Seattle Sounders 2016 season thread

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Once again SIgi is the master of dumb substitutions. Putting Kovar for Gomez left me scratching my head. Joevin Jones is awful...

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Our depth sucks, especially in midfield- What does Roldan, Kovar bring to the team? Not much.

Friberg is mediocre at best.

Brad Evans should not be a starting CB. He's okay at filling in but gets abused there constantly. I'd probably play Zach Scott there for now despite him being old and slow until Torres is back.

Mears has been off form for a while and that's concerning.

It's bad enough when we have to deal with questionable tactics and subs but once the starters get hurt or lose form and we have to rely on depth the problems pile on.

I feel we are paying the price of keeping Sigi on. I'd say about 70% were happy to see him move on last year and that was with OBa. Things just seem...stale.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I guess this match confirms that with Dempsey we're below average, and without him we're the Cleveland Browns of the MLS.

Not even a DP mid is going to fix this dumpster fire, there's gaping holes everywhere. Back line is garbage, midfield is a mess and no one can create up top.

But hey, we made 2M net on selling Oba!

knownone

Reaction score
Very doom and gloom around here lately. I'm not entirely sure what game everyone else is watching, but I'm not at all worried about this team.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
knownone":jcfrok3w said:
Very doom and gloom around here lately. I'm not entirely sure what game everyone else is watching, but I'm not at all worried about this team.

2 wins over 7 games while scoring 7 goals may have a bit to do with it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
knownone":2p6jwrqw said:

7 points in 7 matches gives you a lot to be hopeful about does it?

Smurf

Reaction score
knownone":1sg2ktah said:

If we were playing Sounders football and losing I wouldn't be worried....but we aren't. Nothing about this is exciting. Nothing is making me stand out of my seat. Nothing is enjoyable about this. This isn't sounders football, this is not how we play. This is not acceptable.

We are Man United with 1/30th the talent.

And thats to say, Boring losers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Smurf":pv279pry said:
knownone":pv279pry said:

If we were playing Sounders football and losing I wouldn't be worried....but we aren't. Nothing about this is exciting. Nothing is making me stand out of my seat. Nothing is enjoyable about this. This isn't sounders football, this is not how we play. This is not acceptable.

Even the Colorado manager said after five minutes into the match he said the Sounders didn't look like the Sounders. If that's not a complete indictment of what's going on right now with this club, I don't know what is.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1yz6s8x8 said:
knownone":1yz6s8x8 said:

7 points in 7 matches gives you a lot to be hopeful about does it?

To be fair, before Saturday night, it was 2 wins and 1 draw for 7 points in the last 3 matches. Seemed like a step in the right direction after opening the season with 3 consecutive losses.

As bad as Saturday nights game was, I gotta say, I was actually quite optimistic at our chances for a result after Morris scored to make it 1-2. Just kinda felt like we had a bit of momentum after that. Frei's PK save had me jumping out of my seat.

I dunno, it just doesn't seem quite as hopelessly terrible as some of guys are making it out to be IMO and I think that's what knowone was saying.

*braces for inevitable thrashing for suggesting we might not be worst team in the history of sports* :242735:

knownone

Reaction score
Smurf":3hezwk0a said:
knownone":3hezwk0a said:

This is nothing compared to the red card wedding, we had like 2 goals in 9 games... this is paradise compared to that.

It's hard to judge this team right now. Friberg showed he has the vision to pick out passes from the midfield, which I think will open this attack up considerably (assuming our DPs and Ivan are healthy).

Given the circumstances of the season thus far, I think it's a tad bit early to start the doom and gloom conversation and god forbid the "sigiout" right now. If we look like this when June rolls around, I'm with you, until then let's endure the boredom.

Smurf

Reaction score
First half was not great. Came alive in the second half.

Scott and Roldan played great games.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Smurf":3terb15v said:
First half was not great. Came alive in the second half.

Scott and Roldan played great games.
:34853_doh:

Agreed about the tale of two halves. They had Columbus on their heels in the second half. Surprised that that they weren't able to get any more goals.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Roldan is playing a lot better...Kovar and Joevin Jones not so much. Jones forgot how to play defense, left his side open all match. Columbus had a few chances but the Sounders were lucky that Ethan Finley is inept. There was one play where he should have passed to Kamara for an easy goal but didn't.

Smurf

Reaction score
hawkfan68":36was4n6 said:
Is this Sounders' roster accurate - http://us.soccerway.com/teams/united-states/seattle-sounders-fc/13024/

It shows guys like Farfan and Sturgis on the team but I don't recall them being in any matches to this point. You'd think with how much they have struggled in the midfield that they would get a chance to play.

100% accurate roster.

Neither have been on the field for the first team. Both have made the 18 though...and both have played for S2

I don't think they would fix our issues.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Smurf":136wd10c said:
hawkfan68":136wd10c said:
Is this Sounders' roster accurate - http://us.soccerway.com/teams/united-states/seattle-sounders-fc/13024/

It shows guys like Farfan and Sturgis on the team but I don't recall them being in any matches to this point. You'd think with how much they have struggled in the midfield that they would get a chance to play.

100% accurate roster.

Neither have been on the field for the first team. Both have made the 18 though...and both have played for S2

I don't think they would fix our issues.

Thanks Smurf. I agree I don't believe that Sturgis or Farfan would be a solution to the issues. They seemed like experienced players so that was where I was coming from regarding playing. I think Sturgis played for Houston Dynamo.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1pvq4ek8 said:
Heading up to watch my first ever soccer game... Wish me luck! I will have no clue what's going on, but there will be beer.

Hope you had a great time. Good game to go to. The Sounders played their best game of the season so far. Nice solid win. Morris scored again...he's on a scoring streak 4 goals in the last 4 games.

Latest posts