Sherman addresses offseason drama in Players Tribune

Vesuve

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1owuylt9 said:
Richard plays the victim very poorly. Maybe he should do a little self reflection about being honest and precise with his statements as well.

Denying that he threatened Moore when it was right there being taped.

I love Richard the player, one of the best in the league and glad he stills on our team. But I'm exhausted from this crap, it never ends.

He's a walking victim and a Drama Queen.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":2us5by0g said:
All those years of people bitching because we had a squeaky clean image, now we have had a few figures Sherman, Lynch, Baldwin, Bennett, that are outspoken and say stuff that isn't corporate line and people want to throw them under a bus. Sherman was never getting traded for 2 first rounder's or more by anyone with good football sense at his age, 3 or 4 years ago yes. He wasn't shopped as much as it was said everyone is available and Sherman just happened to be the guy in the news and his name was thrown out there and a Mediot ran with it.

This clearly wasn't "like anyone else". Pete and John both publicly talked about it and Pete even went into details that he "wasn't able to reset this time." like he could in years past. Name the last player they did that to. Pete and John put this out so why even blame the press for running with it?

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ntntmme said:
Richard plays the victim very poorly. Maybe he should do a little self reflection about being honest and precise with his statements as well.

Denying that he threatened Moore when it was right there being taped.

I love Richard the player, one of the best in the league and glad he stills on our team. But I'm exhausted from this crap, it never ends.

You're reading WAY too much into those comments. Nothing in this article addresses the Moore spat. Your attitude is the kind of stuff I'd expect from NINEster's trolling attempts. Also, speaking directly to the Moore incident, I do agree Sherman took it too far. But Jim Moore is the only local reporter with an ego big enough to keep needling Sherman just to get a reaction. He's a self-important hack who didn't know when to quit.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":3hqvxks6 said:
chris98251":3hqvxks6 said:
All those years of people bitching because we had a squeaky clean image, now we have had a few figures Sherman, Lynch, Baldwin, Bennett, that are outspoken and say stuff that isn't corporate line and people want to throw them under a bus. Sherman was never getting traded for 2 first rounder's or more by anyone with good football sense at his age, 3 or 4 years ago yes. He wasn't shopped as much as it was said everyone is available and Sherman just happened to be the guy in the news and his name was thrown out there and a Mediot ran with it.

This clearly wasn't "like anyone else". Pete and John both publicly talked about it and Pete even went into details that he "wasn't able to reset this time." like he could in years past. Name the last player they did that to. Pete and John put this out so why even blame the press for running with it?

Percy Harvin.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Article doesn't even mention the Moore incident.

Here's the teams star player, shadowed in turmoil and offseason doubt, essentially assuring fans he's got it sorted and ready for the season AND still some fans are hammering on the reporter incident.

Why not the Wilson or Carroll incidents that ere such a huge deal to many? Sherman addresses those. Is it just easier to condemn him for the Moore incident since he doesn't address it? Seems misguided.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3uljsl6h said:
That paragraph is entirely accurate though, regardless of who said it.

That article doesn't mention the Moore incident does it? It's really an insightful article on how an NFL player views the media and that relationship.

It's weird to me. Richard is one of the best to play his position, and one of the most exciting ever. He's never got into trouble off the field. He's a social activist and trying to help his peers. He's essentially a great guy.

Yet he has a run in with a media guy and doesn't cover himself in glory and people can't shake their animosity. This article in itself is admitting he caused problems and should reassurance to Hawks fans that one of our best players wants to keep winning with the Seahawks.

This guy is what Seahawks fans have wanted for decades.

Perfectly written.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":1n1kfr6a said:
Seymour":1n1kfr6a said:
chris98251":1n1kfr6a said:

Percy Harvin.

Nope, They just traded him with no announcement they were even shopping him. That is why Lynch refused to get on the team bus after he found out Harvin was gone.
And besides that, what does that name and what surrounded him tell you about the magnitude of trouble they felt they had enough of?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
We talk shit about him, but there are a lot of organizations that would love to have a guy with the skills, charisma, and dedication as Ted Bundy.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":85qfz8ob said:
Sgt. Largent":85qfz8ob said:
Uncle Si":85qfz8ob said:

He was at first, but now he's about 20% pain in the ass with his antics.

You've chosen to look at the best of Richard, and that's cool. I look at the whole player, and there are parts of Richard that irritate me because I think it's not good for the team..........and that's all that matters to me, what's best for the team. At times Richard is selfish and doesn't take that into account, or if he does his actions are misguided.

Exactly. Just like Ted Bundy was 80% nice guy, so is Sherman (no Sherman is not just like Bundy, they share split personality traits)

That 20% is the problem, and it's big enough to shop him and make the team announce it. That should be proof enough this is much more than a few irritated fans or reporters, but it's not enough for everyone I suppose.

I like the 80% Sherman and would love him to stick around, but the 20% asshat tips the scales for me.

Ted Bundy was a pretty Charismatic guy, smart and a pretty good lawyer, he just had a few personality faults that eventually caught up with him.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Sherm IS the off season drama. Get over yourself princess. It's time to play ball.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2s0aj7jv said:
We talk shit about him, but there are a lot of organizations that would love to have a guy with the skills, charisma, and dedication as Ted Bundy.
Apparently not as many as you and Sherm believe though cause ...the Hawks put him up for
grabs and... no takers.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
brimsalabim":35f13p2g said:
fenderbender123":35f13p2g said:
Apparently not as many as you and Sherm believe though cause ...the Hawks put him up for
grabs and... no takers.
Oh boy....... :roll:
They were never going to trade him. It was a scare tactic to get him "back in line".

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1800cik8 said:
Uncle Si":1800cik8 said:

He was at first, but now he's about 20% pain in the ass with his antics.

You've chosen to look at the best of Richard, and that's cool. I look at the whole player, and there are parts of Richard that irritate me because I think it's not good for the team..........and that's all that matters to me, what's best for the team. At times Richard is selfish and doesn't take that into account, or if he does his actions are misguided.

This sounds pretty selfish in and of it self. A fan can just walk away and stop watching. Whatever. A player can't. At least without financial repercussions.

Emotions are emotions. Unstable. And from my experience, the more you care, the more unpredictable they are good and bad.

I think it got to the point it did last season and with Sherman and the team was because there wasnt an outlet sort to say. There wasn't Percy Harvin drama clogging headlines. Crabtree went across the bridge. No Marshawn clowning the media. No Cary Williams, etc.

Every season it seems as been a pressure cooker but in years past you always had something else be the thing that push the button.

If anything what Sherman did was childish in admittance, but I highly doubt his thought process was flying solo. Especially on the Bevell thing. Know that it's out, its been said, now it's time to just get over it. Every player. Every coach. Just get over it and just focus on what's in front of you. And I'm 99% sure Carroll probably said something similar.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He sure has a hard time just letting stuff go. We get it Sherm, you love to talk, a LOT. About the same crap over and over again.
That being said, I expect a damn good season out of him this year.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
SoulfishHawk":22cxovy9 said:
He sure has a hard time just letting stuff go. We get it Sherm, you love to talk, a LOT. About the same crap over and over again.
That being said, I expect a damn good season out of him this year.

This damn sure better be the 1st and last time you've talked about this crap. Or else, well...

And y'all can SWIFTLY cut the shit with the 'Ted Bundy' bullshit. That's tacky as hell. Go ride a damn bike.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Guys the paragraph about people writing things with FACTS is all about the hit piece the guy wrote saying the locker room is divided and the defense can't stand RW.

It had nothing to do with the Moore situation.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, the media, the critics, Sherm. All of them love to dwell.
I love Sherm, but I think his blatant refusal to let stuff go, let alone admit he's EVER wrong just got really old.

Latest posts