Seattle Times blog post that gets me a bit of the tracks

Happypuppy

Reaction score
In today's Seattle Time Seahawks was a blog post written By Michael Ko that I found more than annoying....alright very angry. It was the Ritchie incognito story and was largely nothing new or that informative

What got to me was the opening paragraph:

"Fans of the Seahawks surely remember the foggy, chilly Sunday night last December, during the team’s stirring end-of-the-season run. Kam Chancellor locked his radar on 49ers tight end Vernon Davis and nearly decapitated him. The feeling at CenturyLink just after that hit was unmistakable. The crowd was frenzied, manic, boiling. In a word: bloodlust."

It is not true on so many levels.

He hit him in the ribs a great hit. It did not nearly decapitate him.

He implies that the CLink fans ( and by association Seahawks fans, NFL fans ) are some sort of blood crazed Maniacs.

This is so far from the truth it is laughable. No one like a hit that injures other players. It infers Kam was trying to more or less kill him hence the association with decapitation. Agree he was ? I think they they respect VD in fact he is a great player.

This is why fans have to have. SPD in
Clink during 49ers as we are frenzied maniacs..... The average reader if they read this will they attend a game? How do they view it? Is your boss a fan? No? Does he know you have season tickets and are a fan ? Don't be surprised when they look at you funny

Am I over reacting. Sure to make a point fans are passionate. I for one am not one of the people the writer describes. I consider myself pretty normal, jaut like most of you Hawks fans and take offense.

Mods: move to the Shack if better suited for my rant

justafan

Reaction score
I never read the article and I wouldnt use the term bloodlust but you cant deny that few things gets a crowd going like a huge hit.Its almost worth an early penalty to set the tone and get the crowd going.Im not talking about a headhunter cheap shot, I am talking about a clean shot that usually gets a flag anyway.
Hell the NFL made millions selling the biggest hits vids,one of the most popoular segments on ESPN MNF pregame was jacked up.
I would say an overwhelming majority of football fans love the big hit.

Atradees

Reaction score
Remember that pro wrestling maneuver they put on Baldwin? One guy held him up while the other crashed into him?

Thats where it comes from. The crowd roars for justice and retribution.

Proximo: "Listen to me. Learn from me. I was not the best because I killed quickly. I was the best because the crowd loved me. Win the crowd and you will win your freedom."

OP
OP
Happypuppy

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Well it felt good to let it out and not let my bloodlust over power myself ;)

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
It was bloodlust for me. I wasnt there as I was working or there would have been one more frenzied maniac there.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
Michael Ko is a piece of s#*t. I total hack trying to make a name for himself now for years. I chased him out of my backyard one night years ago when he was just starting out in the business. I caught him going through my garbage cans trying to find evidence of a sports scandal story that didn't / doesn't exist. I can't really elaborate because of a settlement but believe me when I say, he is a total idiot.

Cartire

Reaction score
FormerEvil":2lynp8m8 said:
Michael Ko is a piece of s#*t. I total hack trying to make a name for himself now for years. I chased him out of my backyard one night years ago when he was just starting out in the business. I caught him going through my garbage cans trying to find evidence of a sports scandal story that didn't / doesn't exist. I can't really elaborate because of a settlement but believe me when I say, he is a total idiot.

Wait....what?

Don't elaborate, bit maybe tell us who you are that makes you the target of a sports blogger.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
Cartire":1ib08ysb said:
FormerEvil":1ib08ysb said:

Wait....what?

Don't elaborate, bit maybe tell us who you are that makes you the target of a sports blogger.

I'm no one of any consequence. Just a long time lurker and rabid Hawk fan. :)

Cartire

Reaction score
FormerEvil":3gaczcca said:
Cartire":3gaczcca said:
FormerEvil":3gaczcca said:

Wait....what?

I'm no one of any consequence. Just a long time lurker and rabid Hawk fan. :)

No ones dug through my garbage for a story before, so I would say you're more of a someone then most.

AVL

Reaction score
Look how often people use the term "Running for his life" to try to hype a situation. It's embarrassing writers are so lazy.

Seafan

Reaction score
It was a great play that the refs screwed the team and the fans on. The fans were reacting to stopping the 9ers cold and hard and then getting screwed by the refs. It was a huge overreaction by the blogger. Kam couldn't have played that any more perfectly.

hawk45

Reaction score
Heck yeah bloodlust, if we didn't like big hits we'd be soccer fans.

Hawks46

Reaction score
First of all, who is Michael Ko ?

Secondly, if he's going to inject that much drama into writing about football, then maybe it would suit his sensitivity level to watch golf, or women's tennis. Then again, some of those women grunt very aggressively when they hit a ground stroke, so that might scare him.

That statement is patently ridiculous. That hit was PERFECT football. Kam didn't hit Davis in the head, dislodged the ball, and knocked Davis out of the game. No, I don't like to see people get hurt, but Davis was shaken up and didn't return, which is really what you end up wanting to do as a defensive player. Not injure anyone, but knock them out of the game.

Bloodlust my ass. Football is a collision sport. Deal with it or move on.

Latest posts