Seahawks vrs Dolphins..Week 1.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Djphinfan":2bz5cwzd said:
well, I would think they are both net losses..they were your two best olineman in a pretty subpar year no?

Okung signed a 1 year deal for 5 mill but contacted Seattle first to see if we wanted to match and was told no thanks. If that doesn't speak loud enough then consider if he signs a big contract after this year, Denver will get his comp pick.

So either they don't care about the comp pick or don't believe he will get that contract. Either way it was very clear they were ready to move on.

Sweezy got grossly over paid. Nothing more. Would have been nice to continue his development but not at his cost. Good run blocker. Nasty attitude, tough as nails but very poor pass protector.

Sweezy will be more difficult to replace but not enough so that you strap your cap to him.

Tical21

Reaction score
Djphinfan":1f3y67yi said:
well, I would think they are both net losses..they were your two best olineman in a pretty subpar year no?
It is a possibility, but I would bet against it. Okung was about a 6/10, Sweezy about a 4/10. It is pretty easy to see a scenario where Gilliam, who was playing very well at RT by the end of last season but is more suited for speed rushers at LT, and our first round pick Ifedi, a monster playing guard, outplay Okung and Sweezy by a large margin. Sweezy has some fans here because of some highlight run blocks, but he may have had more double negative plays than any other guard in football.

What's the early line for this game going to be? Double digits, right?

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Djphinfan":14ml9qrg said:
chris98251":14ml9qrg said:
Rawls reminds me of Curt Warner, physical with a nice burst and ability to make that crab lateral cut. He may be ready for the regular season to play, I don't expect him to be 100 percent for another 6 months or so after, he will get that ankle taped up a lot to support it I am thinking which may limit his cuts a bit. Takes about 6 to 8 months to rebuild strength in the ligaments and tendons once you tear and damage them with normal use. We will see, the good thing is he won't be asked to be the only one carrying the load so he will get breathers.

Ajayi, we seen him and ate him up if I remember correctly.
no sir, Ajayi was a rookie last year so you weren't able to taste him...heres a little taste though if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AmEEYH9szs

he's 218 this year, which means he's light and quicker than normal....Kid can ball.

Jay Ajayi had only 187 yards with a paltry 3.8 YPC last year. That doesn't suggest a star in any sense. Thomas Rawls had more yards in just 1 game against the 49ers = 209 yards.

I like Seattle's RB situation infinity more than I do the Dolphins. Rawls is much more of a proven commodity than Ajayi.

Seattle has proven to be an effective running team regardless of who's lining up in the backfield.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Sweezy whiffed a lot in the run game too. So glad he is gone.

Cable loved to talk him up, but his praise was way over the top.

Didn't bother keeping him, he was overpaid and even if on the cheap not worth it. Experiment finally over.

NINEster

Reaction score
Largent80":2t96tazc said:
Let me take care of all these pages/posts.

The Seahawks are going to kick their asses.

Adam Gase is still pissed about SB 48.

That alone will prevent any kind of laziness on Miami's part.

Suh has never lost to Wilson.

Should be an interesting game.

2_0_6

Reaction score
NINEster":3mf8li0g said:
Largent80":3mf8li0g said:
Let me take care of all these pages/posts.

The Seahawks are going to kick their asses.

Adam Gase is still pissed about SB 48.

That alone will prevent any kind of laziness on Miami's part.

Suh has never lost to Wilson.

Should be an interesting game.

Can Suh play QB, WR, RB, and CB?

If so, then ya I guess he's worth that money.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Suh has never lost to Wilson? That is one of the more laughable points you could possibly make.

They've played 1 game against each other... in 2012 in which Suh recorded 2 tackles. No TFL, sacks or anything of note.