Seattle Sounders 2015 Season Thread

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":1f862kho said:
Uncle Si":1f862kho said:
CurryStopstheRuns":1f862kho said:
;) Thought that you would enjoy that one.

3 trophies in 4 years for the SKC!!

5 in 6 for Seattle Sounders FC.

Oh Smurf....What did you win this year?

are you counting that Cascade thing?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marshall has a sprained neck, Sigi said he expects him back at training next week.

Great news.

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2ndss945 said:
Smurf":2ndss945 said:
Uncle Si":2ndss945 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":2ndss945 said:
;) Thought that you would enjoy that one.

3 trophies in 4 years for the SKC!!

5 in 6 for Seattle Sounders FC.

Oh Smurf....What did you win this year?

are you counting that Cascade thing?

Your heart.

Naw, but the whole 3 in 4 years argument is legit.....and so is this:

2009 USOC
2010 USOC
2011 USOC
2014 USOC
2014 Supporters Shield.

5 in 6. Respect to both clubs (and LAG)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I'm not that easy.

Something missing from that list, no?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm no soccer expert, watch most timber games, a lot of sounders games, and that's about it. I really like watching Obafemi martins play. He reminds me if Barry sanders the way he just jitter bugs around.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SeatownJay":tac5cttv said:
L.A. looks head & shoulders above Seattle tonight.

Not in the 2nd half when the Sounders actually forced the issue..............and with Chad Marshall in the match that terrible LA goal never happens.

One thing I do know from watching the Galaxy play, not sure what they're paying Gerrard, but it's too much. Dude looks old and tired. And that's coming from a Liverpool fan, so it's not easy for me to say that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not sure if you guys heard that Ozzie's dad finally got to come to the US to visit and see Ozzie play for the first time in like 10 years.

You can see the pride on his face, just a great story.

Ozzie zpsqsvdftwb

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Fox Sports were really scathing of the turf last night, not the lines but the actual turf. I've never heard people on TV criticize it. They said it's all flattened now and that the ball is bouncing really weird on it when it didn't in the past. Also said it's really hard when you fall on it.

Smurf

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1oocp2ow said:
I'm no soccer expert, watch most timber games, a lot of sounders games, and that's about it. I really like watching Obafemi martins play. He reminds me if Barry sanders the way he just jitter bugs around.

In my opinion he is the best player in the league not named Sebastian Giovinco.

Keane may have been last years MVP, but there is not a player more important to their team than Oba.

Love watching him play. Best part about him is that he makes Deuce better. He can play off of Dempsey and feed him, he can play side by side and play 1-2's, or he can hold the high line and let Dempsey drop into the whole.

Smurf

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":1omaw4s1 said:
Fox Sports were really scathing of the turf last night, not the lines but the actual turf. I've never heard people on TV criticize it. They said it's all flattened now and that the ball is bouncing really weird on it when it didn't in the past. Also said it's really hard when you fall on it.

Our turf is crap. It is literally the worst field in the league. Its horrible, just awful. The only thing worse than having to play soccer on Turf, is having to play on bad, old, turf. I blame Mike Holmgren.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They are barely hanging on to the final playoff spot and it's now getting to the point of hoping that the Timbers and Quakes lose games because the Sounders are finding ways not to win games. A win today secures a playoff spot, what to the Sounders do? They settle for a draw.

Dempsey has had minimal impact in recent games. He has lost a step since his hamstring injury. I have gut feeling and it's getting stronger than this may be his last season with the Sounders. Especially now that they have picked up Ivanschitz and Valdez.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1gogg8y5 said:
They are barely hanging on to the final playoff spot and it's now getting to the point of hoping that the Timbers and Quakes lose games because the Sounders are finding ways not to win games. A win today secures a playoff spot, what to the Sounders do? They settle for a draw.

Dempsey has had minimal impact in recent games. He has lost a step since his hamstring injury. I have gut feeling and it's getting stronger than this may be his last season with the Sounders. Especially now that they have picked up Ivanschitz and Valdez.

I think he's been a bit of a bust given the salary he's making and the expectations. I feel Oba has made him better than he is. His better performances seem to have been for the USMNT which even lately haven't been great. Wouldn't mind trading him to dump his salary and do all we can to sign up Jordan Morris. Then invest Dempseys salary on defense with Scott getting closer to retirement and Marshall walking a concussion/health tightrope. We could probably get two decent defenders in this league for what Dempsey makes.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":2tvtxhau said:
hawkfan68":2tvtxhau said:

I think he's been a bit of a bust given the salary he's making and the expectations. I feel Oba has made him better than he is. His better performances seem to have been for the USMNT which even lately haven't been great. Wouldn't mind trading him to dump his salary and do all we can to sign up Jordan Morris. Then invest Dempseys salary on defense with Scott getting closer to retirement and Marshall walking a concussion/health tightrope. We could probably get two decent defenders in this league for what Dempsey makes.

I wouldn't call Dempsey a bust, he and Oba work REALLY well together and he still changes the way teams defend us.

I will say he's too old to be going back and forth with USMNT duty. Dempsey was on fire until the USMNT matches started up again, then he got hurt and tired going back and forth through the summer.

RSL is out of the playoffs, so I don't imagine they're going to put up much of the fight. So if we lose or draw our last match and miss the playoffs, we have no one to blame but ourselves.