Seahawks vrs Dolphins..Week 1.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Djphinfan":2bafhe2j said:
1}Duly noted..

2} was in response to the comment, '' were hungry''

3} imo The reason why Rawls looked better to the human eye than the all pro {not probowl} Mashawn Lynch, is because when Lynch went down, that special qb took on a bigger role, played with more responsibility on his shoulders, and played with more sense of urgency and threat, which in turn opened things up for anyone who was to take Lynch's place.

4} I'm sorry I dont feel that not seeing Jimmy graham is your advantage.

5} Golden Tate..Marshawn Lynch..Percy Harvin..Jimmy Graham {if he doesn't go vrs us}..Bruce Irvin..

6} duly noted.

I think this will be a low scoring close defensive game.

I'm not sure where to start; You're emphasizing the loss of two receivers that didn't even play for Seattle in 2015, a DT that was replaced by a 1st round talent (nvm, you didn't even mention Mebane), a RB that was out performed by his replacement in 2015 and then an injured Graham. Irvin was literally the least important starter on the defense.

See where I'm going with this?

Not to mention the #4 offense in the league without any of the players that you mentioned on that side of the ball playing any significant snaps in 2015 aside from Graham who's loss didn't prevent an offensive explosion in the 2nd half of the season.

Qualifying my statement about Lynch being out performed:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=118632

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Maulbert":35cr5lnt said:
Djphinfan":35cr5lnt said:
1}Duly noted..

3} imo The reason why Rawls looked better to the human eye than the all pro {not probowl} Mashawn Lynch, is because when Lynch went down, that special qb took on a bigger role, played with more responsibility on his shoulders, and played with more sense of urgency and threat, which in turn opened things up for anyone who was to take Lynch's place.

5} Golden Tate..Marshawn Lynch..Percy Harvin..Jimmy Graham {if he doesn't go vrs us}..Bruce Irvin..

6} duly noted.

Percy Harvin a loss of talent?!? WTF are you smoking? He had 23 catches for 150 yards and 11 rushes for 92 yards and 1 TD in a season and a half. He was never integrated into the offense and no one would call him a loss. His biggest contribution was 13 kick returns for 341 yards, but Lockett is a better returner than Harvin ever was as a Seahawk, and fills the same position Harvin had on offense better, too. And don't bother mentioning the kickoff return in the Super Bowl, we were up 22-0 when he did it. You are showing complete ignorance in your arguments about the Seahawks, so why should we take you seriously? You clearly didn't do the homework.
Lockett is better, no doubt...

I was asked a direct question..

of course I don't know as much as you all about your team, thats why i came here, but there are universal topics that are in play here that I'm just as educated as you are on..

Ive watched every rep your qb has taken, college and pro.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Djphinfan":3kst29ue said:
Maulbert":3kst29ue said:
Djphinfan":3kst29ue said:
1}Duly noted..

6} duly noted.

Percy Harvin a loss of talent?!? WTF are you smoking? He had 23 catches for 150 yards and 11 rushes for 92 yards and 1 TD in a season and a half. He was never integrated into the offense and no one would call him a loss. His biggest contribution was 13 kick returns for 341 yards, but Lockett is a better returner than Harvin ever was as a Seahawk, and fills the same position Harvin had on offense better, too. And don't bother mentioning the kickoff return in the Super Bowl, we were up 22-0 when he did it. You are showing complete ignorance in your arguments about the Seahawks, so why should we take you seriously? You clearly didn't do the homework.

of course I don't know as much as you all about your team, thats why i came here, but there are universal topics that are in play here that I'm just as educated as you are on..

But when we counter your arguments with hard data, you simply respond "that's not the way I see it." You're countering facts with opinions.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Archer":1jbkpzcw said:
Djphinfan":1jbkpzcw said:
[ I do know the situation and studied the player as much as you all did..I knew he was going under the radar even from my seat, however, if you are a front office and you have a conviction on a qb to the degree that you think he is a home run, #1, you don't share that with anyone, #2, you dont wait until the 75th pick to make your move..

I respect your opinion, but I don't agree in this case.Now I would say you had more sense than anyone in the league on this player because no'one else made the move, however there's no way your front office was to know that from 31 other teams.

You know about Wilson but you don't know about Schneider and what his feelings were or his thought process at that time. I suggest you watch the video above that someone else posted if you actually want to be informed on this topic, if you want to just continue to hold fast to your current opinion then there's no point in talking about this any further.

Regarding the game, the Seahawks are bringing back 9/11 starters on defense - only Bruce Irvin and Brandon Mebane need replaced. We drafted Reed for Mebane and Irvin's position is one that can be filled with one of our current backup LBs or schemed around (as Carroll is talking about with Browner).

We have the best CB combo we've had since 2013 when we had Browner and Maxwell opposite Sherman, Chancellor has stated he will not hold out this year and we now have a decent backup for him in McCray in the off chance that changes.

On offense we are bringing back the same WRs that dominated efficiency stats last year, have a young RB (and a stable of others if he's not ready to go game 1) that will be able to replace Lynch's stats (even if Lynch himself is a player that is one of a kind and irreplaceable) and of course the aforementioned Wilson.

Graham is likely on PUP to start the year, but if you are wondering why no one is too concerned about that it's because we've never had a passing threat out of the TE position since Carroll has been here, so it's not exactly something that is going to be a backbreaker. Graham was brought in because we've never had a threat there, so we're basically just continuing to wait for that hole to be filled. It's not a loss comparative to our previous rosters.

The O-line may very well be as bad as last year, but the starters we lost were oft-injured (Okung) and overrated (Sweezy). It's a group that should be overhauled and that's what we're doing - ultimately I do not have high hopes for the line especially in the beginning of the year.

However as you've mentioned a million times, Wilson will assist with the small holes that our team does have and that is why we are confident going into this year. I actually like the Dolphins and have been rooting for you guys to do something in your division for the last few years. I like how you've approached this offseason and think you have potential going forward (if Tannehill ever improves, hopefully Gase can help with that). However, you are not a match for our team this year and especially not in game one at Seattle. I anticipate winning by double digits.

Ive watched that video more than once, and if you come away with that thinking anything other than they won the player on a gamble I've got some swampland in florida to sell you..

in fact in the video they tell you it was a gamble, I mean they didn't even move up for the guy even when there were teams that needed qbs were in front of..

the man needed convincing, he was not convicted enough to drop the recourses that the player deserved..

let me ask you this Archer, you think any gm, knowing what they know now about Russell Wilson, would of ever waited til the mid third round to get that?

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Laloosh":1l008xbp said:
Djphinfan":1l008xbp said:
1}Duly noted..

6} duly noted.

I'm not sure where to start; You're emphasizing the loss of two receivers that didn't even play for Seattle in 2015, a DT that was replaced by a 1st round talent, a RB that was out performed by his replacement in 2015 and then an injured Graham.

See where I'm going with this?

Not to mention the #4 offense in the league without any of the players that you mentioned on that side of the ball playing any significant snaps in 2015 aside from Graham who's loss didn't prevent an offensive explosion in the 2nd half of the season.

Qualifying my statement about Lynch being out performed:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=118632
that we must contain your qb, because your defense will keep us in check, and I'm not worried about your skill players outside of Lockett nor your oline.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Maulbert":26je29xk said:
Djphinfan":26je29xk said:
Maulbert":26je29xk said:
Djphinfan":26je29xk said:
1}Duly noted..

6} duly noted.

But when we counter your arguments with hard data, you simply respond "that's not the way I see it." You're countering facts with opinions.
the only discrepancy I see happening is that I think your qb is responsible for more than you think offensively, and some take that personally thinking I'm insulting the rest of your skill players

Laloosh

Reaction score
ups-worker-goes-full-ace-ventura-on-peoples-holiday-packages-chucks-them-all-out-of-his-truck-with-total-disregard_1.jpg

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hey Dolphin fan you do know that if Tannehill had dropped to us we would have taken him but your team beat us to the punch. John and Pete wanted him big time. Funny how things work out.

2_0_6

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3sbv5hu5 said:
Hey Dolphin fan you do know that if Tannehill had dropped to us we would have taken him but your team beat us to the punch. John and Pete wanted him big time. Funny how things work out.

Dagger.

U04fOar

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":a186s8be said:
I'm not sure what your point is as it pertains to wilson?

I thought our front office made a mistake not drafting wilson..

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Djphinfan":10ixf9bp said:
MizzouHawkGal":10ixf9bp said:

First off.. kudos for you knowing Wilson was going to be great. Understand that not all Seahawks fans here are Wilson followers and many were upset Flynn didnt get what they thought was a fair shot. Those guys will ultimately argue the system was what made Wilson.

Secondly, Wilson's skillset isnt valued in the NFL even despite his success. This past draft is exhibit A in which the two young qb most compared to Wilson go undrafted. This in a year with many teams needing franchise qb and few big name prospects going into the draft. It shows that GMs and owners think alike AND despite Wilson's success he would have still been a midrounder as all pegged him to be. Our FO played it's cards perfectly but it also took much luck to get all the talent it did in 2012.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hey djphinfan, I don't speak for anyone here at .net, but I think you're doing a good job talking football. Some people on here just like to debate for the sake of debating. You've come here with the right intentions, so for that you've got my respect.

The only reason I'm confident going into this week 1 game (health depending) is because it's at home. The Miami to Seattle trip and vise versa is the longest in the nfl I believe. If this game was down in Miami, I think you guys would edge us out.

Let's face it here folks. I know a lot of us think our team is the greatest ever, heck even I'm confident we can win the superbowl, coming from a huge pesimest. But our o line is a huge question mark. Another work in progress. Suh and Williams and that entire front seven can keep wilson in check if they follow the Rams blueprint. This looks like it'll be a defensive, field goal kicking contest IF they can contain wilson. I have a hard time seeing our running game getting much against their front seven

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3ur7kst8 said:
Djphinfan":3ur7kst8 said:
MizzouHawkGal":3ur7kst8 said:

First off.. kudos for you knowing Wilson was going to be great. Understand that not all Seahawks fans here are Wilson followers and many were upset Flynn didnt get what they thought was a fair shot. Those guys will ultimately argue the system was what made Wilson.

Secondly, Wilson's skillset isnt valued in the NFL even despite his success. This past draft is exhibit A in which the two young qb most compared to Wilson go undrafted. This in a year with many teams needing franchise qb and few big name prospects going into the draft. It shows that GMs and owners think alike AND despite Wilson's success he would have still been a midrounder as all pegged him to be. Our FO played it's cards perfectly but it also took much luck to get all the talent it did in 2012.
you mean there are sea hawk fans who took the side that he was a product of the system, marshawn lynch, wasn't a true pocket passer and the theory that with that defense most qbs would succeed?

I know that narrative very well, Ive defended and debated from the beginning on my own site to no end {who have called me a closet sea hawk fan, and russell wilson nut hugger} that Wilsons success was not predicated on Lynch, the system or the defense, and was proven right incrementally as the evidence came in that even a novice would understand..Pocket stats, lynch going down, wilson ascending to unprecedented levels of play for a player his age, etc.

The reason why I was so high on Wilson was because of what he can do from a skill set perpsective..Wilson creates offense, doesn't need outside variables to determine his worth or success... its like what I'm hearing here, stuff like that it doesn't matter who plays, the replacement swill be great kind of thing.. see I think thats the wilson affect, not a front office affect, not that your front office isn't good, because it is, but more of fans undervaluing the wilson affect..interesting that hawk fans went thru that same denial.

Check this out..So I studied all the qbs and thought that even though there were some off the field issues, Trevone Boykin was being shut out of the league and that that dude could play the game, and I took the stance that we should draft him in the later rounds..this is what I wrote predraft, first wrote this next paragraph then couple weeks later followed up.

'' I like Trevone boykin, that dude can play the position, he's small no doubt, but he's got that special sensory and talent to make plays consistently, but he can also operate that system to a tee as well, with a very strong arm{which I was surprised}, good solid mechanics with his footwork, and a nice strong base from which to throw, he's got a bit of a hitch on the backend of his delivery, but his release from there is quick, seems accurate but that system gets folks open, gotta keep looking to see if that talent is transferrable to a system like wilson is in.''

'''I know from mentioning weeks ago with no responses that no'one seems to be interested in Trevone Boykin, maybe because of the arrest, but I sure am interested in the player if the other stuff checks out, there is no'one in this draft with the playmaking ability at the position then boykin, no'one, at first glance he looks smallish, and he is by nfl standards, but he's a solid 6 feet tall, and he has a very strong right arm, very strong..He has accuracy in him so the way I look at it is this, I could win with this dude because of how much I can do with that right arm and how much he's gonna give me from a playmaking standpoint..

''One of the reasons why I wanted to draft Tyrod taylor the year he came out was because I saw a more accurate mike vick, with almost the same escapability talent..well, here we are again with Boykin, he's got the elite scrambling gene, its easy for him like russell wilson easy to make plays improv style, and he's got the strong right arm to worry the defense at all levels..''

''were talking late round draft pick so those are the times I can take a risk..his talent is worth that risk..''

''I watched the nightclub video..it was ugly, it started with a bunch of patrons and he just lost it and went in anger fighting mode...this dude is from the streets so..it happens..but it wasn't a gun incident, it was physical..''

so low and behold, you bastards took my guy again..lol...there wasn't one person that agreed with me on that take and let me tell you, our site is filled with working experts on the draft.

so you guys are in good hands..Wilson Training Boykin is unfair...

If tannehill fails this year, his last year to prove I might add, and Boykin flashes in preseason, I will be adamant on making a trade for him.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1267hhc7 said:
Hey djphinfan, I don't speak for anyone here at .net, but I think you're doing a good job talking football. Some people on here just like to debate for the sake of debating. You've come here with the right intentions, so for that you've got my respect.

The only reason I'm confident going into this week 1 game (health depending) is because it's at home. The Miami to Seattle trip and vise versa is the longest in the nfl I believe. If this game was down in Miami, I think you guys would edge us out.

Let's face it here folks. I know a lot of us think our team is the greatest ever, heck even I'm confident we can win the superbowl, coming from a huge pesimest. But our o line is a huge question mark. Another work in progress. Suh and Williams and that entire front seven can keep wilson in check if they follow the Rams blueprint. This looks like it'll be a defensive, field goal kicking contest IF they can contain wilson. I have a hard time seeing our running game getting much against their front seven
Appreciate that Bud..respect.

believe me, the other thing I'm obsessed with is the reality and impact of what makes a true home field advantage and why its the most underestimated part of sport.

you all have the venue to begin with, and that is a must, but as fans, you've taken it and ran with it..I watched a preseason game 2 years ago, and it was a blowout shutout, and no'one had left late 4th quarter., not only that, the stadium was on its feet trying to help the defense complete the shutout..coolest thing I've ever seen from a fan perspective since the orange bowl where we delayed the game for 15 mins because the opponent couldn't hear.

y'all are very lucky to have that place..its special..

what fascinates and frustrates me to no end is the inability of owners across the league that completely ignore the blueprint you have set, while they just build stadiums that are all about bells and whistles and wifi and club seats with no understanding of how this 12th man thing gives an incredible competitive advantage to the team that does it right..

im so freakin jealous you have no idea, I've lobbied for decades since we went from the orange bowl to the morgue that is the building we lay in now..to build a venue to intimidate, and watch how it all works, monetarily and competitively.

NINEster

Reaction score
Djphinfan":2qmdb0n5 said:
Laloosh":2qmdb0n5 said:
Djphinfan":2qmdb0n5 said:
our corner situation is in dire straits no doubt, but if yall want to run against us, ill take that matchup, Jackson has lost two steps and ill take Rawls over lynch all day..

I think Niner fans said the same thing right before he put up 209 yards on them.
were not the niners..different players..better players.

This is why there will always be hatred around the league.

Just 2-3 years ago Niners would stomp on Dolphins, Skins, etc. Now these teams do a little well and they talk trash like their s*** don't stink.

Say what you want about SF, but they've been far from offseason FA champs for quite some time now. Post Harbaugh they got at least that one thing right compared to pre-Harbaugh.

I'm talking about Suh, Mario, all the big names.......such great promise, and huge let down.

Year after year after year. Only highlight on Miami calendar are home wins against the Patriots.

SF will be a real force in the league before Miami. Sad but true fact.

Even if it means 5-10 years.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
PHinfan, "
so low and behold, you bastards took my guy again..lol...there wasn't one person that agreed with me on that take and let me tell you, our site is filled with working experts on the draft.

so you guys are in good hands..Wilson Training Boykin is unfair..."

So.....who do you have for us to pick up next??? :mrgreen: :stirthepot:

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
NINEster":1vr57480 said:
Djphinfan":1vr57480 said:
Laloosh":1vr57480 said:
Djphinfan":1vr57480 said:
our corner situation is in dire straits no doubt, but if yall want to run against us, ill take that matchup, Jackson has lost two steps and ill take Rawls over lynch all day..

I think Niner fans said the same thing right before he put up 209 yards on them.
were not the niners..different players..better players.

This is why there will always be hatred around the league.

Just 2-3 years ago Niners would stomp on Dolphins, Skins, etc. Now these teams do a little well and they talk trash like their s*** don't stink.

Say what you want about SF, but they've been far from offseason FA champs for quite some time now. Post Harbaugh they got at least that one thing right compared to pre-Harbaugh.

I'm talking about Suh, Mario, all the big names.......such great promise, and huge let down.

Year after year after year. Only highlight on Miami calendar are home wins against the Patriots.

SF will be a real force in the league before Miami. Sad but true fact.

Even if it means 5-10 years.
not sure where you going with this..

nothing you said is fact even though you state that it is..

how soon you forget what Mashawn beast mode lynch did for the mentality of your team and how it affected your opponents.

some rookie free agent comes in while wilson is lighting up the league at unprecedented levels and its short memory complex taking over..

mario williams has not let us down yet, we just signed him this offseason after letting olivier vernon go to get a huge payday from the giants.

not sure what this is all about but ok.

''SF will be a real force in the league before Miami. Sad but true fact.

Even if it means 5-10 years''

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Djphinfan":3lg0qq6a said:
no sir, Ajayi was a rookie last year so you weren't able to taste him...heres a little taste though if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AmEEYH9szs

he's 218 this year, which means he's light and quicker than normal....Kid can ball.

Wait a second, we are supposed to be afraid of a guy who racked up a total of 187 yards and 3.8 YPC last year? I know he wasn't your primary back, but Rawls got more than that in one game and was just 19 yards shy of exceeding that in a second game.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
bigskydoc":16wtiqqs said:
Djphinfan":16wtiqqs said:
no sir, Ajayi was a rookie last year so you weren't able to taste him...heres a little taste though if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AmEEYH9szs

he's 218 this year, which means he's light and quicker than normal....Kid can ball.

Wait a second, we are supposed to be afraid of a guy who racked up a total of 187 yards and 3.8 YPC last year? I know he wasn't your primary back, but Rawls got more than that in one game and was just 19 yards shy of exceeding that in a second game.
no, but he's a talented back who was put on pup for the first 8 weeks with broken ribs....

we feel like our oline was the worst in the league, albert and James our starting tackles were out when Ajayi played and our starting guards were rated worst guard combo in the nfl by PFF..

plus, when he came back he was over 230 lbs..he's now at 218..he's ready, I'm pretty confident he will be a 1500 total yard back, players has good hands and gase doesn't like to substitute the position so you'll see him all three downs.

im not saying you should be scared, but this kid was highly rated in college, most grades had him as a solid late first 2nd round talent..the knee mystery is what dropped him, there were reports that there was bone on bone, but whatever it is does not affect his rrunning style one bit..