Should the NFL fine Jeff Fisher???

RiverDog

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1xk0bdyb said:
I'm quite certain that Fisher or someone on his staff probably aired Tate's taunt from earlier in the season and made it a point of emphasis to target him. To me, it looked like the Vikings vs. Saints game where the Saints D had a bounty on Favre. Couldn't have been more transparent.

I didn't see any cheap shots on Tate. He took a lot of vicious hits, but you have to keep in mind that he got more touches than anyone else on our team besides Beast with 8 receptions and 2 punt returns.

But there was a lot of talk about a payback prior to the game, and considering the way the game played out with all the personal fouls assessed against the Rams, I think it is something the league should look into.

sutz

Reaction score
If they could find any real evidence of another 'bountygate,' yeah. But I doubt they would find anything.

chris98251

Reaction score
He sure was taking some hard shots and even when the ball wasn't going his way players were going after him.

RiverDog

Reaction score
chris98251":ig0rqsff said:
He sure was taking some hard shots and even when the ball wasn't going his way players were going after him.

Yea, but nothing illegal. Our secondary roughs up receivers pretty good, too (see Kam Chancellor).

But the game was out of control IMO. The league needs to talk to the officiating crew and get a sense of what happened out there. Ever hear of a PF called "verbal abuse of a referee"?

Atradees

Reaction score
The Rams felt burned by Tate's performance and the talk afterward from the last game.

I kinda saw the Rams play the Niners the same way and the announcers said, "These guys have developed a bitter rivalry."

Look its all they have to look forward to. They play dirty. Jeff Fischer is a career like what? A .500 coach?

253hawk

Reaction score
Jesus christ what a meltdown. I don't even...this is just disgusting. And this is just the stuff that was caught and called. If anything the NFL should ask Fisher WTF kind of show he's running out there. Absolutely inexcusable.

E.Sims, Unnecessary Roughness
R.Armstrong, Illegal Block Above the Waist
C.Reynolds, Unnecessary Roughness
R.Armstrong, Unnecessary Roughness
J.Laurinaitis, Taunting
A.Ogletree, Unnecessary Roughness
A.Ogletree, Unsportsmanlike Conduct
K.Langford, Disqualification
K.Langford, Unsportsmanlike Conduct
R.Armstrong, Unsportsmanlike Conduct (verbal abuse of an official)
D.Stewart, Unsportsmanlike Conduct

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
The 3 penalties in a row that took us to the one were hilarious. Instead of fining Fisher he should get a bonus.

RiverDog

Reaction score
blue 22":32zxb9l3 said:
we wont see em again till next year. who cares?

Player safety. The league has made a huge statement about protecting players and cannot condone a goon squad like what Fischer's Rams are beginning to turn into. They need to hold coaches accountable for the behavior of their players, a precedent that was established in the Bounty Gate scandal.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I don't think Fisher will be or should be fined. He does need to have a reprimand from the commissioner, league, owner, etc. The behavior and amount of unsportsmanlike conduct is inexcusable.

Either that or a bonus for perhaps obtaining the record for most unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in one game.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The Rams are what happens when you try to manufacture toughness on an opponent's field. They're fakers, when it comes down to it, and with Fisher at the helm, that's all they'll ever be.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
RiverDog":id8bxhcr said:
chris98251":id8bxhcr said:

Yea, but nothing illegal. Our secondary roughs up receivers pretty good, too (see Kam Chancellor).

But the game was out of control IMO. The league needs to talk to the officiating crew and get a sense of what happened out there. Ever hear of a PF called "verbal abuse of a referee"?
Don't know what he said, but have a pretty good idea anyway. The call was cause he went and spit at the ref.

dunceface

Reaction score
I don't think Fischer deserves a fine for this game because the bitch slap that Tate gave them on the field was punishment enough! lol LATER HATERS

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
OneLofaTatupu":1iyfyl4t said:
That's on the officials to control the game - and they did a poor job of it.

They tagged the Rams with 3 penalties in one instance TWICE and called more personal fouls than I can remember. Refs can do what they can, but if players are going to act out, they can't prevent it.

Fisher shouldn't get fined, those are grown men on the field. I seriously doubt they were instructed to rack up 100 yards in avoidable penalties.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I will say that I thought the Rams players were doing a lot of leading with their helmets; spearing guys when they were on the ground and such.

They were definately out to injure Seahawks players. I think it's pretty shitty honestly......you have a team playing for a #1 seed, so they have to play under control or it costs them, then you have a team with nothing really to play for (except injuring other players). They definately took advantage of the situation there.

The other frustrating thing: how many good clean hits have we seen Kam fined for ? Then you look at this Rams game and their secondary is flying all over the place and leading with their helmets and hitting late. Our WRs were total targets out there. And the Refs did less than they normally do to us.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Fisher is definitely culpable. Your team doesn't play like a bunch of convicts week after week unless it's coached into them.

Fine? I don't know, then you get into a bountygate kind of thing, where the league has to prove it.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I may get killed for saying this, but Jeff Fisher is a great coach and a class act. I find it hard to believe that he would have his guys intentionally going out there for blood. This was playoff atmosphere football and the Rams wanted this game. Things got chippy as they always do with the Rams trying to match not only the Seahawks on the field, but the 12's in the stands. That's all.

What did you expect Fisher to do once things spilled over? Run on the field and harness his 300 pound guys? What, take a timeout, put his guys on the bench and berate them on national TV? I don't think anyone would do that. Fisher doesn't show his guys up on the field for physical play, Pete wouldn't do that either. That's why both coaches get the very best out of their players.

Fisher doesn't deserve a fine, just as the inadvertent contact with an official doesn't deserve a fine. Half those penalties were BS. This is playoff football. It gets emotional. I think it was on the refs to control the game earlier, before it erupted like it did.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":36revp03 said:
I may get killed for saying this, but Jeff Fisher is a great coach and a class act. I find it hard to believe that he would have his guys intentionally going out there for blood. This was playoff atmosphere football and the Rams wanted this game.

This would be logical if the cheap shot thuggery by the Rams was isolated to yesterday's game. But that's how they ALWAYS play, against everyone.

That's on Fisher and the other coaches. They coach their players to ugly up the game as much as possible with all this nonsense in order to get the other team off their rhythm and lose composure.