Should a team trade a #1 for RG3

HawkWow

Reaction score
byau":qext2usm said:
Another question: do you keep Coach Gruden or the QB?

You might as well be asking "do you keep the owner or Griffin" (?), Byau.

Only a handful of coaches in the league have the juice to do what Gruden has done over the past few weeks. Gruden's not one of them. He is merely Snyder's mouthpiece in this. With that, we can safely assume Griffin will be dealt. Though I'm sure a generous portion of the fan base would keep Griffin over Snyder.

byau

Reaction score
HawkWow":82bo5ydg said:
byau":82bo5ydg said:

Only a handful of coaches in the league have the juice to do what Gruden has done over the past few weeks. Gruden's not one of them. He is merely Snyder's mouthpiece in this. With that, we can safely assume Griffin will be dealt. Though I'm sure a generous portion of the fan base would keep Griffin over Snyder.

Hmm.

I was under the impression that it would be more "keep the owner or Gruden". I thought Griffin was the owner's favorite and if anything Gruden would have a hard time getting the Owner to finally come around to possibly getting rid of Griffin.

Apologies if I have my facts mixed up.

Either way, if you go by the recent press conferences, a QB is not supposed to throw his team under the bus. And a coach isn't supposed to throw his Franchise QB under the bus.

There are a lot of things wrong out in DC

But hey, no one seems to be talking about the controversial name anymore if you've noticed :D

HawkWow

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3hr3fw1c said:
RG3 is the next coming of Rick Mirer.

With the exception of trade value, perhaps. We were fortunate the Bears were dumber than us when it came to Mirer. The Skins will never find anyone dumber than the Skins (unless it's us). But if I had to choose between the 2...I'd take Mirer 100 x out of 100 over Griffin. No question.

HawkWow

Reaction score
byau":m2yd7nfj said:
HawkWow":m2yd7nfj said:
byau":m2yd7nfj said:

Hmm.

I was under the impression that it would be more "keep the owner or Gruden". I thought Griffin was the owner's favorite and if anything Gruden would have a hard time getting the Owner to finally come around to possibly getting rid of Griffin.

Apologies if I have my facts mixed up.

Either way, if you go by the recent press conferences, a QB is not supposed to throw his team under the bus. And a coach isn't supposed to throw his Franchise QB under the bus.

There are a lot of things wrong out in DC

But hey, no one seems to be talking about the controversial name anymore if you've noticed :D

LOL..They owe that to Griffin.

I have no way of knowing for sure, but I'd lay 3-1 odds that Snyder has learned the hard way about his one time pet. Gruden's job is just a bit more secure than Griffin's. And I say that only because Griffin doesn't have one. No way is Gruden going to piss off Snyder coming off the year the Skins have had. It hasn't all been Griffin's fault and reports suggest Gruden was losing the Locker room. Much of that because of him playing Griffin over Colt. Certainly Gruden grabbed a couple respected vets and they had a sit down with Snyder. I would guess after that sit down, Snyder said "get him out of here and humiliate him a bit along the way". And I could be wrong.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I think an third round pick is realistic and likely. I also agree with someone above that the Cards and Rams are two options that honestly make a lot of sense. How interesting would it be to see him on the Rams eventually?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
"Should a team trade a number 1 pick for RG3"

Hell no. RG3 has not progressed one bit since he came into the NFL, and to add to that he's become a bit of a prima donna.as an NFL player. The fame and fortune has really gotten to his head, at Baylor he seemed like an outstanding young man, and great person. His character is one thing that I thought wouldn't be a concern in the NFL, but it turns out it is.

RG3 also sorely lacks decision making skills. He runs like a running back when he is slight of frame. He finishes most of his runs by lowering his shoulder and dishing punishment on the defenders. His body was not made for that kind of abuse. When he throws the ball he locks onto his receiver, he doesn't really go through his progressions, if his first read is take away he'll just take off and run, and get the crap kicked out of him in the process. I could go on but I'll stop there. The most I'd pay for RG3 is a 5th, and a small bag of doritos.

CPHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":8pip6g91 said:
The Rams should trade a 7th for him. They're in need of a QB. :x

Then they could have two overpaid China dolls at Qb. Maybe they could get 10 games a year out of them both combined, before staring Hill.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
He needs a coach that has proven he can bring along a young QB and he needs a veteran like a hasslebeck that can teach him the ropes. Salvageable but only with the right people around him. With that established there's no way he's worth anything more than a 4th rounder.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The Rams need a QB. It would be fitting for them to spend a first round pick on Bob. Although, it doesn't matter how much talent the Rams bring in, Fisher will still lead the team to a losing record.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Throwdown":1segiika said:
I think you can take Jacksonville out of that, they're invested in Bortles.

i hope for RGIII's sake he gets dealt from Washington for numerous reasons. I'm not ready yet to say he's a bust either so, you know.
He'd have to have a HOF career in Washington for him not to be a bust. I think he needs to go someplace where he doesn't have THE DEAL on his history (and all the questions about whether they're starting him because of it) and earn his spot on some team's roster.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":kot43nun said:
RG3 is the next coming of Rick Mirer.
Wow I was just thinking the other day that he reminds me of Mirer..Roy then a bust..I doubt he will ever be anything
again..No team is going to give them a 1 straight up...