GLio14

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3u277n6d said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/974372189636980736[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/974371518514909184[/tweet]

Can you imagine...

drrew

Reaction score
Nelson got $15m over two with $13m guaranteed. I would have like him here, but not at those numbers.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Would it not be sweet justice to have Crabtree on the roster and have him clinch the nfc title game with a td over sherm

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
flmmkrz":1kzbq0c0 said:
Would it not be sweet justice to have Crabtree on the roster and have him clinch the nfc title game with a td over sherm

For Crabtree it would be dubbed, "The Redo".

chris98251

Reaction score
I could see him tell Sherman your Mediocre :)

But I don't want him, not in our offense and with his mentality.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
flmmkrz":2w45unvk said:
I don't think either team makes the NFCCG, but yeah it would be. :mrgreen:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
PackerNation":idcw862e said:
12forlife":idcw862e said:
Pass on Jordy. Simply because he isn't the same player he was. Why did the Packers let him go? I mean if he was still the WR he was 3-4 seasons ago, He was more productive then Graham was for us, plus at least Jordy was an effective blocker. Jordy is washed up. Isn't this what we are trying to get away from. We already have Dougy to mentor our young WR's. Not sure were we are headed in the draft, sure it depends over the next week or so who we land in FA. I would rather pass on Jordy, and see if we can pull off a trade for Martavius Bryant!! We Desperatly need a BIG redzone target. I also hope we get aggressive after ASJ.

Jordy Nelson is 33 years old and 2 years ago he tore his ACL. Last year, he was Comeback Player of the Year. He started off 2017 pretty well scoring 5 TD's in 4 games and was on pace to score 20 TD's for the entire season. Once Rodgers went down, our entire team, including Nelson went into the trash.

Jordy has lost a step and is not the same WR he was. He used to be a vertical threat and an explosive playmaker who could get a lot of yardage on deep throws. Instead, now he is the perfect possession WR more in the mold of your legendary Steve Largent. Jordy is also an excellent Red Zone weapon and especially gifted at getting open after the routes are run and the QB is looking for a target. He still has excellent burst, hands and can beat most CB's on post routes.

Why did we cut him? Money. He was slated to make around $10 million a year and we are deep at WR but have a lot of other needs, like TE and DL and CB, so we are using the Jordy Nelson $$$ on other areas while still maintaining a decent WR corp. It was an unfortunate necessity. We need the cash to spend in very depleted areas of the team.

The last thing in the world we want to see is Jordy lined up against our defense. It hurts to watch him go because he was class on and off the field. He also loves WI and Green Bay and his kid(s) love the school they are in and the friends/neighbors, etc. Good community and he is a big part of it.

He would be a perfect fit in Seattle for 1-2 years then he will have to retire, is my guess. But I would not write him off and if you do acquire him, be happy, he and Russell will have a lot of success together.

Good luck but I really hope he goes to Oakland. Far away from the NFC.
That comparision is wrong but I understand why you would use it.
A guy who lost a step or two and who you think 1-2 years left is not
worth the Hawks trouble at the money he got.