Sherm and ET retiring as Seahawks (hopefully)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
OK, i’m Good with the guys who were too good in their minds to buy in here coming back and retiring here. It ain’t no big thing.

Too bad they couldn’t have just stayed and played.

Too me it sickens me seeing Sherman as a Digit, will suck seeing Thomas as a Raven, and it is sad Browner is in jail. Kam just needs to stay around, he’s money as a mentor and a coach.

Hyak

Reaction score
They were certainly great players for a wonderful era. Saying that, it was time for both to go. If you are not going to put the team first and focus on the now, not the past, adios.

In time, I'm sure they will mend fences but they had a big part in it falling apart over egos.

Largent80

Reaction score
Both of these guys put themselves over the team. What else needs to be said? I'm a fan, I put the team over myself. So in that regard I don't want to see these guys as immortal Seahawks. They were warriors, but in the end, they bailed on the Hawks.

quadsas

Reaction score
Largent80":8e534nds said:
Both of these guys put themselves over the team. What else needs to be said? I'm a fan, I put the team over myself. So in that regard I don't want to see these guys as immortal Seahawks. They were warriors, but in the end, they bailed on the Hawks.

Mindset wise you should put yourself over the team, but you gotta keep it to yourself. Can you imagine how much shit would Brady talk if he was as dumb as ET and Sherm were at those times? But yeah, in general I share exact same sentiment as yours

chris98251

Reaction score
It's a business, I guess they should remove Walter Jone's name from the Ring and Hall since he held out. If Earl had not flipped off the team in a moment of emotion then would we be reading this stuff? He came back and played with Risk for the team and lost his gamble, if he held out he would have got a contract somewhere.

quadsas

Reaction score
chris98251":1x6wpa4c said:
It's a business, I guess they should remove Walter Jone's name from the Ring and Hall since he held out. If Earl had not flipped off the team in a moment of emotion then would we be reading this stuff? He came back and played with Risk for the team and lost his gamble, if he held out he would have got a contract somewhere.

I don't think rational people dislike Kam for holding out. It sucked, but it wasn't unusual or vitriolic. ET came across way worse than just 'holding out'. And commending him for 'risking' is absolutely ludicrous. Its like telling your boss that youre risking being electrocuted to death when working on computer and youre doing him a favor by actually working.

chris98251

Reaction score
quadsas":3qoewuin said:
chris98251":3qoewuin said:

I don't think rational people dislike Kam for holding out. It sucked, but it wasn't unusual or vitriolic. ET came across way worse than just 'holding out'. And commending him for 'risking' is absolutely ludicrous. Its like telling your boss that youre risking being electrocuted to death when working on computer and youre doing him a favor by actually working.

Pounding a keyboard and taking poundings from 250 pound men or bigger is a bit different, but go back to your dangerous Keyboard.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SeaMeat":2tbaeck6 said:
In Sherm's defense, he was ran off. He didn't leave to chase money.
I don't think that's an accurate summation. The Seahawks didn't run him off; it just didn't make financial sense for us to keep him at the time, all things considered.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Well if Sherman & Thomas think what happened to them wouldn't have had they been on any other team, than that's their own ignorance.

quadsas

Reaction score
chris98251":3ut5jzjh said:
quadsas":3ut5jzjh said:
chris98251":3ut5jzjh said:

Pounding a keyboard and taking poundings from 250 pound men or bigger is a bit different, but go back to your dangerous Keyboard.

figured you wouldnt be able to comprehend what my very simple analogy meant.

Ruminator

Reaction score
chris98251":3umzsax1 said:
I would like to see all 4 of them in the ROH under a special placard LOB, Browner if he gets out of Jail, Earl, Sherm and Kam.

Intriguing idea. I like.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
They seem a very American thing, these traditions like rings of honour / shirt retirements and the like.

Personally they strike me as twee and self congratulatory.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":44dh9ll3 said:
They seem a very American thing, these traditions like rings of honour / shirt retirements and the like.

Personally they strike me as twee and self congratulatory.
Would you not want to be remembered for having accomplished something when you've passed?

Yes, Americans love their sports heroes. Does not the UK?

Largent80

Reaction score
These guys acted like the team didn't take care of them. When in fact they DID and did it for years.

I watched all of it, and I saw Earl buying lavish sports cars by the dozens while claiming he needed to take care of his family.

There is a line one must draw. Flip off the people that gave you those cars or seek someone else to give you more. Either way, it's a self entitlement in the players mind.

Nobody is forcing them to "give up their body" for anything. They chose to do so.

Sherman acted like a jerk for his last couple years in Seattle then tore his achilles. That isn't the teams fault but he spent a lot of time pointing fingers at coaches. The same coaches that try to put the players in the best position possible to succeed. Nobody is perfect and neither is Sherman.

These guys HELPED provide us with our only trophy but there is a roster full of players that helped as well.

Why should they be honored for that?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
AgentDib":78yozgpk said:
Look at what Kam did after he got hurt. He didn't bail and go back home like Earl did but instead stuck around and continued to be a leader. He even traveled with the team to road games and continued showing up to the facility more than a year later to support his teammates. Huge positive influence and it's ridiculous to put him in the same category as Earl.

Kam's attitude was an A+ here along with his talent. It was only his availability that held him back and nobody holds injury history against a player long-term. He'll stay a fan favorite pretty much forever.
This is why Kam gets a pass for holding out. He stayed loyal to the end. I really hope he sticks around to mentor our young secondary. I love Kam. After Tez, it’s my next jersey purchase.

rcaido

Reaction score
Bitter fans

I would welcome them back with open arms now or when they retire. Love these guys!

Largent80

Reaction score
Kam is a total different story. He was on the bench all of last year. Where was ET?

Bitter fans my ass. These guys were taken care of by this team and flipped them off. You are delusional if you didn't see it.

Own The West

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":34t1qgc7 said:
AgentDib":34t1qgc7 said:
Look at what Kam did after he got hurt. He didn't bail and go back home like Earl did but instead stuck around and continued to be a leader. He even traveled with the team to road games and continued showing up to the facility more than a year later to support his teammates. Huge positive influence and it's ridiculous to put him in the same category as Earl.

Kam's attitude was an A+ here along with his talent. It was only his availability that held him back and nobody holds injury history against a player long-term. He'll stay a fan favorite pretty much forever.
This is why Kam gets a pass for holding out. He stayed loyal to the end. I really hope he sticks around to mentor our young secondary. I love Kam. After Tez, it’s my next jersey purchase.

You make good points, and my issue with Kam is that he was a leader on that team after the superbowl loss and his holdout got all the tongues (Bennett, Sherman, ADB, Thomas) wagging about money, rather than football. If he had come to camp and helped keep everyone's eyes on the SB, would it have mattered? I don't know.

He has been a good team member since then though, perhaps it's time to forgive and forget.

Sherm and ET are still on my B list though. If someone can find a clip of them giving a, "Go Hawks!" instead of a self-promoting 'LOB' then I might consider softening my position on them too.

Seymour

Reaction score
Bitter fans? LMAO.....nope!

Screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice shame on me.

Both were disruptive to the team in multiple incidents and had size 49 ego's.

In Earls case he went to the Boyz locker room after a win to "setup his future" with his buddy Garrett "come get me"
then he flipped off the team / coaches whoever in front of everyone. :pukeface:

Sherman pulled countless boners putting himself above the team. :pukeface:

Later chumps....loved your contributions, but you are not sacred Seahawks. You'll need more class to join that club. :snack:

Largent80

Reaction score
Seymour":2ocymzno said:
Bitter fans? LMAO.....nope!

Screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice shame on me.

Both were disruptive to the team in multiple incidents and had size 49 ego's.

In Earls case he went to the Boyz locker room after a win to "setup his future" with his buddy Garrett "come get me"
then he flipped off the team / coaches whoever in front of everyone. :pukeface:

Sherman pulled countless boners putting himself above the team. :pukeface:

Later chumps....loved your contributions, but you are not sacred Seahawks. You'll need more class to join that club. :snack:

Yup.