Sherman Doubles Down on Moore Argument

KPA

Reaction score
Certainly the board members understand the rule about political references and can have this discussion without them

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1jc9h6b7 said:
Seymour":1jc9h6b7 said:
Uncle Si":1jc9h6b7 said:
....Is he not smart?

I should have known better. You cannot answer a question with another question so yes I just quit reading. Thank you for proving me right though.

You did not ask a question, but I am.

It's a strange argument you're trying to have.

Very strange, it's useless discussing things with skimmers..... Another revisionist at work!

Seymour":1jc9h6b7 said:
Who exactly is "outraged"? I sure am not.....

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":1n0uwf4q said:
Uncle Si":1n0uwf4q said:
Uncle Si":1n0uwf4q said:
....Is he not smart?

I should have known better. You cannot answer a question with another question so yes I just quit reading. Thank you for proving me right though.

You did not ask a question, but I am.

It's a strange argument you're trying to have.

Very strange, it's useless discussing things with skimmers..... Another revisionist at work!

Who exactly is "outraged"? I sure am not.....

Skimming Indeed...

as this was my answer to your question in the next post.
"As for outrage... there seems to be a whole lot of angst about Sherman's comments in some of the posts made in just this thread, without even going back to the ones that popped here when the initial rant incident occurred."

It's still there for you to read.

Useless is right. You're trying so hard right now. Get a grip.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1k3jhsr3 said:
....So what is he trying to do? That's all I'm asking.

Sherman knows the end is in sight. He knows he has lost a step and the LOB is not what it once was. He knows Earl is near ready to tap out, Kam is playing less and less, and his chances of seeing another championship are getting down to the end of the script for him.
That all ties in with his anger toward coaches for that lost championship. I believe he is frustrated with Pete and his coordinators for the way that SB 49 ended, and it's coming out in all the wrong ways now.
The very thing that helped to make Sherman great, will eat him up as his skills diminish (pride, chip, drive). Yes, he is intellectually intelligent, but his over inflated sense of pride and self worth blind him into sounding very foolish at times. The more that one of those traits takes over, the less we all will see of the other.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":3gfrxvzr said:
Uncle Si":3gfrxvzr said:
He could be smarter, for sure (or he's being real smart... who knows).

I just don't feel the outrage over this that others do.

Who exactly is "outraged"? I sure am not. Sherman sure appears to be though. I would prefer he own up, live and learn, play football and act like a leader. Lies and denial will just prolong the scrutiny on him. Attacking the entire media in this manor is sure to get him additional bad press. He must want that if he "is so smart".
The poor poor media, such the victims.......... :roll:

Boo fricken' hooo! Time for the local sports media to put on their big boy pants and stop being such whiney little beotches.

Richard Sherman giving Moore the "red ass" was well deserved IMHO.

I care about what happens on the field, if some troglodyte sports radio reporter gets his feelings hurt after acting like a Richard Cranium, so be it!

lukerguy

Reaction score
I don't love the story. With that being said, was there ever any audio of the altercation? I think we need to give him the benefit of the doubt if there was no proof. He does seem to be a straight shooter.

Moreover, have you guys ever had your character spun publicly? I haven't, but I would imagine it could make a normal man a little crazy. These are strong, prideful men we are talking about. I don't condone his response, if true, but I think it takes a special person to try and put themselves in someone else's shoes for a minute.

Try putting yours in Richards...growing up in compton...beats the drug and gang odds...goes to Stanford. Gets told he'll never make it as a WR...left for dead by his head coach...fights through it to become a CB... gets overlooked in the draft... starts rookie season as 4th CB...Injuries propel him to 2nd CB, then 1st...then elite...

He rises to the top of his position the following few seasons...Then he starts to hear doubters about his play...the team seems to be falling..expectations are high...a reporter spins his character about play calling...and he has a moment of regret...I am sure glad my biggest regrets are not plastered all over the news.

Love you Richard, and grateful to have you in Seattle!

StoneCold

Reaction score
lukerguy":1s1gw5c8 said:
I don't love the story. With that being said, was there ever any audio of the altercation? I think we need to give him the benefit of the doubt if there was no proof. He does seem to be a straight shooter.

Moreover, have you guys ever had your character spun publicly? I haven't, but I would imagine it could make a normal man a little crazy. These are strong, prideful men we are talking about. I don't condone his response, if true, but I think it takes a special person to try and put themselves in someone else's shoes for a minute.

Try putting yours in Richards...growing up in compton...beats the drug and gang odds...goes to Stanford. Gets told he'll never make it as a WR...left for dead by his head coach...fights through it to become a CB... gets overlooked in the draft... starts rookie season as 4th CB...Injuries propel him to 2nd CB, then 1st...then elite...

He rises to the top of his position the following few seasons...Then he starts to hear doubters about his play...the team seems to be falling..expectations are high...a reporter spins his character about play calling...and he has a moment of regret...I am sure glad my biggest regrets are not plastered all over the news.

Love you Richard, and grateful to have you in Seattle!

There was audio and a dozen witnesses. I don't care if Richard wants to claim this didn't happen, but it did and that makes him a loon. Hope it doesn't affect the team and if it does I hope they trade him. I certainly have lost some respect for him and won't be inviting him to this years BBQ.

Seymour

Reaction score
lukerguy":gmpnrbnr said:
I don't love the story. With that being said, was there ever any audio of the altercation? I think we need to give him the benefit of the doubt if there was no proof. He does seem to be a straight shooter..........

Wow, you are really going to write all that without even reading the article written?? YES there is audio and more than one source. That is the entire discussion!

Let me help you since it's too much to ask to click the link.

Sherman’s exchange with Moore happened in front of a room full of reporters, who could hear what was said. It was also recorded by multiple media outlets.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":66psqh2y said:
He certainly is at odds with the media (as was Lynch) and isn't covering himself in glory.

It could be a simple as this, like Lynch Sherman feels compelled to be anti-establishment because of who he is and where he comes from.

If that means embellishing and changing facts to fall into line with the world is against Richard Sherman, than so be it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1eb43nzq said:
Uncle Si":1eb43nzq said:
He certainly is at odds with the media (as was Lynch) and isn't covering himself in glory.

It could be a simple as this, like Lynch Sherman feels compelled to be anti-establishment because of who he is and where he comes from.

If that means embellishing and changing facts to fall into line with the world is against Richard Sherman, than so be it.

I don't like his approach but I do think this is more in lines with his thinking.

Certainly could be wrong. I wish he'd choose better opportunities to address it then this though, as he was certainly wrong

hawkfan68

Reaction score
RS is frustrated and now is trying to save face. He loves the spotlight. It's who he is. When he was playing well nobody cared. He didn't have a great season and the Seahawk offense was to blame for most of the problems last season. There were games in which the Seahawks defense held teams to 14 or less and lost. I understand his frustration. I hope he gets it out of his system during the offseason (good time to vent and let it out) and gets his head straight by August.

Kam, as for his leadership. Many on here were saying the same things about him when he was holding out. What about being a leader then? Was that not a detriment and distraction to the team? Can't have it both ways. Many players have done things to cause a distraction.

ET is LOB. He makes the LOB go. Without ET there is no LOB.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":2ic5vv8y said:
Uncle Si":2ic5vv8y said:

Who exactly is "outraged"? I sure am not. Sherman sure appears to be though. I would prefer he own up, live and learn, play football and act like a leader. Lies and denial will just prolong the scrutiny on him. Attacking the entire media in this manor is sure to get him additional bad press. He must want that if he "is so smart".

Boo fricken' hooo! Time for the local sports media to put on their big boy pants and stop being such whiney little beotches.

I care about what happens on the field, if some troglodyte sports radio reporter gets his feelings hurt after acting like a Richard Cranium, so be it!

Mojambo

Reaction score
It's not about Jim Moore and the media.

It's about whether or not Richard Sherman still buys into Pete Carroll's program.

Personally I don't think he does. If that's the case, this is only going to get worse.

In completely unrelated news, Buffalo isn't going to franchise Stephon Gilmore...

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1bcmkgx3 said:
Ha. If y'all get worked up over stuff like this maybe go smash a bucket of golf balls?

Personally I could care less what Sherman says or does. If it becomes detrimental to the team then just trade his ass to Cleveland. Joe Thomas anyone?
Love to hit the balls man but some of us are in cold areas :irishdrinkers:

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2jei5usn said:
Seymour":2jei5usn said:
Uncle Si":2jei5usn said:

Yes, I saw it the first time. Are you going to copy and paste this into every new page for everyone to see over and over?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mojambo":2qaug8mt said:
It's not about Jim Moore and the media.

It's about whether or not Richard Sherman still buys into Pete Carroll's program.

Personally I don't think he does. If that's the case, this is only going to get worse.

In completely unrelated news, Buffalo isn't going to franchise Stephon Gilmore...
But yet it is......

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":2x1t3h84 said:
Sports Hernia":2x1t3h84 said:
Seymour":2x1t3h84 said:
Uncle Si":2x1t3h84 said:

Yes, I saw it the first time. Are you going to copy and paste this into every new page for everyone to see over and over?
Well by your response, it looked like you missed it the first time.

chris98251

Reaction score
So Sherman has an opinion, so he and Moore got into a verbal battle, big deal, did it change the weather? Your hours at work ? Whether your getting laid or not? How the restaurant you go to cooks your steak? The Price of Hamburger at the Supermarket ? Or Jim Moores Paycheck ? I vote the later, he will probably get more air time and more money over this.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Sherman has become a petulant POS. I loved him when it was just fun bravado and swagger, but now he's this moody loser who is incapable of just moving on from a situation in which he is so obviously wrong. Anyone who knows the details of this story know that Sherman is totally full of crap here.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2t5p16mm said:
Sherman has become a petulant POS. I loved him when it was just fun bravado and swagger, but now he's this moody loser who is incapable of just moving on from a situation in which he is so obviously wrong. Anyone who knows the details of this story know that Sherman is totally full of crap here.

I believe the explanation to be much more simple than even this. The man has yet to mature enough to handle these types of situations gracefully (everyone has their own timeline in this regard). His pride has overcome a more reasoned response to the media, well, doing what the media has always done. It's just that some players handle it better than others.