Seahawks who aren't in the NFL HOF but should be

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Jacob Green ought to be in the discussion too. Sacks weren't even an official stat until his third season, so he has 18.5 unofficial sacks on his record. Despite having played in an era when running was more important and passing less important, Green racked up as many sacks (including the unofficial ones) as Von Miller has so far in his 11-season career.

Green is one of my all-time favorite Seahawks, and one that really does deserve HoF consideration. An example of an all-time fave who isn't even close to the HoF is Zorn, my first childhood sports hero. I wore a Zorn throwback jersey when I went to my first Seahawks home game in 2019 (I had been to Seahawks games in Foxborough in 1984 and 1986), and I sat below the sign representing Jacob Green as a member of the Seahawks Ring of Honor. Just as I noticed the Green sign, it got awfully dusty in what was then CenturyLink Field.

Last edited:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I too loved Jacob Green and was always one of my all-time favorites.

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Jacob Green ought to be in the discussion too. Sacks weren't even an official stat until his third season, so he has 18.5 unofficial sacks on his record. Despite having played in an era when running was more important and passing less important, Green racked up as many sacks (including the unofficial ones) as Von Miller has so far in his 11-season career.

Green is one of my all-time favorite Seahawks, and one that really does deserve HoF consideration. An example of an all-time fave who isn't even close to the HoF is Zorn, my first childhood sports hero. I wore a Zorn throwback jersey when I went to my first Seahawks home game in 2019 (I had been to Seahawks games in Foxborough in 1984 and 1986), and I sat below the sign representing Jacob Green as a member of the Seahawks Ring of Honor. Just as I noticed the Green sign, it got awfully dusty in what was then CenturyLink Field.
Agreed. I had thought he was already in. He definitely should be.

Hotchy

Reaction score
John L Williams
Mack Strong
Eugene Robinson
Jacob Green
Earl Thomas
Richard Sherman
Kam Chancellor
Chad Brown
Bobby Wagner
Shaun Alexander
Ricky Watters
Marshawn Lynch

sdog1981

Reaction score
And they both were two of the very best ....especially John L when you add his pass catching and running. Strong was like another lineman, with a name that fit his game
John L is still 11th all-time in running back receptions.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Dave Brown and Jacob Green are the first 2 that come to mind. John L Williams should be considered as well.

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
How about Norm Johnson who at one time held the Seahawks point scoring record. Moved to the Falcons and did the same there.

Has any other player set that record at two teams?

Latest posts