Sherman boycotting local media bc they published his address

Jville

Reaction score
I would have thought the Skip Bayless demo would have been sufficient warning.

Like other cities, looks like Seattle also has an editor or two that are dumber than a bag of hammers.

lukerguy

Reaction score
That's totally uncalled for the Seattle times to do that. Celebrities can never live "normal" lives, and that goes with the territory, but when you feel like you can't even go to your home and feel safe or comfortable, that's crossing the line.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2dvp9k1g said:
He has every right to be pissed.

That is the "penalty" for being a famous sports personality! You find your self on the cover of famous video game, you are going to be harassed for the next ten years....or more. "There ain't no free lunch!"

kpak76

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2cbsf43r said:
KitsapGuy":2cbsf43r said:

That is the "penalty" for being a famous sports personality! You find your self on the cover of famous video game, you are going to be harassed for the next ten years....or more. "There ain't no free lunch!"

I dont think thats a valid excuse for grown men and women to act like complete and utter morons. I mean how many grownups need to act like a star struck idiot and go out and stalk a star just because he lives in the same zip code? Thats how people get shot. Like someone said, you need some serious help if your the one doing shit like this.

If I'm Sherman, I am getting the Maple Valley PD to patrol his house before he comes back home everyday. The cops need to clear all the riff raff out of his property and arrest every last one of them for harrasment. That will get people to stop in a hurry.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Throwdown":18pqu5ug said:
UK_Seahawk":18pqu5ug said:
Throwdown":18pqu5ug said:
Rottweilers, German Shepherds, or Belgian Malinois'

get like 5 of 'em, Sherman, to roam around the yard, can't trust people they are crazy.

Earl says he will for it for free.

That's almost as entertaining as watching a german shepherd go into a frenzy... I could go for it.

I love dogs, but I'd rather see Sherm evicting people from his front lawn with a 12 gauge loaded with Rock Salt.

Seriously, that sh*t hurts and it's funny when someone else gets shot. That and Sherm gets some personal satisfaction.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1ynwwp6b said:
KitsapGuy":1ynwwp6b said:

I really hope you're being sarcastic. Local media should not be in the business of giving out the addresses of celebrities.
The information is public if you know where to look but it is crazy to provide that information through regular news sources.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I guess I will be boycotting the Seattle Times Blog until I hear they have articulated a policy that will prevent this from happening in the future. Would they not have exercised better judgment by writing the story without a link to his address?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
He lives down the street from my wife's parents. To the left of his driveway there is just enough room to park your rv and still set up an awning without blocking the gate to his property.

Threedee

Reaction score
I always like to play out in my head how to conduct myself if I run into a celebrity, so that if it happens I can keep my cool. Wish others would do the same...

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Somewhere Michael Crabtree is trying to hire a bus load of bums to do bad things on Sherms lawn!

But seriously as a celebrity this sort of stuff has to be expected to some extent. The Sale of a home is ( I believe) public record, as such the paparazzi have free rein to plaster it all over their media of choice. Doesn't make it right, or even ethical! What people do with that information is another matter entirely. Common sense, decency and yes even ethics SHOULD stop them from camping on the poor guys doorstep. There will always be certain people with a total disregard for personal privacy and ruin it for all of us. I shun those people!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
kpak76":14nxmk8o said:
Bigpumpkin":14nxmk8o said:
KitsapGuy":14nxmk8o said:

I dont think thats a valid excuse for grown men and women to act like complete and utter morons.

The cops need to clear all the riff raff out of his property and arrest every last one of them for harrasment. That will get people to stop in a hurry.

Oh....so now you want the tax payers to pay for protective services for our sport heroes? Give me a break!

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2mrflwe7 said:
kpak76":2mrflwe7 said:
Bigpumpkin":2mrflwe7 said:
KitsapGuy":2mrflwe7 said:

I dont think thats a valid excuse for grown men and women to act like complete and utter morons.

The cops need to clear all the riff raff out of his property and arrest every last one of them for harrasment. That will get people to stop in a hurry.

Oh....so now you want the tax payers to pay for protective services for our sport heroes? Give me a break!

What's your name and address?

And yes, I think the tax payers should pay for a police service to protect the citizens of it's county and city. Call me crazy.

warden

Reaction score
Let's see if I get this right

The Seattle times announces that they will no longer refer to the Washington Redskins by there name

Mean while, they report the address to a local famous celebrity in their newspaper, causing that players life to become very uncomfortable.

Seattle tabloids

Smellyman

Reaction score
kpak76":1ijrhn5b said:
Bigpumpkin":1ijrhn5b said:
KitsapGuy":1ijrhn5b said:

I dont think thats a valid excuse for grown men and women to act like complete and utter morons. I mean how many grownups need to act like a star struck idiot and go out and stalk a star just because he lives in the same zip code? Thats how people get shot. Like someone said, you need some serious help if your the one doing shit like this.

If I'm Sherman, I am getting the Maple Valley PD to patrol his house before he comes back home everyday. The cops need to clear all the riff raff out of his property and arrest every last one of them for harrasment. That will get people to stop in a hurry.

ever been to a seahawk game?

Throwdown

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":does39kg said:
kpak76":does39kg said:
Bigpumpkin":does39kg said:
KitsapGuy":does39kg said:

Not sure if serious...

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
he needs to sell it and buy another . he probably drove the price up by buying it but nothing is worse then being violated in your own home. Now he will always have to be on alert.

more importantly If one of his boys wants to smoke some pot now they gotta worry about same fan or tmz smelling it and reporting it

Basis4day

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":x30hbuqu said:
Somewhere Michael Crabtree is trying to hire a bus load of bums to do bad things on Sherms lawn!

But seriously as a celebrity this sort of stuff has to be expected to some extent. The Sale of a home is ( I believe) public record, as such the paparazzi have free rein to plaster it all over their media of choice. Doesn't make it right, or even ethical! What people do with that information is another matter entirely. Common sense, decency and yes even ethics SHOULD stop them from camping on the poor guys doorstep. There will always be certain people with a total disregard for personal privacy and ruin it for all of us. I shun those people!

It is a matter of public record and is available if you know where to look.

The issue is the paper of record for the area providing the information. They have since amended the article to remove the link to the real estate listing. However, the original article already hit the internet for the world to see.

The Times REALLY should have used better judgment here.