Seattle Sounders 2015 Season Thread

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1gfeudnh said:
Sounders are looking really strong now. The Whitecaps have been dealt a severe message. Now the rest of the MLS needs to be given the same message.

I think the I read the average age of the Whitecap lineup last night was like 22?

Seems like they were content to just lose this match going in.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Seems like a good time to be playing Kansas city. Am I reading it wrong or does this game clash with the hawks? If so, who the hell planned that. I don't think the Sounders have ever clashed with the hawks before, at least in the regular season?

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":23o76yx5 said:
Seems like a good time to be playing Kansas city. Am I reading it wrong or does this game clash with the hawks? If so, who the hell planned that. I don't think the Sounders have ever clashed with the hawks before, at least in the regular season?

The match is at 2, but it is in Kansas.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Just mean clash on tv rather than at the stadium. I've never had to have two screens on to watch each teams games at the same time before.

Smurf

Reaction score
I know its opposite the hawks game so many people wont be watching....but a Sounders win today takes them to the top of the MLS table and into the point position for the Supporters Shield.

Glad I got side by side screens for situations just like today!

Smurf

Reaction score
Sounders went up 1-0 in the first half and then the foot came off the gas. KC tied it late. 2 points dropped, but still a big point all things considered.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They got a point on the road but a very disappointing finish. The Sounders should have crushed the SKC B team today. Very lackluster second half.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":2di0n8ez said:
Uncle Si":2di0n8ez said:
Smurf":2di0n8ez said:
2 points dropped

For both teams...

skc was never in that match. Two simple finishes that Dempsey failed to make were the deciding factor.

Two "simple" finishes at the end for SKC that were left begging as well... including one being taken literally off the line by a defender. not to mention the shot superiority, the fact your keeper needed to make 6 saves (not counting the aforementioned shot cleared off the line) to SKC's 2

But yeah... "never in the match"

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3ik0fkte said:
CurryStopstheRuns":3ik0fkte said:
Uncle Si":3ik0fkte said:
Smurf":3ik0fkte said:
2 points dropped

For both teams...

skc was never in that match. Two simple finishes that Dempsey failed to make were the deciding factor.

Two "simple" finishes at the end for SKC that were left begging as well... including one being taken literally off the line by a defender. not to mention the shot superiority, the fact your keeper needed to make 6 saves (not counting the aforementioned shot cleared off the line) to SKC's 2

But yeah... "never in the match"

"Your keeper"

I thought you were one of us....

I guess loyalty can be bought.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I work for the club... (sort of)

and I was right about it being 2 points dropped for both teams. So can your "loyalty" nonsense. My only real investment in the MLS is player development, and Sporting helps pay for me to do that. It was exciting to see the home grown players get a start together.

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2dxik08o said:

and I was right about it being 2 points dropped for both teams. So can your "loyalty" nonsense. My only real investment in the MLS is player development, and Sporting helps pay for me to do that. It was exciting to see the home grown players get a start together.

Ok.....Just checking...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":39ji7vw6 said:
Uncle Si":39ji7vw6 said:

Ok.....Just checking...

Just checking what?

The Sounders aren't my team. I hope that's clear. If I have a rooting interest it will be with Sporting. I've met most the coaches down there, many of the players and have 4-5 players in my program who may be with the homegrown academy as early as this Summer. I think their home environment is special.

So yes, "your" keeper had 6 saves. Sporting's had 2. The notion that Sporting was "never in the game" is nonsense.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
That was disappointing, given SKC's line up. We just seemed to be going through the motions second half. I can only really think of Pappa going through on goal in that half. We were lucky not to lose it at the end. Would have loved 3 points there given SKC's home record.

How many more points do we need for play offs?

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":2kucif2i said:
That was disappointing, given SKC's line up. We just seemed to be going through the motions second half. I can only really think of Pappa going through on goal in that half. We were lucky not to lose it at the end. Would have loved 3 points there given SKC's home record.

How many more points do we need for play offs?

I believe that the Sounders would have to completely fall on their faces to miss the playoffs at this point. Hell, they are now in the running for the Supporters Shield technically.