Seattle Kraken Hockey

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pmedic920":1cbafvb2 said:
Been trying to order a couple T-shirts.

The website is FUBAR.

2bc5ad9110ca98759c0b20d854317b11.jpg
I got on a few minutes ago. $40 for a t-shirt. Keep trying
I’ll wait for the regular merch to come out.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pmedic920":3e6q27z4 said:
Sports Hernia":3e6q27z4 said:
SoulfishHawk":3e6q27z4 said:
Hilarious, to each his/her own I guess. Kraken is a damn good name, and the logo and jersey's are sweet. Couldn't care less if people like it or not, I love it and we have Hockey. The fact that people get bent out of shape about the name of a team is so entertaining.
Go Kraken!
I think people will get over it quickly.
Kraken was very low on my list of names. I’m already over it. Like the jersey/sweater, logo, and color scheme with the 4 different blues and red as the secondary color. I want that blue jersey/sweater, just take my money already!

I’m a new hockey fan but I don’t know if I’ll get over calling a Jersey a sweater. :p

It’s a “thing”, and you have to get the lingo right.

“Sweater” it is Bro Tater.

Don’t be that guy.
LOL, I know. Just doesn’t sound right for my ears.
A sweater in my mind is some hideous thing grandma knitted you as a kid.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Rival fans are always going to make fun of any name or logo(even if they secretly like em), its inevitable.

Saw on Twitter, some senior writer who covers the Canucks, was gushing over how cool the name and uniforms are.... but his followers were just annihilating the name and uniforms. All is right in the world. :)

The rivalry is already starting!! :snack:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":vu0t4ok1 said:
What a long, overdue letdown. So gross. Do dumb. So not PNW.

I guess you have to try and disconnect from the Atlantic version of the lore, and just go with the version the team is going with?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 11.35.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 11.35.56 AM.png
    362.8 KB · Views: 278

pmedic920

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":37okju5j said:
pmedic920":37okju5j said:
Sports Hernia":37okju5j said:
SoulfishHawk":37okju5j said:
Hilarious, to each his/her own I guess. Kraken is a damn good name, and the logo and jersey's are sweet. Couldn't care less if people like it or not, I love it and we have Hockey. The fact that people get bent out of shape about the name of a team is so entertaining.
Go Kraken!
Kraken was very low on my list of names. I’m already over it. Like the jersey/sweater, logo, and color scheme with the 4 different blues and red as the secondary color. I want that blue jersey/sweater, just take my money already!

I’m a new hockey fan but I don’t know if I’ll get over calling a Jersey a sweater. :p

Don’t be that guy.

Want a new perspective?

Google “sweater puppies”.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point, Hernia. Nope, it's a jersey to me. And I knew very little about hockey. And I'm looking forward to learning the rules better (just not the basics) the players around the league etc. Fortunately I have a lot of friends who know the game so they can get me up to speed. I honestly didn't care what the name would be, like I said we have hockey in Seattle. That's truly what matters.
That being said, I'm sure they'll blast me if I don't use the lingo correctly, and I'm cool with that :irishdrinkers:

Chapow

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3erncqeq said:

Baby blue huh? Looks like a design/color scheme for a National Women's Soccer League team jersey. Oh well, I guess I could always get a Thunderbirds jersey if I wanted a cool hockey jersey.

Too bad, but whatever. At one point I was pretty excited for a Seattle NHL team. I've long since lost interest.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3cbi3ptv said:
pmedic920":3cbi3ptv said:
Sports Hernia":3cbi3ptv said:
SoulfishHawk":3cbi3ptv said:
Go Kraken!

Don’t be that guy.
Nobody calls a hockey jersey a sweater...its not 1921.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The best part for you guys is with how the new expansion rules are you will have an instant contender. Look at the Golden Knights for the example. I remember when San Jose Ottawa and TB got in the league they got mostly scraps and had to build their team in the draft but I think Bettman is afraid American cities would give up on a losing team quickly.

DrDix

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3jn784e8 said:
Sports Hernia":3jn784e8 said:
pmedic920":3jn784e8 said:
Sports Hernia":3jn784e8 said:

Don’t be that guy.
Nobody calls a hockey jersey a sweater...its not 1921.

Yeah I’m not really sure where this is coming from. I’m Canadian and of course I love hockey, a Canucks fan. All my life I’ve only ever called them a jersey, and heard them referred to that from people around me and in the media. You go to the biggest hockey forums, either HFBoards or Reddit and the vast majority of people will call them jerseys. It’s definitely not any kind of “lingo” or kind of “proper” way to call them sweaters, no one does that lol.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's a Jersey, that's what I'm gonna' call it. Nobody is gonna' tell me what to call it. I've never heard the term Sweater, but that sounds lame. We have a fricken NHL team and people are bickering over the name and the jerseys. Good luck with that.

Chapow

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3l7p4kr2 said:
Fair enough. Seems a little strange to not support a team because of a name, but whatever. Go Kracken

Being a Krakhead, cheering for the team in the NWSL jerseys with the baby blue pokemon looking character for a logo, in the krakhouse isn't very appealing. Fairly cringe inducing really.

Latest posts