Should the NFL fine Jeff Fisher???

253hawk

Reaction score
Nothing will be done, but it should be looked at. This wasn't just one or two players being dicks. The whole team was a disgrace to sportsmanship and that falls on Fisher and the rest of the coaches. Once for not squashing out that type of behavior from within, and once again for doing nothing about it during a game which continued to spiral out of control on a behavioral front.

It was so bad it was seriously like something out of The Last Yard or Any Given Sunday. Completely ridiculous.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
There have been numerous times that a team playing the Seahawks have been so focused on seeming tough, physical and settling scores that its damaged their ability to win the game. The Redskins did this last year in the playoffs. The Seahawks are arrogant, physical and antagonizing and draw this behavior out of teams. Fisher wants them playing on that edge that the Seahawks do, where they play right up to the whistle and play physical. There was a good year and a half in 2011 and 2012 where the Seahawks were the team getting those penalties, maybe not in that high of number, but it happened, a lot. I think wanting Fisher to get fined is ridiculous, the Seahawks poked them and poked them and the Rams bit on it repeatedly. It is what it is.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
253hawk":vbjmbypa said:
Nothing will be done, but it should be looked at. This wasn't just one or two players being dicks. The whole team was a disgrace to sportsmanship and that falls on Fisher and the rest of the coaches. Once for not squashing out that type of behavior from within, and once again for doing nothing about it during a game which continued to spiral out of control on a behavioral front.

It was so bad it was seriously like something out of The Last Yard or Any Given Sunday. Completely ridiculous.

They earned that ass whuppin' they got.
Too much bullshit by another Fisher team.
Got to wonder how long he'll be Coaching the Rams, because it's obvious that he hasn't learned a damned thing from his Coaching with the Titans.
Playing MORE penalty free games, and taking control of HIS players, would probably have gotten him more wins than letting them keep taking cheap shots.
You'll never convince me that Fisher is a good Coach, the Rams have some damned good players that need better leadership.

drdiags

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":348cu6gf said:
What do I expect? I expect professionalism from so-called professionals, that's what. Play hard, take legit shots. But cut the after-the-play crap. And sure as hell don't *coach* your players to take endless, endless cheapos, which is something Fisher's teams seem to always do. It's pretty obvious they were trying to injure Tate, and for the most part, the referees allowed them to do it.

I don't really see how a fine is going to factor in, but that crap's got to stop. It's stupid and useless and makes the game/product crappier. Like I said in a couple threads now, if the refs would have called just a couple appropriate 15s on the Rams early (y'know, like the one you mentioned against Kam) it never would have gotten to the point that it did.

Well if your player doesn't show respect, no one is going to take the showmanship and let it go. I know you watch baseball. Tell me they don't retaliate. Just let it go and let the Rams deal with their own problems. The Seahawks are no choir boys. Once intimidation is no longer part of the game, then you can have your legit shots and professionalism, as you call it. Bill Romanowski, Lyle Alzado, should I go on? This is something that just allows folks to act like they have been a victim.

This crap goes both ways.

And the Kam shot was early in the 1st quarter and was a stupid penalty that extended a drive.

Exittium

Reaction score
that collision with our lob in the end zone? I could have sworn A rams player came in an hit sherman right as they all hit the ground... look at the 17-20 sec marks
[youtube]p-64WkXmUVU[/youtube]

You can see a player coming in and "falling" really just lunging himself at sherman
Just a video i grabbed from youtube since I didn't save this on my dvr thanks to it not working atm.

Edit: Also I used to have some respect for fisher but, I lost that when he didn't even issue any a$$chewing or prevent his players from playing on such a lowlife type of level.

Edit: As well take note on how he just happens to land without anyone pushing him shoulder 1st on shermans already nagging hip.. I have no respect for players, coaches, or organizations who allow this crap, encourage it or don't stop it. Especially a blank faced fisher while it all went down.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
No. They should take his wife and children.

I watched a show about him in his off season. Likes to fly fish in Montana with his sons. Seems like a great guy.

Mjolnir

Reaction score
The Rams played with intensity and emotion. Sometimes that spills over and the players SHOULD be accountable for them. I agree with the talking heads during the broadcast: some players just need to be ejected. That's how you control the cheap shots.

But I will definitely not demonize the intensity the Rams brought. Our team seems like it needs a bit more of that intensity on offense. We need an attitude on that OL. We need to be maulers.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Games are gonna happen where things get chippy, but the Rams were out to hurt someone. They were totally targeting Tate, Tate's going to be sore in the morning lol.

Bush League bull spit is all that was, at least the 49ers never tried that garbage on us I think we can all respect that, and that both teams leave it on the field, even though things do get chippy here and there. It's nothing like what those punks the Rams did, I hope they never prosper not just because I really hate that franchise as a whole, but because they were trying to hurt my guys on my team.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Exittium":1j3t1kg3 said:
that collision with our lob in the end zone? I could have sworn A rams player came in an hit sherman right as they all hit the ground... look at the 17-20 sec marks
[youtube]p-64WkXmUVU[/youtube]

You can see a player coming in and "falling" really just lunging himself at sherman
Just a video i grabbed from youtube since I didn't save this on my dvr thanks to it not working atm.

Edit: Also I used to have some respect for fisher but, I lost that when he didn't even issue any a$$chewing or prevent his players from playing on such a lowlife type of level.

Edit: As well take note on how he just happens to land without anyone pushing him shoulder 1st on shermans already nagging hip.. I have no respect for players, coaches, or organizations who allow this crap, encourage it or don't stop it. Especially a blank faced fisher while it all went down.

This play happened right below me, the rams wr dove late because earl and sherman had just knocked themselves out, the ball was still airborne for a second and rolling on bodies and the guy was trying to make a play. I saw him flying in and was terrified he'd catch it.

Or, we could just say its a dirty play and Fisher is evil if thats easier.

chris98251

Reaction score
I didn't see intent there for a hit, if there was the guy doing it sure is lousy at targetting and blocking. I see the collision and the fall out of three guys trying to be at the same place at the same time.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If their game plan was to get all these personal fouls then I laugh at them even more. Because they basically handed our struggling offense everything they needed to score.

Thanks, Rams!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Gregg Williams used to his coordinator and they called the field they played on in Houston "The House of Pain" Can't remember if Gregg was DC then, but they did have a focus on hits.

253hawk

Reaction score
If it were possible to have multiple penalties per down, the Rams would have had more penalty yards on the day than they did total offense.

Also, three penalties being offset by one on the other team is utter BS.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm quite certain that Fisher or someone on his staff probably aired Tate's taunt from earlier in the season and made it a point of emphasis to target him. To me, it looked like the Vikings vs. Saints game where the Saints D had a bounty on Favre. Couldn't have been more transparent.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
ivotuk":2cu1ibge said:
Gregg Williams used to his coordinator and they called the field they played on in Houston "The House of Pain" Can't remember if Gregg was DC then, but they did have a focus on hits.

It wasn't the House of Pain when Fisher was around. That was back when Glanville was running the show, then Pardee with Buddy Ryan as D Coordinator. Glanville went to Atlanta and coached teams with a similar..temperament.

chris98251

Reaction score
Fisher was coached by Ryan as a Bear if that tells you anything. Oh and a guy named Ditka I think was there as well.

ivotuk

Reaction score
seahawk2k":1dbv2pp2 said:
ivotuk":1dbv2pp2 said:

It wasn't the House of Pain when Fisher was around. That was back when Glanville was running the show, then Pardee with Buddy Ryan as D Coordinator. Glanville went to Atlanta and coached teams with a similar..temperament.

Thanks for the correction, my memory isn't so good these days :th2thumbs: