Sherman boycotting local media bc they published his address

dutchman063

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":9aio7dg6 said:
dutchman063":9aio7dg6 said:
You missed the point...My point was there are "complete and utter morons" at games, so it stands to figure there are going to be complete and utter morons outside of games.. so these guys should realize that things like this have a very good tendency to happen.. dude should have better planned his living arrangements

Blaming the victim is laaaaaaaaame IMO. He shouldn't have to plan his living arrangements around losers who don't have a sense of personal boundaries.

It's like blaming someone for leaving their car keys in their car and having it stolen. They should be able to do that without some chump with no morals or ethics stealing their stuff in the first place. Same rule applies here.

Its called preventative measures.. any smart person out there will lock his doors.. thats just common logic

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
dutchman063":1wbzb4pb said:
Smelly McUgly":1wbzb4pb said:
dutchman063":1wbzb4pb said:
You missed the point...My point was there are "complete and utter morons" at games, so it stands to figure there are going to be complete and utter morons outside of games.. so these guys should realize that things like this have a very good tendency to happen.. dude should have better planned his living arrangements

Blaming the victim is laaaaaaaaame IMO. He shouldn't have to plan his living arrangements around losers who don't have a sense of personal boundaries.

It's like blaming someone for leaving their car keys in their car and having it stolen. They should be able to do that without some chump with no morals or ethics stealing their stuff in the first place. Same rule applies here.

Its called preventative measures.. any smart person out there will lock his doors.. thats just common logic

But the point is that no one should HAVE TO. Look, I agree that the world is not perfect, and we must adjust accordingly when we can.

However, you are blaming Sherman for not thinking about all the stalkerish creeps out there when you SHOULD be blaming the stalkerish creeps for not getting help.

dutchman063

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3s2pxjar said:
dutchman063":3s2pxjar said:
Smelly McUgly":3s2pxjar said:
dutchman063":3s2pxjar said:

But the point is that no one should HAVE TO. Look, I agree that the world is not perfect, and we must adjust accordingly when we can.

However, you are blaming Sherman for not thinking about all the stalkerish creeps out there when you SHOULD be blaming the stalkerish creeps for not getting help.

Of course no one should "have to"... but we dont live in a perfect little world.. and being a major celebrity makes issues like this 10X as worse...he should know better

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Dutchman, why don't you post your physical address? Better yet, make sure you also include what hours you will be away from your house.

Thiswas never about people showing up at his address, that was always going to happen at least to some extent. This was about newspapers and supposedly ethical websites posting his information when they did not have to. And they did not have to.

BTW, Sean Taylor lived in a gated community. It is no guarantee of keeping crazy people out.

dutchman063

Reaction score
Scottemojo":dy6hmj6g said:
Dutchman, why don't you post your physical address? Better yet, make sure you also include what hours you will be away from your house.

Thiswas never about people showing up at his address, that was always going to happen at least to some extent. This was about newspapers and supposedly ethical websites posting his information when they did not have to. And they did not have to.

BTW, Sean Taylor lived in a gated community. It is no guarantee of keeping crazy people out.

I guess its public information if you want to go find it.. and gated community's are a very good deterrant.. alot safer than what sherman decided to do

Scottemojo

Reaction score
dutchman063":1j4wo0dc said:
Scottemojo":1j4wo0dc said:

I guess its public information if you want to go find it.. and gated community's are a very good deterrant.. alot safer than what sherman decided to do

And that is the whole point. These crazy dumbasses aren't going down to the courthouse to get public info. The Times and SeattlePI took the hard part of the whole thing out.

Gated communities are sort of a deterrent. Until you discover that all the meth addled landscapers, painters, movers, etc all have the gate codes. Besides, Sherman's property IS gated. So whether gated community or gated property, there will be a few dipshit fans who wait at the gates hoping for a glimpse or autograph they can sell. If they know where to go. Nobody should have made it easier for them.

THe whole "that's what you get for wanting to be famous" argument is silly anyway. By that measure, he shouldhave security guards taze every last one of these idiots, and then defend his actions with "that's what you get for wanting to stalk somebody famous!" Blame transgressors, like the Times and idiot fans, not the guy who bought a house.

dutchman063

Reaction score
Scottemojo":37twfsb8 said:
dutchman063":37twfsb8 said:
Scottemojo":37twfsb8 said:

And that is the whole point. These crazy dumbasses aren't going down to the courthouse to get public info. The Times and SeattlePI took the hard part of the whole thing out.

Gated communities are sort of a deterrent. Until you discover that all the meth addled landscapers, painters, movers, etc all have the gate codes. Besides, Sherman's property IS gated. So whether gated community or gated property, there will be a few dipshit fans who wait at the gates hoping for a glimpse or autograph they can sell. If they know where to go. Nobody should have made it easier for them.

THe whole "that's what you get for wanting to be famous" argument is silly anyway. By that measure, he shouldhave security guards taze every last one of these idiots, and then defend his actions with "that's what you get for wanting to stalk somebody famous!" Blame transgressors, like the Times and idiot fans, not the guy who bought a house.

I said gated community, not property....and i never said its a guaranteed deterant its much, much safer though..., ... and the "meth landscapers/painters" breaking in a gated community is somethin you just made up.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Because no one would wait for him outside the gates of the gated community?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
dutchman063":bipaviqd said:
Scottemojo":bipaviqd said:
dutchman063":bipaviqd said:

I said gated community, not property....and i never said its a guaranteed deterant its much, much safer though..., ... and the "meth landscapers/painters" breaking in a gated community is somethin you just made up.

Nope. Didn't make it up. It happened to two people I knew in Sedona, Arizona 10 years ago. In a gated community. By a meth head hired to do contract work, landscaping. He had the gate code so he could do the work. Hell, I and all my employees had the same gate code to that community. I had dozens of gate codes, as did my employees, and the employees for dozens of other construction companies.

http://azdailysun.com/oak-creek-man...cle_7cf9d717-0dcc-5d03-995a-0263a702edb5.html

I am not going to argue with you about the safety of gated communities, clearly they are more secure than un gated communities. I just think you are foolishly blaming Sherman when he has done nothing wrong. Nothing.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1aee1iur said:

But does it help keep the crazy people in???? :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
:idea::idea:
dutchman063":xrqxwe4v said:
-The Glove-":xrqxwe4v said:
dutchman063":xrqxwe4v said:
kpak76":xrqxwe4v said:
Ever been to an NFL football game?... these players should know the price of being a superstar celebrity, if they think that just because they're a "town hero" that no ones going to stalk,harrass, act like a moron, or whatever.. then they are delusional.. its public information, dude should of bought a house in a gated community.

Getting hassled in public is one thing but your home should be sacred. I don't care who you are...you should be afforded privacy at home. It may be public information, but the media just made his address that much more accessible

Yeah, there's a point in there somewhere. Disturbing to know there are people who figure it's perfectly OK to 'hang out' outside if somebody's private residence as a total stranger. For some reason this conjures up ideas of obsessing with such things as using yellow font as a theme tailored to a virtual name.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
dutchman063":1nzmqfpt said:
-The Glove-":1nzmqfpt said:
dutchman063":1nzmqfpt said:
kpak76":1nzmqfpt said:
Ever been to an NFL football game?... these players should know the price of being a superstar celebrity, if they think that just because they're a "town hero" that no ones going to stalk,harrass, act like a moron, or whatever.. then they are delusional.. its public information, dude should of bought a house in a gated community.

Getting hassled in public is one thing but your home should be sacred. I don't care who you are...you should be afforded privacy at home. It may be public information, but the media just made his address that much more accessible

Looks like you missed the point of this entire thing

sc85sis

Reaction score
My mom worked in real estate for years in Michigan and then California. The security of gated communities is largely a myth. As mentioned already, contractors have the gate codes. Postal workers have the gate code, as do the UPS, FedEx and other delivery guys/gals. Want a pizza or other food delivered? Those folks have the code too. Your neighbors' friends and family get the code, as do your friends and family.

Oh and Realtors. They all have the code.

Rocket

Reaction score
So walk softly, lock your doors and buy half a dozen shotguns and scatter them around the house.
:death2:

NOTE: WA is NOT a "make my day" state. Seek legal assistance before loading. YAMV

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
December 2012 I went with my step dad to do some yard work on a house in Renton. Little did I know it was Richard Sherman's house at the time. He was renting it from one of my step dad's customer's son. Like anyone I didn't know how i would approach him, at the time I wasn't even sure if it was him. He was nice and answered my questions about Michael Floyd, and he said it "He's sorry, I shut him down in college, I'll do it again in the NFL!". He even thanked us for the work we was doing on the yard. I had the address i knew where he lived, I could have told everyone where his address was, but it wouldn't have been ethical. I'm surprised that the Seattle Times had done that. Oh and hello dot NET, this is my first post, but been a long time lurker.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":2ecanru3 said:
December 2012 I went with my step dad to do some yard work on a house in Renton. Little did I know it was Richard Sherman's house at the time. He was renting it from one of my step dad's customer's son. Like anyone I didn't know how i would approach him, at the time I wasn't even sure if it was him. He was nice and answered my questions about Michael Floyd, and he said it "He's sorry, I shut him down in college, I'll do it again in the NFL!". He even thanked us for the work we was doing on the yard. I had the address i knew where he lived, I could have told everyone where his address was, but it wouldn't have been ethical. I'm surprised that the Seattle Times had done that. Oh and hello dot NET, this is my first post, but been a long time lurker.

And there we have it. Great post. Welcome. Post more, sok.

hawk45

Reaction score
I'm the very first to say athletes get what they get on twitter for soaking up the adoration. Bad comes with the good.

Don't care of the address was public record, the Seattle Times connecting the dots was over the line. They stepped over it, fully back Sherm blacking them out because of that.

Shoddy journalism there, they get what they get.