely wouldn't have a 200 + yd rushing game either. All of that because of a QB and in spite of a porous o line. Huh, interesting. Let's not bring up that he was thirteenth in the league in rushing, even though he started what, seven games. Sure glad we have you phins fans around to tell us about our team. I say all this mostly just giving you some grief, jokingly. But you are debating a group of individuals here that are supremely educated about their team, as I am sure you are with your team. I just re read my post, man it sounds horribly facetious. Although I didn't necessarily mean it that way when I started out, I am good with it, lol.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Djphinfan":bsvg27w5 said:
BlueTalon":bsvg27w5 said:
let me run this by y'all..do you really think rawls is that good with that 5.5 average or is this a case of wilson running the read option stuff and basically making the defenders focus on him instead of rawls, this making any back look good.?
Judge for yourself. How much of this is Wilson making Rawls look good, and how much of it is Rawls making himself look good?

[youtube]0L_wJwgc38o[/youtube]

Im gonna disagree with you here sir, Rawls is not faster or quicker than Lynch, or better, I really think its the wilson affect when it comes to the run game..Wilsons skill set threatens so many levels of a defense, in the pocket, out of pocket, scripted runs, improv runs, decoy, dude is a five tool qb.

Dont you think its to much of a coincidence that rawls, an underrated free agent, busts out, even though your oline was struggling.?
Perhaps you are forgetting what team you are talking about. The Seahawks, under Pete Carroll and John Schneider, consistently have the highest percentage of UDFAs on the final roster of any team in the league. The draft is a numbers game, and there's a lot of talent that slips through the cracks.

We don't find it surprising when a UDFA player busts out. We expect it.
I know Schneider is a good evaluator..

Tannebaum has been studying him since he got fired in new york..Theres much respect..

My only point is he's not Lynch.

No, the point you seemingly tried to make is that rawls' success was because of a "five tool QB" and therefore scheme as well. The majority of us know he isn't Lynch. He is rawls. We just believe that being rawls is more than good enough. He stands up on his own. We could all very well be wrong, but don't believe so. Can't wait until the first game.

NINEster

Reaction score
Djphinfan":p6pfrtzj said:

niners fan eh...well then, he's got enough worries and embarrassment to deal with.[/quote]

Funny.

Not embarrassed, just annoyed. There are a lot of 5-6 win perennial teams that do not garner the hate or "shame" that the Niners have these last two seasons. You'd imagine it was the '08 Lions on infinite loop talking to people.

The Niners the first half of this decade have had a better 5 year stretch than any the Dolphins had going back to somewhere in the Marino era (if that, and I'm being generous). And these are the non dynasty 49ers.

Viewed objectively how many NFL fans would turn down 17 out of 20 seasons with 10+ wins (1981 - 2002), 5 Lombardis, followed by 6 more playoff appearances over the next 14 years. We'll throw in the Super Bowl loss as well for good measure.

Unless your team accomplished that, I'm not jealous. Only these Belichick Patriots are going to be able to match that level of winning.

Yeah, we live in the present, but fandom isn't based on the present unless you are 5 years old and just started watching football. My good friend is a Dolphins fan, I've known him since about 2006....we talk way more about general football or 49ers than Dolphins. Easy to forget his team.

1984 still hurts, I get it bud. Marino 5089 yards, 48 TDs all for naught...just got hot in the wrong year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jeez a compilation of what every 49ers uses as a excuse in one post, you did leave out the quest for 6 part though.

NINEster

Reaction score
chris98251":2652zfnr said:
Jeez a compilation of what every 49ers uses as a excuse in one post, you did leave out the quest for 6 part though.

People need discipline and reminders.

A lot of tough talk with very little to nothing backing it up....the Dolphins had to get rid of Philbin for Campbell (their own version of Tomsula) because of how embarrassing the team was playing just this past season. The Brits got to see this lackluster play at Wembley.

I was at Metlife this year for the Jets/Dolphins game.....quite enjoyable blowout. Last game for the Phins OC....pretty embarrassing for them.

You want to root for the Dolphins, and then this guy comes in and reminds you why you shouldn't.

Will always have that perfect '72 season though. Nobody else ever had that. :2thumbs:

NINEster

Reaction score
Now if only our Dolphin friend could have just acknowledged that a division rival of the Seahawks would play them tough and leave it at that we wouldn't have any issues.

I guess if you have a big name DL, Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell you have a great defense.

Houston Texans East.

Maulbert

Reaction score
NINEster":2v25vz47 said:
Now if only our Dolphin friend could have just acknowledged that a division rival of the Seahawks would play them tough and leave it at that we wouldn't have any issues.

I guess if you have a big name DL, Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell you have a great defense.

Houston Texans East.

Hey, Texans have had minor success in recent years.

Call them Buffalo Bills South. 8)

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
NINEster":1nge8d5b said:
chris98251":1nge8d5b said:

A lot of tough talk with very little to nothing backing it up....the Dolphins had to get rid of Philbin for Campbell (their own version of Tomsula) because of how embarrassing the team was playing just this past season. The Brits got to see this lackluster play at Wembley.

I was at Metlife this year for the Jets/Dolphins game.....quite enjoyable blowout. Last game for the Phins OC....pretty embarrassing for them.

You want to root for the Dolphins, and then this guy comes in and reminds you why you shouldn't.

Will always have that perfect '72 season though. Nobody else ever had that. :2thumbs:

You lack self-awareness to such a degree it's mind blowing.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
NINEster":1az60kch said:
Djphinfan":1az60kch said:

niners fan eh...well then, he's got enough worries and embarrassment to deal with.

Funny.

Not embarrassed, just annoyed. There are a lot of 5-6 win perennial teams that do not garner the hate or "shame" that the Niners have these last two seasons. You'd imagine it was the '08 Lions on infinite loop talking to people.

The Niners the first half of this decade have had a better 5 year stretch than any the Dolphins had going back to somewhere in the Marino era (if that, and I'm being generous). And these are the non dynasty 49ers.

Viewed objectively how many NFL fans would turn down 17 out of 20 seasons with 10+ wins (1981 - 2002), 5 Lombardis, followed by 6 more playoff appearances over the next 14 years. We'll throw in the Super Bowl loss as well for good measure.

Unless your team accomplished that, I'm not jealous. Only these Belichick Patriots are going to be able to match that level of winning.

Yeah, we live in the present, but fandom isn't based on the present unless you are 5 years old and just started watching football. My good friend is a Dolphins fan, I've known him since about 2006....we talk way more about general football or 49ers than Dolphins. Easy to forget his team.

1984 still hurts, I get it bud. Marino 5089 yards, 48 TDs all for naught...just got hot in the wrong year.[/quote]

both franchises have very respectable histories,.

I've had more worries and embarrassment than you have my point about your team is I think your in real bad shape currently, I dont see the light with that front office, I mean why would any front office want to get rid of jim harbaugh, They disrespected the guy by not extending his contract, coach like that cant give his heart to the team if there is disrespect like that from up top.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
NINEster":39o9emqf said:
chris98251":39o9emqf said:

discipline and reminders..lol..wtf..are you playing daddy.?

dude, lets not live in the past, its boring, I realize how bad we've been, but whats the story with ya'll?

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
NINEster":3vpvf3zs said:

Houston Texans East.
your still living off the harbaugh past..I respected that era, but for some odd reason your front office didn't realize what they had..same front office people still there so that would be hard to trust.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
If you want to talk about both Dolphins and Niners, We have a place for that called the NFL Nation. I would recommend keeping this post string on topic and use NFL Nation for that purpose. Thank you and carry on.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":172chp4e said:
If you want to talk about both Dolphins and Niners, We have a place for that called the NFL Nation. I would recommend keeping this post string on topic and use NFL Nation for that purpose. Thank you and carry on.

back on topic..

your thoughts on the players that are replacing Okung and Sweezy? two pretty good players no?

and wondering if you all will pursue Eugene Monroe.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Djphinfan":2bx5j9ly said:
Seahawkfan80":2bx5j9ly said:

back on topic..

your thoughts on the players that are replacing Okung and Sweezy? two pretty good players no?

and wondering if you all will pursue Eugene Monroe.
Mixed bag... paying Okung like a starting LT and watching him get injured every 3rd play was getting old but he's better than any other option we have.

Sweezy I'll miss but only in the run game.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Okung is Mr. Glass. Even though we really have no "proven" replacement at LT, I will gladly take my chances with Gilliam.

Sweezy is a phenomenal athlete and a beast in the run game scheme, but a revolving door with pass protection.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
well, I would think they are both net losses..they were your two best olineman in a pretty subpar year no?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Djphinfan":7eazpvpn said:
well, I would think they are both net losses..they were your two best olineman in a pretty subpar year no?

That's like picking who is the best athlete between Michael Moore and Rosie O'Donnell.