Sherman Doubles Down on Moore Argument

Uncle Si

Reaction score
So there is no way to quantify distractions... unless you are doing it?

Why open a thread if the only thing you want to hear is support of your opinion (to the point of telling readers the only reason you started a thread was to get to the bottom of why you think Sherman is a narcissist)?

Not all of us feel Sherman's nonsense has the same negative impact you do, especially in March.

I do agree that he is making it more and more difficult for PC not to address it.

Largent80

Reaction score
PC gave Sherman his break. He really should be just doing what he is handsomely paid for at this point because for one thing, his play is no longer backing up his mouth.

The one thing about this league is. There is NO such thing as longevity, and if a player tries to become bigger than the team, then Hasta La Vista baby.

I wouldn't mind cutting bait with the dude if he's going to keep disrespecting people. Hell, I've met the guy, I attended his moms birthday parties, but he is a father now, and is a multi millionaire.

ACT like someone that has matured.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":26g14ada said:
PC gave Sherman his break. He really should be just doing what he is handsomely paid for at this point because for one thing, his play is no longer backing up his mouth.

The one thing about this league is. There is NO such thing as longevity, and if a player tries to become bigger than the team, then Hasta La Vista baby.

I wouldn't mind cutting bait with the dude if he's going to keep disrespecting people. Hell, I've met the guy, I attended his moms birthday parties, but he is a father now, and is a multi millionaire.

ACT like someone that has matured.

Only thing that matters, really.

And agreed. Sherman's a smart guy. Would not surprise me if he's pushing PC to make a statement, either in words or action.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2fktq985 said:
.... I started it cause I'd like to get opinion on specially WHY Sherman is constantly compelled to play the victim card to the point of lying in interviews about what happened.

He is a victim. He is misunderstood, he is doubted, he gets no respect.
He HAS to fight back or surrender.

What, are you not feeling all this is true?

1_559928_10_1382837465.0.jpg

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":24n3mky8 said:
Sports Hernia":24n3mky8 said:
I.So.Do.Not.Care.About.Crap.Like.This.

The Sportsradio rubes yesterday were acting like this was biggest scandal, LOL.

Slow news day, so let's make mountains out of molehills.

It's not that big of a deal, that's the point...........why is Sherman making it into a big deal by lying about the entire incident giving everyone fodder to turn it into a big deal. Dumb.
It's all the clowns on sportsradio (both stations) were talking about. You would have thought Sherm committed the crime of the century the way the goober hosts were droning on and on about it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ctz6nb1k said:
Sgt. Largent":ctz6nb1k said:
Sports Hernia":ctz6nb1k said:

It's not that big of a deal, that's the point...........why is Sherman making it into a big deal by lying about the entire incident giving everyone fodder to turn it into a big deal. Dumb.
It's all the clowns on sportsradio (both stations) were talking about. You would have thought Sherm committed the crime of the century the way the goober hosts were droning on and on about it.

Perspective has no place in moral outrage...

nor does hypocrisy...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":sw1ue9j6 said:
I doubt any of the players could give a crap less what he says. This stuff happens on every team. Sherm has just made himself a media magnet. This isn't a distraction to the team. That is ridiculous. As for the sideline outburst, it also happens on every team. They all showed their unity in calming him down. As for the bevell knock, most people knock bevell. Who cares.
Some people, including those sports media members that are pals with DB still cannot get over the butthurt that Sherm called out his OC. It's honestly quite sad.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":j52gftbj said:
How do you know this? There's no tangible way to quantify distractions
Of course it's my opinion but it seems pretty obvious. Bobby Wagner isn't sitting on a beach somewhere this afternoon following what Richard Sherman thinks about some Seattle beat reporter for any purpose but possibly amusement.

I do think it's annoying when the players you are supporting behave poorly. Sherman's behavior this season has definitely hurt the way he is viewed and I'd be on board with him handling things more maturely in 2017. I just don't agree that it's been a problem for the competitiveness of the team, and particularly not in the case of his feud with some reporter.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":tbuj0orn said:
Sgt. Largent":tbuj0orn said:
Sports Hernia":tbuj0orn said:

When someone attacks an entire industry, and is a flat out liar, I would suspect there to be backlash.

Funny the one person that Sherman trusted to do his interviews....is "Mr Jarred Allen is a Seahawk", and the one and only we "should" trust?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/10639923/jared-allen-seattle-seahawks-reach-deal

Also, it's not just Sports radio either.

http://komonews.com/sports/seahawks/hawks-sherman-offers-alternative-facts-on-run-in-with-reporter

KillerB

Reaction score
Sherman is a smart guy and he thinks himself even smarter than that. There is a fair chance that this is a troll on his part

But he should shut up now.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":24fbdso0 said:

Why open a thread if the only thing you want to hear is support of your opinion (to the point of telling readers the only reason you started a thread was to get to the bottom of why you think Sherman is a narcissist)?

Not all of us feel Sherman's nonsense has the same negative impact you do, especially in March.

I do agree that he is making it more and more difficult for PC not to address it.
Some people just ain't happy with letting sleeping dogs lie, it's obvious that the 'Media' wanted to keep the story alive...There's your REAL "Attention Whores"
No good was going to come of reopening this story, but who in the Media really gives a shit about anything but seeing someone get a public flogging.
Lest Sherman try to put this behind him, let's beat the living shit out of this dead horse.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2sulx2ml said:
Uncle Si":2sulx2ml said:

Some people just ain't happy with letting sleeping dogs lie, it's obvious that the 'Media' wanted to keep the story alive...There's your REAL "Attention Whores"
No good was going to come of reopening this story, but who in the Media really gives a shit about anything but seeing someone get a public flogging.
Lest Sherman try to put this behind him, let's beat the living shit out of this dead horse.

He could be smarter, for sure (or he's being real smart... who knows).

I just don't feel the outrage over this that others do.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1uehk7xr said:

Who exactly is "outraged"? I sure am not. Sherman sure appears to be though. I would prefer he own up, live and learn, play football and act like a leader. Lies and denial will just prolong the scrutiny on him. Attacking the entire media in this manor is sure to get him additional bad press. He must want that if he "is so smart".

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":2gp679uo said:
Uncle Si":2gp679uo said:

Who exactly is "outraged"? I sure am not. Sherman sure appears to be though. I would prefer he own up, live and learn, play football and act like a leader. Lies and denial will just prolong the scrutiny on him. Attacking the entire media in this manor is sure to get him additional bad press. He must want that if he "is so smart".

Is he not smart? Is that why you are putting it in "quotes?" What's your point here? Is that condescension or do you have a specific point you want to make?

Whatever beef he was with the press is nothing new, and far from unwarranted. Banging this drum against him as if it's out of the blue lacks perspective and is supported with basic hypocrisy. But that drum has been banged as well.

Do I care if he wants to continue his grudge against the media? No. I'm not supporting him either. To me it's a space filler until June/July when football starts up. Whole thing is nonsense to me, as it was when it first happened.

As for outrage... there seems to be a whole lot of angst about Sherman's comments in some of the posts made in just this thread, without even going back to the ones that popped here when the initial rant incident occurred.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":pdboiopu said:

I'm not outraged, I'm just trying to get to the bottom of the psychology of what Sherman's doing.

He's a highly intelligent man that knows damn well what he said, and if he doesn't, he can listen to the audio of himself saying the things he said no one really knows what he said.

So what is he trying to do? That's all I'm asking.

Personally I think it's because he's a very prideful man who considers himself above reproach to most people, including the media.....of which he's shown utter and complete disdain for from day one. So Richard's going to spin everything to make him look like the victim. Not to get political (then don't.)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1bm8vhqx said:
Uncle Si":1bm8vhqx said:

I'm not outraged, I'm just trying to get to the bottom of the psychology of what Sherman's doing.

He's a highly intelligent man that knows damn well what he said, and if he doesn't, he can listen to the audio of himself saying the things he said no one really knows what he said.

So what is he trying to do? That's all I'm asking.

Personally I think it's because he's a very prideful man who considers himself above reproach to most people, including the media.....of which he's shown utter and complete disdain for from day one. So Richard's going to spin everything to make him look like the victim. Not to get political, (then don't)

What you asked specifically was "WHY Sherman is constantly compelled to play the victim card to the point of lying in interviews about what happened."

Bit leading isn't it? And with a lot of assumption and generalization to follow it.

Athletes mistrusting the media is not new, not unprecedented and certainly justifiable. But, I don't know what he's trying to do here. Timing is odd. His perspective on this particular incident is odd as well. He certainly is at odds with the media (as was Lynch) and isn't covering himself in glory.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":19v68nt0 said:
....Is he not smart?

I should have known better. You cannot answer a question with another question so yes I just quit reading. Thank you for proving me right though.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":2exp90fu said:
Uncle Si":2exp90fu said:
....Is he not smart?

I should have known better. You cannot answer a question with another question so yes I just quit reading. Thank you for proving me right though.

You did not ask a question, but I am.

It's a strange argument you're trying to have.