Seriously, what's with all the Dak Prescott love?

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Who cares? We'll find out in game 1 how Prescott is going to start his career. I don't put much stock into the preseason so the fact he's looked competent is great but essentially an incomplete grade. I see no point in arguing about this. The real QBs are the ones that can adjust once the regular season starts and defenses start to attack tendencies and weaknesses. Thanks to Romo's injury, we'll see how Dak does sooner rather than later.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Archer":3nqfup9r said:
Who cares? We'll find out in game 1 how Prescott is going to start his career. I don't put much stock into the preseason so the fact he's looked competent is great but essentially an incomplete grade. I see no point in arguing about this. The real QBs are the ones that can adjust once the regular season starts and defenses start to attack tendencies and weaknesses. Thanks to Romo's injury, we'll see how Dak does sooner rather than later.
He ain't ready, guaranteed. He doesn't have enough escapability to get away with not being able to read a complex NFL regular season defense. He does have the running game and offensive line to, however.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
It's the media hyping up Dallas. Ask yourself this. If this same scenario was happening with a team like the Dolphins, would it be getting as much attention? Imagine Tannehill gets hurt, and Dak comes in and lights up the preseason. Sure you'd hear his name, but not that much. Did Tyrod Taylor get much attention last year? No.

This is what the media does. The media loves the Cowboys, therefore any story gets blown out of proportion. The kid definitely deserves a lot of credit, but it's starting to be too much.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Big fan of his game, hope he turns into a star.

This league needs more quality QBs, and I think that may be where some of the hype comes from - the desire for more good qbs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":32aox5sm said:
It's the media hyping up Dallas. Ask yourself this. If this same scenario was happening with a team like the Dolphins, would it be getting as much attention? Imagine Tannehill gets hurt, and Dak comes in and lights up the preseason. Sure you'd hear his name, but not that much. Did Tyrod Taylor get much attention last year? No.

This is what the media does. The media loves the Cowboys, therefore any story gets blown out of proportion. The kid definitely deserves a lot of credit, but it's starting to be too much.

Definitely some Cowboy hype factor going on.

But give Prescott some love, dude's been amazing this pre-season, even though that's all it is, pre-season.

Herman Edwards said it best last week about Prescott, he said yes he's been Mr. August, but that's again plain vanilla defenses and schemes............so let's not anoint him the next coming of Montana just yet.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I liked Prescott very much coming out. Felt he was probably the next Wilson. Wanted us to take him with one of our 3rd round comp picks. Was an ideal roster mirror IMO.

I still expect him to struggle mightily as a rookie. Just as Russell did. But I see him being a very similar kind of prospect. Good accuracy and careful with the ball. Makes good decisions and seems to have 'it' in college.

Good athleticism. Really good comp to Wilson.

I doubt Dak will make the same kind of late season breakthrough that Wilson did before Romo returns. That's a great OL, but that team isn't great as a whole. They'll have to outscore opponents almost every week. That's a tall task for a rookie.

I like him. I can see him turning into a quality NFL starter. And he has talent around him to allow him to grow through the expected struggles. He's not seen a for real NFL defense -- and he's not seen NFL caliber coordinators game planning to remove the options that Prescott does well. He hasn't had to make the adjustments and win doing the things he's worst at.

His vanilla dress rehearsal though is every bit as good (really quite a bit better) than Wilson's rookie preseason. But it'll take time. What he does this year won't paint his career.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
What's not to love? Dak has shown accuracy, athleticism, poise and touch. He's having the best QB preseason since Russell Wilson lit up the Chiefs four years ago.

It's not hype; it's the tape. That isn't to say he'll come in and steamroll the league. His eventual greatness will depend on coaching, steady development and the team around him. That's true of all QBs, including Russell Wilson. If all those elements don't come together in Dallas, then Dak could flame out like many other promising QBs of the past. That said, this kid has the raw tools to a be a tremendous player. It's up to him and Garrett & Co. to not mess that up.

Russell Wilson's emergence was deservedly a national story four years ago. His eventual success also paved the way for fans to have hope in young rookies like Dak Prescott. It isn't a slight to Wilson to hype up Dak's preseason; if anything, people are paying tribute to what Russell accomplished in 2012. Do a search, and you will see Russell's name mentioned a whole lot when people talk about Dak's potential.

Seafan

Reaction score
Largent80":hk00fivi said:
He has an O-Line with 3 pro bowlers on it. Pretty easy to look good behind a stone wall in a practice game.

This.

I understand why Dallas fans are excited but it's too early to say he's going to be elite.

RGIII and Crapernick had the snob pundits predicting HOF status early.