Sherman Doubles Down on Moore Argument

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":w7v35fn4 said:
Uncle Si":w7v35fn4 said:
"One thing I told the defense is that every game that we argue, every game where on the field it was a bunch of arguing, trying to fight the other team, we lost," Chancellor told Q13's Ian Furness. "I told them that humility sets in. You've got to remain poised. You've got to remain humble throughout all the battle."

"Fighting the other team outside of the whistle, that's when it takes away energy and it drains you," he said. "That stuff will drain you. You exert enough energy throughout the whistle. After the whistle it's just wasted energy, and that's what we need to cut out of our game."

Kam's quotes are attributed to Bennett after the Atlanta game and related directly to their play. Some connections (albeit indirect) between on field emotions and the impact on the game and off field ones.

Really? So he would refer to Bennett as "teammates"?

Disagree. He was talking to any teammates it applied to, which pretty obviously includes Sherman.

Point is. Kam believes the lack of disipline is affecting the team, and it passes the eye test as well IMO.

From the article you linked:

Chancellor didn't name names, but defensive end Michael Bennett, who suffered a serious knee injury in the teams' first matchup with Atlanta after Falcons tackle Jake Matthews hit him with a low block, was involved in a number of dustups after plays.

And I'm sure he was addressing the team's lack of discipline as a whole, as he said in the quotes I provided as well "One thing I told the defense..." It would be helpful to digest the whole post (including the 2nd quote) and not piece it together as you wish.

The quotes are clearly attributed to the team's play on the field, including specific incidences, and what the article writer believes was also specifically Bennett's on field behaviors towards Falcon players. Whether Sherman's rant with a reporter, or any of the players off field blow ups, has any impact (what this thread is about) is only assumed indirectly in Kam's quotes.

I'd like to believe that players could take a deeper meaning from his statements and that Kam was taking a more philosophical approach. However, it is assumption that Kam is addressing those issues in these quotes as well. He might and certainly it would be refreshing.

Seymour

Reaction score
Did you see the live after game interview on FOX?

I did and believe that was year ending game / and interview thoughts. What was said applied to the season as a whole. Certainly Bennett was a part of it, but also definitely not all of it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":14ftl9ey said:
Jeezus, lets draft the entire LOB (LOL now) replacements and be done with this.

Certainly time to start looking at the future in those positions. Although I imagine our current players are still considered very good.

Team needs a change in some areas. I'm not sure that side of the ball is the the primary focus though.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":3vb5rmul said:
Did you see the live after game interview on FOX?

I did and believe that was year ending game / and interview thoughts. What was said applied to the season as a whole. Certainly Bennett was a part of it, but also definitely not all of it.

I did not. Was just going off the article.

They are telling quotes, regardless of their direct or indirect targets. Team got battered a few times on the year and needs to regain its edge and focus.

Largent80

Reaction score
Uncle Si":17flylj8 said:
Largent80":17flylj8 said:

Certainly time to start looking at the future in those positions. Although I imagine our current players are still considered very good.

Team needs a change in some areas. I'm not sure that side of the ball is the the primary focus though.

Really?...Earl, coming off a hideous broken leg and he muttered retirement. Kam has not played a whole year in years and he can't keep hitting like he USED TO.

Shead?....torn ACL and wasn't good before that.

Lane?...What happened to him?....Regressed seriously.

Even Sherman looked vulnerable, however, all of then need to get a small pass from our anemic pass rush on the inside.

If we don't re-tool now in a deep draft at DB then we can shorten or "window".

Seymour

Reaction score
Largent80":1sqp3pth said:
Uncle Si":1sqp3pth said:
Largent80":1sqp3pth said:

Really?...Earl, coming off a hideous broken leg and he muttered retirement. Kam has not played a whole year in years and he can't keep hitting like he USED TO.

Shead?....torn ACL and wasn't good before that.

Lane?...What happened to him?....Regressed seriously.

Even Sherman looked vulnerable, however, all of then need to get a small pass from our anemic pass rush on the inside.

If we don't re-tool now in a deep draft at DB then we can shorten or "window".

That no doubt is part of the working / winning formula. But with other needs we may have to hope that Clark and "The Jeffersons" step up, and maybe turn Wagner lose a bit more?

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm not going to give the DB's the benefit of the doubt on pass rush.

Sherman mouths off about passing on the one, but how many times did his DB mates allow 3rd down conversions?

At some point a finger needs to go to the appropriate place.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":vm2wxqfi said:

Sherman mouths off about passing on the one, but how many times did his DB mates allow 3rd down conversions?

1st in D like four years in a row and what, 2nd this last year with all the injuries?

As I said, they should start looking to the future (and I'm sure will) there but it is not the most pressing need. You make it sound like you want them all replaced. That seems counter productive (and a different thread I imagine)

Seymour

Reaction score
Largent80":1g57hv8f said:

Or don't give up a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. His buddy "better skills than me (Tharold Simon)" was largely to thank for that.

Largent80

Reaction score
Uncle Si":jy73ycvx said:
Largent80":jy73ycvx said:

1st in D like four years in a row and what, 2nd this last year with all the injuries?

As I said, they should start looking to the future (and I'm sure will) there but it is not the most pressing need. You make it sound like you want them all replaced. That seems counter productive (and a different thread I imagine)

No. I said start replacing them. Do it now or we are

Does that help?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":3fww18ok said:
Uncle Si":3fww18ok said:
Largent80":3fww18ok said:

No. I said start replacing them. Do it now or we are

Does that help?

So really the same thing I said...

Great

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3u6oe3o4 said:
Sports Hernia":3u6oe3o4 said:
Seymour":3u6oe3o4 said:
Uncle Si":3u6oe3o4 said:
He could be smarter, for sure (or he's being real smart... who knows).

I just don't feel the outrage over this that others do.

Who exactly is "outraged"? I sure am not. Sherman sure appears to be though. I would prefer he own up, live and learn, play football and act like a leader. Lies and denial will just prolong the scrutiny on him. Attacking the entire media in this manor is sure to get him additional bad press. He must want that if he "is so smart".
The poor poor media, such the victims.......... :roll:

Boo fricken' hooo! Time for the local sports media to put on their big boy pants and stop being such whiney little beotches.

Richard Sherman giving Moore the "red ass" was well deserved IMHO.

I care about what happens on the field, if some troglodyte sports radio reporter gets his feelings hurt after acting like a Richard Cranium, so be it!

Regardless of how you feel about the media or Moore, Sherman had no right to threaten Moore........and then lie about it?

This is not on Moore or the media, this is 100% Sherman and his inability to swallow a little pride and accept responsibility for being a jerk.

If Sherman had 10 picks last year and kicked ass on the field, then I'd even be open to the "well that's how Richard's wired and what makes him a great player, having a chip on his shoulder and me against the world" mentality.

But he didn't, he had a down year and was a pain in the ass, so that narrative doesn't fly with me anymore. If you're gonna bring a bunch of nonsense to the team, then you better back it up on the field.
I really don't give 2 squirts if Sherm or anyone else gives any member of the Seattle sports media "the red ass".
Could Sherm have handled himself better, absolutely. Could the Seattle sports media members handled themselves better? Hell Yes!!! If you'll notice the crux of the matter and the elephant in the room that no one is talking about, here and on Sports Radio is if you are a fan of Darrell Bevell you are outraged at Sherm and his actions, if you are not a fan of DB, you don't think its a big deal.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1faroxem said:
I really don't give 2 squirts if Sherm or anyone else gives any member of the Seattle sports media "the red ass".
Could Sherm have handled himself better, absolutely. Could the Seattle sports media members handled themselves better? Hell Yes!!! If you'll notice the crux of the matter and the elephant in the room that no one is talking about, here and on Sports Radio is if you are a fan of Darrell Bevell you are outraged at Sherm and his actions, if you are not a fan of DB, you don't think its a big deal.

I do not care for Bevell at all but don't think this has much to do with him personally. It's a right from wrong issue and a lesson for Sherm that he needs to take a step below god for a moment and look at the best way to handle a crappy situation. The first time Sherm went off it was on his own D coordinator, so to me this is a matter of Sherm believing he is just stuck with inferior people around him and then he lets it boil over into creating an even worse situation.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":39mj1h7q said:
Sports Hernia":39mj1h7q said:

I do not care for Bevell at all but don't think this has much to do with him personally. It's a right from wrong issue and a lesson for Sherm that he needs to take a step below god for a moment and look at the best way to handle a crappy situation. The first time Sherm went off it was on his own D coordinator, so to me this is a matter of Sherm believing he is just stuck with inferior people around him and then he lets it boil over into creating an even worse situation.
Your last sentence is probably spot on..... but I agree with Sherm on inferior part (see both Coords) if he does actually think that. 2 of the weakest links on this team reside at the coordinator positions IMHO.

If I'm Sherm, I would stop talking to the media period, and let the sports media rubes in this town have an aneurism over that.

irocdave

Reaction score
We all think Sherman is very intelligent and he thinks he is as well. Maybe he isn't as smart as we , and he, think he is? I think this is the case. I have a younger brother that has a abnormally high IQ. Yes, he is smart in certain situations, but severely lacking in others, like trustworthiness and accuracy relaying facts.

I think this is the case for RS. It has been totally evident the media can spin things however they want, but people with common sense will call BS on it when they see it. All political debate aside, look at this years presidential election. Most people are not buying the spin.

The entire debacle about RS's outburst and refusal to apologize brings to my mind this from my child hood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwkU8-d1gIk

RS just cant let his ego go and say I am sorry. Period, end of story. He will some day.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Whooooo cares?? Y'all sound like a bunch of girls sharing gossip in the ladies room.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":wnnq7l4r said:
Whooooo cares?? Y'all sound like a bunch of girls sharing gossip in the ladies room.

You should care, as Si quoted Kam, these kinds of distractions matter to how the defense plays.

I don't want someone like Sherman causing distractions that may affect our play on the field. It's as simple as that.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1rnh6a56 said:
HawKnPeppa":1rnh6a56 said:

You should care, as Si quoted Kam, these kinds of distractions matter to how the defense plays.

I don't want someone like Sherman causing distractions that may affect our play on the field. It's as simple as that.

While i agree that it is a topic worth discussing... Kam's quotes are about on field distractions. The rest was supposition and conjecture. Seymour believes from watching the interview he was speaking in more general and philosophical terms. Can't disagree as I did not see it. And truthfully, while I kind of doubt Kam has that sort of reach, I hope it is what he meant.

Either way... I think it is up for debate whether RS' beef with the reporter has any on field impact. It may in the future though. Really doesn't matter what Kam was referencing, his words can be applied to either in the long run.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3tghsbv0 said:
Sgt. Largent":3tghsbv0 said:
HawKnPeppa":3tghsbv0 said:

While i agree that it is a topic worth discussing... Kam's quotes are about on field distractions. The rest was supposition and conjecture. Seymour believes from watching the interview he was speaking in more general and philosophical terms. Can't disagree as I did not see it. And truthfully, while I kind of doubt Kam has that sort of reach, I hope it is what he meant.

Either way... I think it is up for debate whether RS' beef with the reporter has any on field impact. It may in the future though. Really doesn't matter what Kam was referencing, his words can be applied to either in the long run.

For sure this is all a philosophical discussion, the word "distraction" like I said is not something you can quantify.

But just from Kam's statement you quoted, of who as a player and composed leader of the defense I have a tremendous amount of respect for? It matters, all of it matters.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Mojambo":7igh2ene said:
Repeated rule 1 violator.

Carroll can't be thrilled with this. Too bad their depth in the secondary is in shambles or I'd want them to be shopping him.
1 and 2.

Latest posts