Seahawks Waive 2 Re-sign LJP

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
jblaze":m0vnv6rj said:
Tom Cable said today that Lewis will start and LJP will back him up.

Bummer, I thought he'd start this weekend. Cable did say Lewis played very well, knew his assignments, took care of the snap. Didn't mention actual blocking so who knows...

Fire Cable! Buzzkilling bastard.

dunceface

Reaction score
jblaze":u0x4d8tu said:

Bummer, I thought he'd start this weekend. Cable did say Lewis played very well, knew his assignments, took care of the snap. Didn't mention actual blocking so who knows...

Welp I WAS excited

Hopefully he gets in there once he gets up to game speed

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
jblaze":lc95pyym said:

It's not surprising, LJP hasn't even had a single practice with the team yet. It's very unlikely he'd have been named the starter before they even see him practice. Friday the story may change, but it wouldn't surprise me if it took LJP a week or so to get back into full swing. Look at how rusty Smith was this week and he was off a lot less time than LJP.

I still like the signing though, because even if he doesn't start right away, what happens if Lewis gets hurt? We are so thin at that position, we had to get someone ready to go to at least be a back up.

I would be surprised if LJP isn't starting by Thanksgiving though.

dunceface

Reaction score
kidhawk":2ryy3aop said:
jblaze":2ryy3aop said:

It's not surprising, LJP hasn't even had a single practice with the team yet. It's very unlikely he'd have been named the starter before they even see him practice. Friday the story may change, but it wouldn't surprise me if it took LJP a week or so to get back into full swing. Look at how rusty Smith was this week and he was off a lot less time than LJP.

I still like the signing though, because even if he doesn't start right away, what happens if Lewis gets hurt? We are so thin at that position, we had to get someone ready to go to at least be a back up.

I would be surprised if LJP isn't starting by Thanksgiving though.

This +1