Seahawks Waive 2 Re-sign LJP

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
One solid move (bringing back LJP) and one move that could pay off in the long run as a underrated move (Travian Robertson).

The interior O-line was in need of help and getting a "healthy" (hopefully) LJP back to man the middle after a week or two of catch up will be huge. There is no telling if Unger comes back this year (healthy) and having Lewis and LJP vying for playing time will be huge as opposed to just going with Lewis and hoping for the best.

The one move I'm interested in long term is Travian Robertson. I have read some boards and watched a bit of tape on the guy and he seems like someone who has the passion, but needed some time to develop his strength and skills on the practice squad (which he did with Atlanta the last two+ years, hence why so many fans were a bit upset he got picked up). I think the guy could really challenge for a backup roll on the team the rest of this season, since they don't really have anyone to seriously push for reps at the 1-tech now that Mebane is gone and Hill and Williams are the only real options and Williams is not a real option, since he was never a 1-tech.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm very happy about this re-signing. Lem when healthy is a good solid reserve interior OLineman and a very good #2 OC.

He's good enough to replace Unger w/o there being a big dropoff in ability. Now he just has to get back into game shape if he hasn't been working out, if he's in shape I can see the team starting him ahead of Lewis.

I suspect the team will re-sign both Steven Terrell and Andrew McDonald to the PS if they clear waivers.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":285dbdor said:
BlueBlood":285dbdor said:
Now I want them to sign Michael Robinson. Things would surely go up from here.

:sarcasm_off:

Yes a guy who has not played in almost a year would be great.

Hes on record as saying hes working out everyday and is ready to strap up.

Youre not a professional athlete, stop acting like you know better than he does. Just a thought.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Lem when in proper game shape is possibly a better center than Max in terms of blocking/snapping.

Even Brown wasn't terrible at this.

Where Max is so essential is how he makes the line calls and the proper reads. Especially with such a young line surrounding him. I would assume though that Lem is at least better at this than a 4th stringer that has only been on the team for a few weeks.

HawkWow

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2xch8sf1 said:
There were times last year when Lemuel looked like a better Center than Unger. This is great news!

I was going to say exactly this.

I have no idea when it comes to comparing their line calls, but LJP is a baller and Russ' familiarity with him alone will surely be huge. I'm so looking forward to knocking the Cards down a notch. And then another later on.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Nice. He's the only big man I've ever seen that has 6 pack. It's unreal how a man that big doesn't have a belly.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Best news of the day if anyone actually followed LJP last year, he was nothing but solid in place of Unger.

We could have a chance, maybe just maybe.

It will be up to LJP to find some sort of similarity of what Unger provides, I still believe Marshawn and Russell could each average 80-90 yards each with quality center play.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkFan72":8e177ulp said:
There were times last year when Lemuel looked like a better Center than Unger. This is great news!

This is actually a true statement.

Although Unger has looked his old self this year, last year was definitely not his best.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I've seen Lem and talked with him a few times (at my sons High School football games) since he was released by the Hawks. I had asked him how he was (if his neck is fine) and he said yes and was staying in shape hoping for another opportunity. Of course, I was telling him I wanted him back with the Hawks. But, he was more all business and said he would play for anyone willing to sign him. (of course) He's got a lot of fans in this area and I told him I would be rooting for him no matter where he signed. But, I'm really glad it's with the Hawks again. They need him.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This could be the shot in the arm the team needs.... I sure hope so. Welcome back, LJP!

OrFan

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3iu5i334 said:
This could be the shot in the arm the team needs.... I sure hope so. Welcome back, LJP!

Careful saying stuff like this while the drug people are searching teams looking for anything they can make into a story! ;)

So glad he is back. Finding replacement o-line guys mid season is almost impossible. Finding one that already knows the playbook and is familiar with the qb? Priceless!

People bad mouth our front office and say they are sneaky, etc. If this were the truth, why would players come back here so quickly when given the chance? O-linemen are like gold during the regular season, a decent one can pretty much ask for whatever they want from a number of teams.

olyfan63

Reaction score
If AZ or SF were really smart, they would have signed LJP to keep us from getting him back.
Or secretly bribed some out-of-conference team to sign him. Thankfully, we acted before someone could think of and execute that bit of skullduggery.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1j20fa1v said:
TorontoHawk":1j20fa1v said:
BlueBlood":1j20fa1v said:
Now I want them to sign Michael Robinson. Things would surely go up from here.

:sarcasm_off:

Yes a guy who has not played in almost a year would be great.

Hes on record as saying hes working out everyday and is ready to strap up.

Youre not a professional athlete, stop acting like you know better than he does. Just a thought.

Has he taken a hit? Little different than being in shape and in football shape. Look at any player coming back from a long time off from injury takes weeks to get back to normal.

jblaze

Reaction score
Tom Cable said today that Lewis will start and LJP will back him up.

Bummer, I thought he'd start this weekend. Cable did say Lewis played very well, knew his assignments, took care of the snap. Didn't mention actual blocking so who knows...