Shermans Sideline Outburst

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
xgeoff":13ljidb1 said:
Personally, I loved this whole episode. I loved the passion and drive to be perfect that Richard Sherman displayed. And I loved the way the team rallied around him chanting 'who's got your back? I've got your back!'.

The team culture that this vignette captures is amazing and something that I just sit back, admire, and appreciate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like any player who's passionate and wants to win more than others. But sorry, I don't like Sherman getting into it with Kam and anyone else who stepped in his way for a solid 5 minutes.

How's this different than Dez going off on Romo or OBJ freaking out on a kicking net?

I'm not worried, this group of players is as tight as they come. But no, not a fan of that outburst yesterday.

Tical21

Reaction score
Everrything I've seen and heard makes it sound like Sherman was playing a different coverage than anyone else. I can't, however, come to terms with the smartest DB in the league making those types of mistakes. I dunno.

HommyHawk

Reaction score
For 25 to be that pissed he obviously was disrespected.That makes me wonder if he wanted to shadow the martian and was told it wasn't needed.He is a shut down corner let him show it.He sets qbs up but that takes multiple plays in a row.our DC better eat sum member berries.smh

mistaowen

Reaction score
HommyHawk":3h4kt3px said:
For 25 to be that pissed he obviously was disrespected.That makes me wonder if he wanted to shadow the martian and was told it wasn't needed.He is a shut down corner let him show it.He sets qbs up but that takes multiple plays in a row.our DC better eat sum member berries.smh

You PC bro?

xgeoff

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":182xcmbd said:
xgeoff":182xcmbd said:
Personally, I loved this whole episode. I loved the passion and drive to be perfect that Richard Sherman displayed. And I loved the way the team rallied around him chanting 'who's got your back? I've got your back!'.

The team culture that this vignette captures is amazing and something that I just sit back, admire, and appreciate.

I like any player who's passionate and wants to win more than others. But sorry, I don't like Sherman getting into it with Kam and anyone else who stepped in his way for a solid 5 minutes.

How's this different than Dez going off on Romo or OBJ freaking out on a kicking net?

I'm not worried, this group of players is as tight as they come. But no, not a fan of that outburst yesterday.

You can be displeased with Sherm's rant on the sideline, but you should still be psyched about the way the team rallied around him. Have you ever seen team elan like that? Who stepped in to let Dez know that they were with him? Nobody, that's who! Who stepped in to support OBJ? NOBODY!!!

This isn't necessarily about Sherm (though *I* like his passion) but about how the team reacted. What was inspirational to me about this was the whole defense jumping and shouting 'I HAVE YOUR BACK!'.

There was only one thing I've ever seen to compare with this. In Buffalo after Scott Norwood missed a 47yd field goal to win the game, the team had a rally at City Hall. The crowd was chanting 'Scotty, Scotty!'. Norwood came out and the crowd cheered him passionately. They were telling him 'WE HAVE YOUR BACK!, no matter what'.

And let me tell you, if Seahawks fans think they know heartbreak, I am here to tell you that you don't know heartbreak until you're a Bills fan. I'm a Seahawks fan by choice and a Bills fan by birth. The frustration of 4 straight Super Bowl losses is soul crushing.

The reaction of the Seahawks' defense to the adversity that they were facing speaks volumes about the character of this team and the culture of the locker room. To me it represented the best of what we as people are capable of.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":19ky68vh said:
xgeoff":19ky68vh said:

Would be cause for more concern if it was standard behavior. Occasional air clearing is a good thing, but as your examples of Dez and Obie Wan show, can go to far.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Tical21":1xrex2nb said:
Everrything I've seen and heard makes it sound like Sherman was playing a different coverage than anyone else. I can't, however, come to terms with the smartest DB in the league making those types of mistakes. I dunno.

I heard the same thing. Has to be a communication problem as opposed to Sherman making an outright mistake. Hope we hear more about this it's a great inside look at how the D operates. But we probably won't.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
StoneCold":93zzcfea said:
Tical21":93zzcfea said:

I heard the same thing. Has to be a communication problem as opposed to Sherman making an outright mistake. Hope we hear more about this it's a great inside look at how the D operates. But we probably won't.

There is actually a track record here.

If we recall the substitution errors (2-3 per game) that were occurring when Richard took over as DC, it appears there is a history here. There are some communication problems that have been a serious liability and will contribute directly to losses. My hope is that Sherm's outburst will prompt change, as these problems will only further be exposed and taken advantage of in the playoffs.

Jville

Reaction score
Sheil Kapadia's take on it >>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/22593/see-what-caused-richard-sherman-to-explode-vs-the-falcons[/urltargetblank]

McGruff

Reaction score
Jville":cx7ai8mu said:
Sheil Kapadia's take on it >>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/22593/see-what-caused-richard-sherman-to-explode-vs-the-falcons[/urltargetblank]

I've got wonder, if it was McCray's "miscommunication" why did 6 out of 7 defenders play it right, and only SHerman played it wrong?

But on another note . . . this . . .

By my count, Sherman was on Jones for 30 of 46 coverage snaps. On those plays, when Matt Ryan targeted Jones, he went 3-for-5 for 40 yards and an interception. But Jones had a monster game overall with seven catches for 139 yards and a touchdown.

On 30 snaps against Sherman, Julio had 3 catches for 40 yards and an interception.

On 16 snaps against others, Julio had 4 catches for for 99 yards and a TD (which may have been Sherman's fault).

So regardless of what happened on that play, Sherman has a point if he was screaming for one on one coverage.

A

Anonymous

NFSeahawks628":4pwiarme said:
I'm not gona pull any punches, that was some mental midget shit going on there for a while. What makes it worse is doing it during a game, then blowing coverage on the following drive.

He played great in the first half and then disappeared in the second, he was fortunate that last play didn't draw a penalty.

Earl played fantastic, good to see him back.

Team needs to figure out there schemes and know what they are running before the play. I feel like this shouldn't be a problem?

Fun Fact:

The "NFSeahawks628" Signature pic is some of the finest workmanship this camper has seen in a very long time.

And I've see a LOT of shit in my day.

rsz_1doug.png

With regard to the Sherman "outburst":

There are several things one sees when viewing the sidelines and player activities thereof during a football contest that become newsworthy after the fact. Dez Bryant rants being a good example. This particular occurrence was probably better seen by those physically present at the CLink, than us TV-viewer types 1700+ miles away at the time, but I'm more interested in the outcome that outburst yielded in getting the team fired up, than I am of why and how it occurred in the first place.

These are rare for Sherm, and it was timely, and that's all I have to say about it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":117blpeh said:
I'm more interested in the outcome that outburst yielded in getting the team fired up, than I am of why and how it occurred in the first place.

With this, I couldn't agree more. Too many times, you see the outburst on the sideline divide a team or at least some of the teammates, but what we saw was a team rally around him and turn it completely around. Playing with emotion is what these guys do. When you are emotionally charged, a lot of good can happen, and sometimes some bad will come out of it as well, but when you see a team react the way we did on that sideline on Sunday, I, for one, can only see how much of a team and a "brotherhood" this defense is to one another. I found it to be a positive experience in the end.

Jville

Reaction score
McGruff":qkze1prj said:
Jville":qkze1prj said:

I've got wonder, if it was McCray's "miscommunication" why did 6 out of 7 defenders play it right, and only SHerman played it wrong?

But on another note . . . this . . .

By my count, Sherman was on Jones for 30 of 46 coverage snaps. On those plays, when Matt Ryan targeted Jones, he went 3-for-5 for 40 yards and an interception. But Jones had a monster game overall with seven catches for 139 yards and a touchdown.

On 30 snaps against Sherman, Julio had 3 catches for 40 yards and an interception.

On 16 snaps against others, Julio had 4 catches for for 99 yards and a TD (which may have been Sherman's fault).

So regardless of what happened on that play, Sherman has a point if he was screaming for one on one coverage.

My take is that it takes two for a communication link. So both had a communication issue to resolve. Sherman is the (far more) experienced starter shouldering team leadership responsibilities. I think of Sherman's outburst as a temporary lapse in poise and composure. Although the experience serves as an object lesson, I'm sure it bothers him.

I think the 2016 team will benefit from the learning experience.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/788832031715135488[/tweet]

Also >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.hawkblogger.com/2016/10/micd-nfl-deliberately-edited-different-play-remove-julios-penalty-richard-sherman.html[/urltargetblank]

Latest posts