Should I feel guilty for not going to games?

Riley12

Reaction score
AgentDib":27gqdrpd said:
Obviously guilt is not a factor here.

That's the description that has me confused as well. Why "guilt"?

To avoid another Vetamur hissy fit, I'll avoid any further analysis, but the OP should do what they want to do without remorse or guilt.

For some, sitting in a bar or at home is the ultimate experience. I've barely reached the point where I can watch games on TV without pacing and yelling, so I very much like going to the games.

There have been moments in Seahawks Stadium that have transcended joy, it is the place closest to anything I would consider a house of worship, and the folks that I sit with and among are truly my Sunday family.

Back when I would sell a few tickets here and there to friends or my wife's coworkers, it was a gut wrenching experience. Now, I try and make sure I have access to at least a seat somewhere in the stadium before parting with my usual pair. I feel "guilty" for not being at the games, I guess, and supporting the team however much I can.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I try to go to a game every year. Unfortunately this year I can't make it happen. I live in Spokane, so it is usually a weekend commitment to attend a game. I even took my wife to a game in Miami on our honeymoon. She wasn't a fan then but won't miss a game now. If I could afford season tickets, i would do it in a heartbeat. My situation just doesn't warrant it.
The game a year I usually go to is monumental to me. There is nothing like meandering your way to the stadium as part of a river of 12's. At first a trickle, and as you near the stadium, a fully raging river of Seahawk clad blue bretheren and sisteran. Nothing gets the senses flowing more on game day. And that is before entering the game day experience inside. Everything everywhere is Seahawks themed and oriented. Its what it must be like to wait at the pearly gates to be opened to heaven. And then, there is the moment when you enter inside the stadium and get your first glimpse of the field and players warming up for the game. The way it makes me feel every time is, I am home and these are my people.
Watching a game at home is enjoyable for completely different reasons.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Guilty? No.

Regretful? Yes. This is turning out to be a historic season. Due to the salary cap, we might not ever experience this again. I am very regretful I can't make it to games, but I won't do it at the expense of my family. Then, the guilt kicks in that I don't make enough money, heh.

drrew

Reaction score
Had season tickets for about 5 years, gave them up after tailgating was essentially killed due to the viaduct project. Loved hanging out before the game, grilling something up, drinking way too much, it's just not the same sitting in Showbox Sodo before the game.

I gave up my UW tickets for the same reason. I'm never going to be a big time Tyee donor, so there's no hope parking in the main UW lot anymore.

For me, the pre-game activities were a big part of what made the events worth the cost.

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I remember the years when I was single and no kids (long long ago) and going to games. But even more fun (and economical) was gathering at the local pub/tavern/watering-hole for the game.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I think the one game I went to was on the 35 yard line about 6 rows up. I could see the cheerleaders pretty dang well. I could also see Alexanders shoelaces...but only if the cheerleader moved out of the way. LOL

SeaTown81

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3mkv9bh3 said:
Nope. If you don't wanna be there, leave the seat for a 12 who does.

:13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13:

Inspector

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with watching at home.

I went to one pre-season practice and one game this year. I've also hit a tavern or two for games.

I've enjoyed the games at home in my chair the most. It's cheaper (on a budget) and more comfortable. I have a DVR so I can review plays as I like. The view of the game is generally better. It's a huge time savings. As I get older it seems I hate to waste time more and more. I don't have to find parking or commute 60 miles round trip. I can watch the post game show if I feel like it.

I listen to the games in 7.1 surround with 9 speakers and a very nice audio system. My TV could be bigger, but it will do. It will be upgraded someday.

It's always nice to be home when they win. My next door neighbor is a rabid whiner's fan. He hates me anyway. He hates everyone. When we win I enjoy that he knows it! It's really great to be home on a day that we win and the whiner's lose... When they lose, his shirt and hat come off.

There's no place like home, there's no place like home.

Canhawks

Reaction score
Obviously one can't match the feeling of being there live,but I was at the Bucs sitting at the very TOP row and must admit I said to myself I could see the game MUCH better at home in front of my 11 foot screen.Still,I like to make to effort to see one game a year.......GO :icon_new:

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
If they couldn't sell out the stadium, yes. But since they sell it out easily, don't worry about it.

ATL_FALCON

Reaction score
Guilty is a strong word to use. It is just entertainment so no you shouldn't; but like others have said there is positives about both. While yes watching a game at home with all the snacks lazy football fans could desire on a Sunday is great, there is nothing like being in a stadium with thousands of like minded people going through all the ups and downs of a football game together.People you had no prior knowledge of, you are now conversing with, high fiving, hugging etc etc.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No, you shouldn't feel guilty for not going to a football game...........but you should feel guilty for eating that entire box of Ding Dongs Monday night after your wife went to bed.

Appleegg1

Reaction score
Go to the game. Then be productive by coming home and watching the game from your dvr.
IMHO, you just can't analyze the good me from your experience in the stadium. I personally rewatch the 30 minute condensed versions of the games 2 or 3 times just to watch specific players or positions, especially the interior line.

BGHawk

Reaction score
I get it..I love to go to the games but,. its so dang expensive. I watch the games by myself, wearing all my gear...4 paces to the fridge, 6 paces to the bathroom..no crowds. I do miss being around other Hawk fans

SonicHawk

Reaction score
If you're a real fan you know it. Good or bad you're supporting this team. Having a ticket to the game doesn't mean you're a better fan. There are plenty of people I know who have season tickets who use it as a status symbol more than because they are a fan.