Sherman boycotting local media bc they published his address

kobebryant

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2qmm6syy said:
kpak76":2qmm6syy said:
Bigpumpkin":2qmm6syy said:
KitsapGuy":2qmm6syy said:
He has every right to be pissed.

That is the "penalty" for being a famous sports personality! You find your self on the cover of famous video game, you are going to be harassed for the next ten years....or more. "There ain't no free lunch!"

I dont think thats a valid excuse for grown men and women to act like complete and utter morons.

The cops need to clear all the riff raff out of his property and arrest every last one of them for harrasment. That will get people to stop in a hurry.

Oh....so now you want the tax payers to pay for protective services for our sport heroes? Give me a break!

As a tax payer, yes I would like to see the police respond and take action in cases of harassment and trespassing. That would be much more preferable than chicken poo speeding tickets in the passing lane of the highway when I'm in a vehicle that can safely do 200 (not that I ever do), or getting tickets for rolling stops.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":ck65bw9x said:
Smelly McUgly":ck65bw9x said:
I bet a couple of the chaps from the DOUG BALDWIN SNUBBED ME thread are hiding in the bushes outside Sherman's place RIGHT NOW as a matter of fact.

Guys, I know you're hitting refresh on this site on your little iPhones while you wait to harass a professional football player, so please read this and STOP IT. Thanks in advance!

They wouldn't do that if Sherm had some guard dogs out there ready to maul a sucka.

Yes I'm advocating violence towards stalkers.

You're also advocating a reason for lawsuits. :mrgreen:

That being said: Yes, it is not difficult to find someone's address if you know they've moved to a certain County; but to put it out in a newspaper, sucks. #25 wouldn't being having half the problems he's having, if the his address wasn't published.

hoxrox

Reaction score
To be fair, it was the Seattle PI blog that originally published his address, not the Times.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014 ... 3-million/

Here's a recent comment from the Times, from that link in the OP.

Kathy Best, Seattle Times • 31 minutes ago

The Seattle Times did not publish Richard Sherman's address, as your link to our story demonstrates. Although it is public information in Washington state, was a well-known home and was readily available on real estate Web sites, we did not feel that providing the exact address in our story was necessary or appropriate.

rideaducati

Reaction score
If I lived up there, I'd go chase those idiots off myself. :141847_bnono:

Throwdown

Reaction score
LymonHawk":220ugoec said:
Throwdown":220ugoec said:
Smelly McUgly":220ugoec said:
I bet a couple of the chaps from the DOUG BALDWIN SNUBBED ME thread are hiding in the bushes outside Sherman's place RIGHT NOW as a matter of fact.

Guys, I know you're hitting refresh on this site on your little iPhones while you wait to harass a professional football player, so please read this and STOP IT. Thanks in advance!

They wouldn't do that if Sherm had some guard dogs out there ready to maul a sucka.

That being said: Yes, it is not difficult to find someone's address if you know they've moved to a certain County; but to put it out in a newspaper, sucks. #25 wouldn't being having half the problems he's having, if the his address wasn't published.

Psh if they're on his property isn't it ok?

AVL

Reaction score
Get use to it.

You asked for this noise.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Take the power back!

Love this move by the king of media manipulation. I'm critical of a couples things Sherm's done / said, but there's no denying his place of power in professional sports right now...Sherm has enough juice to actually create change. I hope he grabs a deserving reporter and speaks solely to him for awhile. It will teach a little respect while making Sherm even more sought after. Win / win.

Who knows where life will take Richard Sherman? If he stays healthy and continues to progress (and I have a hunch he will) sky's the limit.... and we will be able to say we knew him when.

^ Was that too corny? I never know.

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1wwxk7p7 said:
He lives down the street from my wife's parents. To the left of his driveway there is just enough room to park your rv and still set up an awning without blocking the gate to his property.

Sounds good. Please pm your wife's parents wifi at your earliest convenience...oh and perhaps a spare house key for the john.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":2bhpjlix said:
LymonHawk":2bhpjlix said:
Throwdown":2bhpjlix said:

Psh if they're on his property isn't it ok?

Not necessarily. Just because someone's trespassing, it does not give the owner the right to commit bodily harm on someone who is not physically threatening them. (From the little I know of law.) You can order them to leave and you can call the cops; but even turning your dogs (lethal weapons?) on them is a dangerous deal.

Note: I'm talking about Washington State.

I haven't heard of folks actually entering his property...'though I'm sure some have tried.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Richard Sherman’s Media Boycott Is Stupid

There are any number of reasons to dislike The Seattle Times.

Maybe you loathe the fact that their editorial board seemingly fornicates with people who vehemently oppose the thought of the Sonics returning to Seattle.

Maybe you’re less than enthralled with their prep sports coverage, since the deadbeat high school coach who once tutored your child submitted a half-assed misspelling of your family’s weird surname to the paper, thus causing a misprint alongside your kid’s six-point , two-rebound stat line in the Class 1B state consolation game a few years ago.

Or maybe you’re Richard Sherman, pissed off because the Times published the address of the estate you just purchased, which seems a fair enough reason to be upset. Well, fair enough until one considers that the address of the home previously owned by NBA star Jamal Crawford was already public. And because the address was public record, it had already been blasted far and wide across the internet (thanks a lot, Redfin) before the Times ever laid eyes on the details. And because various outlets across the spectrum of the media stratosphere republished the address with bountiful glee as time transpired, watching idly as the blame shifted unto the Times, somehow, as an uproar over such personal, already-public information began to ensue.

If this sounds somewhat stupid and convoluted, that’s because it is. This is one of the stranger beefs of all-time, as the usually loquacious Sherman has purportedly opted to silence himself before the Seattle media in the wake of what he deems as some sort of infringement upon his personal freedoms. Sure, he’s entitled to his frustration. And rightfully so, as hardcore football fanatics have reportedly flocked to the Sherman residence and taken up camp just beyond the property’s gates, anxiously awaiting the nightly return of their hero as if he, himself, were Mecca.

But why take out such exasperation on the media? The media, beginning with the Times (allegedly, though some cite the decaying carcass of The Seattle P-I as the originator of this entire fiasco), simply republished what had long ago been thrust upon the world wide web and the public’s consciousness.

The whole affair reeks of an odoriferous aroma of public relations stench, the kind that experienced P.R. men and women permeate across innocuous occurrences to stoke the flames of burning interest and raise a few eyebrows in the process. In the Seahawks’ case, the brows can raise in the direction of Dave Pearson, Vice President of Communications and Broadcasting, slash, hype man for internal personnel. You can almost hear Pearson shouting “YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH BOYYYYYYYYYY!” as the words “media boycott” trickle unto news sites like Fox Sports.

If anything, blame for this entire mess should be saddled squarely upon the shoulders of the insane adults foolish enough to embark on a Hajj to Maple Valley, so firmly ensconced in their warped 12ishness that they might as well be 12-and-a-halves, those crazy bastards, no matter what anyone says. Go home, you deranged psychos. Richard Sherman is not going to be your friend. Richard Sherman doesn’t even know you. If Richard Sherman did know you, he’d probably be drafting up a restraining order as we speak. You lunatics are the real-life personifications of Shooter McGavin’s fanboy lackey in Happy Gilmore, willing to drive a Volkswagen over the competition if necessary, but just as likely to dial up your idol and beg for a man-date to Red Lobster.

We all love Sherman and the Seahawks, but unfortunately for Seattle’s favorite cornerback and his in-house counsel of Flava Flavs, this situation can be chalked up to a few unhinged fans taking their support of the organization just a bit too far. And until all parties come to grips with this, the rest of us will sit here wanking away, dismissively not caring towards any fabricated “boycott” a team of advisers may have childishly concocted.

This is just the stupidest. And we are all stupider for being subjected to this garbage. Everybody, get your shit together and move on.

http://seattlesportsnet.com/2014/06/24/ ... is-stupid/

-The Glove-

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":152jeskk said:
Richard Sherman’s Media Boycott Is Stupid

There are any number of reasons to dislike The Seattle Times.

Maybe you loathe the fact that their editorial board seemingly fornicates with people who vehemently oppose the thought of the Sonics returning to Seattle.

Maybe you’re less than enthralled with their prep sports coverage, since the deadbeat high school coach who once tutored your child submitted a half-assed misspelling of your family’s weird surname to the paper, thus causing a misprint alongside your kid’s six-point , two-rebound stat line in the Class 1B state consolation game a few years ago.

Or maybe you’re Richard Sherman, pissed off because the Times published the address of the estate you just purchased, which seems a fair enough reason to be upset. Well, fair enough until one considers that the address of the home previously owned by NBA star Jamal Crawford was already public. And because the address was public record, it had already been blasted far and wide across the internet (thanks a lot, Redfin) before the Times ever laid eyes on the details. And because various outlets across the spectrum of the media stratosphere republished the address with bountiful glee as time transpired, watching idly as the blame shifted unto the Times, somehow, as an uproar over such personal, already-public information began to ensue.

If this sounds somewhat stupid and convoluted, that’s because it is. This is one of the stranger beefs of all-time, as the usually loquacious Sherman has purportedly opted to silence himself before the Seattle media in the wake of what he deems as some sort of infringement upon his personal freedoms. Sure, he’s entitled to his frustration. And rightfully so, as hardcore football fanatics have reportedly flocked to the Sherman residence and taken up camp just beyond the property’s gates, anxiously awaiting the nightly return of their hero as if he, himself, were Mecca.

But why take out such exasperation on the media? The media, beginning with the Times (allegedly, though some cite the decaying carcass of The Seattle P-I as the originator of this entire fiasco), simply republished what had long ago been thrust upon the world wide web and the public’s consciousness.

The whole affair reeks of an odoriferous aroma of public relations stench, the kind that experienced P.R. men and women permeate across innocuous occurrences to stoke the flames of burning interest and raise a few eyebrows in the process. In the Seahawks’ case, the brows can raise in the direction of Dave Pearson, Vice President of Communications and Broadcasting, slash, hype man for internal personnel. You can almost hear Pearson shouting “YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH BOYYYYYYYYYY!” as the words “media boycott” trickle unto news sites like Fox Sports.

If anything, blame for this entire mess should be saddled squarely upon the shoulders of the insane adults foolish enough to embark on a Hajj to Maple Valley, so firmly ensconced in their warped 12ishness that they might as well be 12-and-a-halves, those crazy bastards, no matter what anyone says. Go home, you deranged psychos. Richard Sherman is not going to be your friend. Richard Sherman doesn’t even know you. If Richard Sherman did know you, he’d probably be drafting up a restraining order as we speak. You lunatics are the real-life personifications of Shooter McGavin’s fanboy lackey in Happy Gilmore, willing to drive a Volkswagen over the competition if necessary, but just as likely to dial up your idol and beg for a man-date to Red Lobster.

We all love Sherman and the Seahawks, but unfortunately for Seattle’s favorite cornerback and his in-house counsel of Flava Flavs, this situation can be chalked up to a few unhinged fans taking their support of the organization just a bit too far. And until all parties come to grips with this, the rest of us will sit here wanking away, dismissively not caring towards any fabricated “boycott” a team of advisers may have childishly concocted.

This is just the stupidest. And we are all stupider for being subjected to this garbage. Everybody, get your shit together and move on.

http://seattlesportsnet.com/2014/06/24/ ... is-stupid/

That article is stupid

A

Anonymous

Hey Sherman, I got four words for you:

Hire a security company.

Next subject?

dutchman063

Reaction score
kpak76":gg89lrfl said:
Bigpumpkin":gg89lrfl said:
KitsapGuy":gg89lrfl said:

That is the "penalty" for being a famous sports personality! You find your self on the cover of famous video game, you are going to be harassed for the next ten years....or more. "There ain't no free lunch!"

I dont think thats a valid excuse for grown men and women to act like complete and utter morons. .

Ever been to an NFL football game?... these players should know the price of being a superstar celebrity, if they think that just because they're a "town hero" that no ones going to stalk,harrass, act like a moron, or whatever.. then they are delusional.. its public information, dude should of bought a house in a gated community.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
dutchman063":35nminmh said:
kpak76":35nminmh said:
Bigpumpkin":35nminmh said:
KitsapGuy":35nminmh said:

I dont think thats a valid excuse for grown men and women to act like complete and utter morons. .

Ever been to an NFL football game?... these players should know the price of being a superstar celebrity, if they think that just because they're a "town hero" that no ones going to stalk,harrass, act like a moron, or whatever.. then they are delusional.. its public information, dude should of bought a house in a gated community.

Getting hassled in public is one thing but your home should be sacred. I don't care who you are...you should be afforded privacy at home. It may be public information, but the media just made his address that much more accessible

dutchman063

Reaction score
-The Glove-":iohsfbzd said:
dutchman063":iohsfbzd said:
kpak76":iohsfbzd said:

Getting hassled in public is one thing but your home should be sacred. I don't care who you are...you should be afforded privacy at home. It may be public information, but the media just made his address that much more accessible

You missed the point...My point was there are "complete and utter morons" at games, so it stands to figure there are going to be complete and utter morons outside of games.. so these guys should realize that things like this have a very good tendency to happen.. dude should have better planned his living arrangements

Marvin49

Reaction score
Not a fan of Sherman as I've stated before...

...but totally agree with him here. That's BS.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
dutchman063":av7l8raj said:
dude should have better planned his living arrangements

No one "plans" to have their exact address printed in an online newspaper for any moron with bad impulses to plug into their smart phone GPS. Anyone who is smart enough to track down his address through public records is probably smart enough to stay away from his house.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
dutchman063":34zuqx94 said:
You missed the point...My point was there are "complete and utter morons" at games, so it stands to figure there are going to be complete and utter morons outside of games.. so these guys should realize that things like this have a very good tendency to happen.. dude should have better planned his living arrangements

Blaming the victim is laaaaaaaaame IMO. He shouldn't have to plan his living arrangements around losers who don't have a sense of personal boundaries.

It's like blaming someone for leaving their car keys in their car and having it stolen. They should be able to do that without some chump with no morals or ethics stealing their stuff in the first place. Same rule applies here.