Seattle is going to win the Super Bowl this year

Seafan

Reaction score
If you look at the various Hawk rosters there are 48 players who are 26 and younger. The talent is spread over the roster. It's great to be in the playoffs and exciting to see a run for the SB but this team has been rejuvenated in the last couple off seasons and I'm really excited about the future. For instance the OL, just a short time ago was considered a laughing stock now has legit competition at every position going into next year's camp. I don't know how PC and JS aren't in consideration for coach and executive of the year.

sutz

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":jwoc9ehz said:
I don't understand how/why we play the Panthers every year. Seems horribly unbalanced to me? Does every team in the NFL have a similar team out of division that they play almost every year? I hate that team. It's not fear of losing to them hate, but just a generic, I can't stand watching that team play hate and when we play them, I have to watch.
Well, I hear that the Panthers seem doomed to play the Seahawks every year. ;)

Schedules are determined by the formula.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":3g9dpa4z said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3g9dpa4z said:
OrangeGravy":3g9dpa4z said:
KitsapGuy":3g9dpa4z said:
Looks like it will be the Eagles away and the Vikings at home.

Here’s the list of opponents Seattle will face in the 2019 regular season:

Home Games
Arizona Cardinals
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers
Cincinnati Bengals
Baltimore Ravens
Minnesota Vikings
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Away Games
Arizona Cardinals
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cleveland Browns
Philadelphia Eagles
Carolina Panthers
Atlanta Falcons

The Bengals are one of two teams the Seahawks have never beaten under Russell Wilson, and the only team Pete Carroll hasn’t beaten in his entire tenure as Seattle’s head coach. That Steelers game will ideally not end the way the previous two trips to Pittsburgh went, with the Seahawks getting shutout.

Of course, we cannot ignore the fact that the Seahawks are playing the Panthers for seemingly the millionth time. The 2011 and 2017 seasons will end up being the only ones this entire decade in which the Seahawks and Panthers did not play each other. In fact, they played in the regular season and postseason in 2014 and 2015.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/12/25/1 ... l-schedule

I don't understand how/why we play the Panthers every year. Seems horribly unbalanced to me? Does every team in the NFL have a similar team out of division that they play almost every year? I hate that team. It's not fear of losing to them hate, but just a generic, I can't stand watching that team play hate and when we play them, I have to watch.

Cam VS Russ is a good story line.

I suppose, but to me that type of manipulation of the schedule is a step to far in my opinion. If they were doing it for that reason, even that dilutes the integrity of fair competition the league is supposed to be about. The schedule should be a set rotation that can't be altered with the exception of game start times. Sounds like that rule is in place just to manipulate things. It wouldn't be quite so bad if we didn't almost always play them away it feels like.

The bigger question is why two years in a row in Carolina? This should be a Home Game for the Hawks.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
zchurch74":3jd97zod said:
Why are we not playing the AFC West again next year. I thought we switched homes games with them.

You only play a division from the other conference once every four years. They won't play the AFC West again until 2022.

KK84

Reaction score
For those asking about the schedule and why we play the Panthers every year, it's just luck, the schedule is determined by a set of rules, the NFL does not create match ups for story lines or anything crazy like that. The schedule is made up of the following:

6 games against your divisional opponents
4 games against an NFC division on a fixed rotation
4 games against an AFC division on a fixed rotation
2 games against the teams that finished the same position as your team in the 2 remaining divisions in your conference

So the reason we are playing the Panthers in 2019 is because we play the entire NFC South
This year was because we both finished 2nd in our divisions in 2017
2017 we did not play them
2016 because we played the entire NFC South.
2015 because we both finished 1st in our divisions in 2014
2014 because we both finished 1st in our divisions in 2013
2013 because we played the entire NFC South
2012 because we both finished 3rd in our divisions in 2011.

No conspiracies here, just bad luck

Latest posts