.SI Article....The turmoil in Seattle..any truth?

Natethegreat

Reaction score
A win might have temporarily masked the jealousy but it wouldn't have eliminated it.
That loss only brought out what was already there. The look at me, I'm the best , I did this, we are what made this team great, attitude was present long before that play.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
This supposed schism between the offense and defense certainly appears to be true. I’m thinking that the whiny ass defensive players who are blaming the offense and anything else for the demise of the dynasty that wasn’t really shouldn’t look much past themselves. Sure the offense had difficulty at times and Cable and Bevell were complete idiots who should have been jettisoned long before they actually were.
As many have stated on here, the defense had a huge part of the loss in XLIX. A ten point lead in the 4th quarter with the type of defense that they identified themselves as should have been more than enough to walk away with the win. Yes, they were ever so close to achieving the back to back. What I haven’t really seen anyone discuss is that without the defensive breakdown in the 2012 playoffs against Atlanta, the team could conceivably been playing for a threepeat in XLIX. Russ brought them back to get the lead and the defense couldn’t hold it. The defense gave up 30 points in that loss with the Falcons getting an easy drive to end the game. A win there could have very easily catapulted the team to a win the following week vs SF and another in the Bowl against Baltimore.
Alas, neither back to back nor a threepeat were in the cards. But sure, all you aging, overpriced malcontents whine all you want about how Russ was treated differently and the offense didn’t do their share. Get over yourselves and actually enjoy the fact that you will always have Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks after your name.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":atcei8oi said:
Aros":atcei8oi said:
I will always appreciate what these "sources" did for our franchise. I will cheer them when they raise the 12 flag, or when they are inducted into the Ring of Honor and/or Hall of Fame, etc., not for who they are as people, but the players they were for us on gameday.

The immaturity and lack of humility they demonstrate, however, is truly pathetic.

What Would Largent Do?
So when people in real life get fired ? Demoted they don’t gripe to future coworkers about the last place they worked ? We have to stop expecting human beings to be more than what they are .. just slightly richer human beings

Nope, the grown up ones I know don't complain about past employers. The childish ones, yes.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":jb194km3 said:
Thunderhawk":jb194km3 said:
After reading this "article" one troubling subtext emerges: Percy Harvin's bigoted accusation that "Russell isn't black enough" is still a factor for some players. There is no other logical reason that I can fathom for demonizing a Top 5 Pro Bowl QB than pure visceral prejudice.

Wilson has had the crap beaten out of him behind a terrible offensive line without once calling them out, yet made no excuses and still played at an elite level. How can you possibly resent him as a player apart from disliking his unconventional personality? It's incredible that in this so called 'age of inclusiveness' someone like Russ so deeply threatens certain players becaue he acts "too white" - whatever that means. He has been exemplary on and off the field and his teammates should recognize how vital he is to their success, but instead they seem preoccupied with some kind of racial litmus test. It's absurd.

And to those that think this is a misreading of the article, please present an alternate theory as to why Russell Wilson seems so reviled by some of his teammates despite being a borderline MVP candidate every year?
Google it , he’s been hated by his teammates most of his life... they did a story on it one day on ESPN .. the one show russillo and somebody
http://97rockonline.com/apparently-russell-wilsons-college-teammates-hate-him/

Yep they hated him so much they made him captain in his first and only year at Wisconsin. Sound logic right there.

m0ng0

Reaction score
the players sticking up for Wilson seem to have a bit more experience with NFL locker rooms and possibly more maturity?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I read the entire article. All I will say is that during the 2011 season, I knew that the team literally had one missing piece. A legit QB. Without Russ, we never would have been to, let alone won a SB. We had a growing legendary D but Tavaris Jackson wasn’t even good enough to be a game manager type of QB. Russ was that and beyond. The divas on a well paid defense had to go for this team to have a future. There is so much more here that we will never understand and they had to get rid of the toxicity of bad attitudes. I am OK with that. I guess we will see what happens. GoHawks!

Jville

Reaction score
What this thread brings out is that just as there are some players who can't get past and learn from their disappointments so to are there fans who can't learn and move on. They share the same crutch ....... blame.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
ivotuk":3io3vnes said:
TwistedHusky":3io3vnes said:
A lot of you are calling out the failures of the defense in that SB as your excuse for why we cannot allow the defensive leaders to hold Wilson accountable. Yes, the defense did give up yards and scores. (Of course, the offense failed to do anything at this time in allowing that)

Also, to be fair....if Wilson wouldn't have screwed up so much in the Green Bay game, we might have gone into the SB without half our secondary being injured.

Kam was hurt.
Thomas was hurt.
Sherman was hurt.
and later we lost Lane and Simon (Simon wasn't good but the bad rap he got in the SB was unfair because he was playing hurt too. Another screwup by Pete actually since Burley should have been playing in that game instead).

So complain about the defense all you want and try to heap accolades on Wilson if you feel he deserves them (certainly in the regular season he does...but he has pretty much been hot garbage in the playoffs but for the first run to the SB and the missed run before that. He was amazing in those. Pretty much terrible since unfortunately.

Maybe if Pete hadn't coddled him, he wouldn't have these problems in the playoffs now.

This story, and this thread came about : because the Defense is whining. Not because anyone is bragging on the offense or Russell Wilson. If the Defense had kept their mouth shut, there would be no story.

And Russell never got coddled. Was he being coddled last year when he was the offense and took hit after hit?

What about the year before when he played on an ankle sprain and with a knee brace? Where was the coddling?

Remember Russell's first game as a rookie where he got hammered by the Arizona defense? Was that coddling?

Russell has taken more physical abuse, and been responsible more wins than any group of players on this team. Yet he NEVER complains, EVER.

Last year's defense was undisciplined, and ignored their Defensive coordinator. They have up a ton of rushing yards and a boatload of points. And then started pointing the finger everywhere except themselves.

No, this is all on them and their big mouths. They created this mess. Not the offense, not Russell Wilson, and certainly not Pete Carroll. The overpaid defense who either threatened to hold out for more money, or did hold out while their team mates and the fans paid the price.

ZERO SYMPATHY

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GREAT post. Exactly how I feel.

acer1240

Reaction score
HansGruber":2qn59l42 said:
Disappointing to read about so many selfish players on defense. They clearly had an ego problem.

The loss in SB49 could just as easily be placed squarely on the back of the defense as it could offense. Sorry guys, but Brady dissected that secondary like a masterful surgeon. You can't talk crap when you were personally responsible for giving up so many yards and crapping out in the second half, when the team clearly needed the defense to step up.

Their BS with Wilson is tiresome. These guys were all either injured or underperforming last season, and Wilson was literally the only thing on the team working. He carried that offense single handed and put us in position for a 12-4 season.

Without Lynch. Without the LOB. Without any of the names they mention as being more important than Wilson. If we had an actual kicker, Wilson would have carried this team on his back, entirely by himself, into the playoffs.

That's why Seattle let you bums go. That's why they're building around Wilson. We all saw what happened last year when the defense just couldn't get it done. It was time to make the change and I applaud it.

And EFF any of these guys talking trash about Russell Wilson. There's a reason he's in the future plans and they're not. Just sour grapes here

This is one of the best posts I've ever read on .net and I've been here since Aros first fired this thing up.

Seymour

Reaction score
Moral of that same ol' shit story? Resentment kills, and Sherman better drop it before it takes him down. :177692: :pukeface:

TreeRon

Reaction score
Seymour":1ywwzd8j said:
Moral of that same ol' shit story? Resentment kills, and Sherman better drop it before it takes him down. :177692: :pukeface:

How long before Sherman's toxicity infects the 49ers?

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Natethegreat":fj4uod7t said:
ivotuk":fj4uod7t said:
What a crock of shit. "The Quarterback received special treatment." When has this NOT been true?

What Quarterback doesn't receive special treatment? EVERY Quarterback in the NFL is treated differently than any other player in the NFL. They must think Tom Brady is treated like every player on the rest of the Patriots.

Because the Defense ate up MOST of the cap, they were expected to carry the team. Because the Defense ate up MOST of the cap, there was no money let over for the offensive line. So Pete tried to make up for the difference by paying one offensive Superstar, hoping that would help the offense score.

The Defense has ZERO room to cry about the offense. In fact, we lost our first 2 games, and home field advantage because a certain defensive player held out while his team mates kept saying, "Kam! Come back!"

Here's and common sense. Whether it's Offense or Defense, when one side of the team has all the Superstars, and receives the Lions Share of the money, they are supposed to carry the team.

We don't hear Drew Brees bitching about the crappy defenses he's played with.

I guess defensive players are whinier than offensive players?

This article lacks facts and is just another shot at the Seahawks who, as a small market team, are an easy target.
EXACTLY! Not only did the defense take up the lions share of the cap the DEFENSE FAILED MANY MANY TIMES TO CLOSE OUT GAMES!
The constant bitching and whining by certain defensive players just shows how incredibly small minded and immature they truly are.
Many times ? Cmon dude maybe a few one or two ... but how many of those were the offense going 3n out for 3 quarters ?

toffee

Reaction score
HansGruber":16ywrpq5 said:
Disappointing to read about so many selfish players on defense. They clearly had an ego problem.

The loss in SB49 could just as easily be placed squarely on the back of the defense as it could offense. Sorry guys, but Brady dissected that secondary like a masterful surgeon. You can't talk crap when you were personally responsible for giving up so many yards and crapping out in the second half, when the team clearly needed the defense to step up.

Their BS with Wilson is tiresome. These guys were all either injured or underperforming last season, and Wilson was literally the only thing on the team working. He carried that offense single handed and put us in position for a 12-4 season.

Without Lynch. Without the LOB. Without any of the names they mention as being more important than Wilson. If we had an actual kicker, Wilson would have carried this team on his back, entirely by himself, into the playoffs.

That's why Seattle let you bums go. That's why they're building around Wilson. We all saw what happened last year when the defense just couldn't get it done. It was time to make the change and I applaud it.

And EFF any of these guys talking trash about Russell Wilson. There's a reason he's in the future plans and they're not. Just sour grapes here

This, and Pete really really should have done the house cleaning a year earlier. But better late than never.

NINEster

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3e3ifn0e said:
mrt144":3e3ifn0e said:
hawknation2018":3e3ifn0e said:
mrt144":3e3ifn0e said:
Read what Avril said. Does Avril seem like a dude with an axe to grind? He perceived a shift in treatment. Bennett and Sherman almost came to blows over it. I mean there is probably some of that Billy Paul song knocking around in the heads but that's a small thing that get's amplified by other things. One see's preferential treatment one starts looking at other things that validate that and seem like proximate causes of that treatment.

As I understood it, Avril does not feel that Russell Wilson was treated with any more preference than any other franchise QB.

He’s a defensive guy, but he’s a bit more even keeled and doesn’t have an interest in sabotaging the current team, like the 49ers/John Lynch/Richard Sherman/anonymous sources do.

And thats the point of distinction, isnt it? Sherman resented the shift because to him, even a franchise QB should be in the trenches getting crap on them. Avril and Bennett looked at the structural picture of the NFL and were like "yup, thats how it goes, deal with it"

Bennett wasn’t always like that. There is always some element of resentment between the offense and defense.

As for why this is being dug up (again), I believe there are interested parties involved (most likely, Richard Sherman) who want the team to be distracted by idiotic, re-hashed negativity.

I predict Sherman will never hate Russell Wilson more than when he gets shredded by him this year.

That's not going to happen.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3rnwdfpp said:
This supposed schism between the offense and defense certainly appears to be true. I’m thinking that the whiny ass defensive players who are blaming the offense and anything else for the demise of the dynasty that wasn’t really shouldn’t look much past themselves. Sure the offense had difficulty at times and Cable and Bevell were complete idiots who should have been jettisoned long before they actually were.
As many have stated on here, the defense had a huge part of the loss in XLIX. A ten point lead in the 4th quarter with the type of defense that they identified themselves as should have been more than enough to walk away with the win. Yes, they were ever so close to achieving the back to back. What I haven’t really seen anyone discuss is that without the defensive breakdown in the 2012 playoffs against Atlanta, the team could conceivably been playing for a threepeat in XLIX. Russ brought them back to get the lead and the defense couldn’t hold it. The defense gave up 30 points in that loss with the Falcons getting an easy drive to end the game. A win there could have very easily catapulted the team to a win the following week vs SF and another in the Bowl against Baltimore.
Alas, neither back to back nor a threepeat were in the cards. But sure, all you aging, overpriced malcontents whine all you want about how Russ was treated differently and the offense didn’t do their share. Get over yourselves and actually enjoy the fact that you will always have Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks after your name.

So lane out ... kam playing with busted mcl, earl playing with one shoulder.. and sherm with one arm hmmmm yea its there fault ... offense scored zero .. zero points in 4th qtr .. you guys are laughable and have terrible revisionist history

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":1tey61fh said:
hawksincebirth":1tey61fh said:
Thunderhawk":1tey61fh said:
After reading this "article" one troubling subtext emerges: Percy Harvin's bigoted accusation that "Russell isn't black enough" is still a factor for some players. There is no other logical reason that I can fathom for demonizing a Top 5 Pro Bowl QB than pure visceral prejudice.

Wilson has had the crap beaten out of him behind a terrible offensive line without once calling them out, yet made no excuses and still played at an elite level. How can you possibly resent him as a player apart from disliking his unconventional personality? It's incredible that in this so called 'age of inclusiveness' someone like Russ so deeply threatens certain players becaue he acts "too white" - whatever that means. He has been exemplary on and off the field and his teammates should recognize how vital he is to their success, but instead they seem preoccupied with some kind of racial litmus test. It's absurd.

And to those that think this is a misreading of the article, please present an alternate theory as to why Russell Wilson seems so reviled by some of his teammates despite being a borderline MVP candidate every year?
Google it , he’s been hated by his teammates most of his life... they did a story on it one day on ESPN .. the one show russillo and somebody

Yep they hated him so much they made him captain in his first and only year at Wisconsin. Sound logic right there.

Do your research before you attack my post ... yea the one team who didn’t know him for more than a few months.. how many players from the team were at russels wedding .. one 1.. jimmy graham who was recently acquired. That speaks volumes.. you ever seen draft day .. Wilson is the quarterback who none of his teammates show to his bday party .. attack me all you want facts are facts

Jville

Reaction score
Most weddings are by invitation only. :thcoffee:

justafan

Reaction score
A coach has to be a psychologist to 50 people and treat them individually to get them to perform. All the great coaches did this. Pete was a players coach and allowed them to be who they were.

Sherman showed the world over and over who he was and he was loved here by a lot of fans for that, as long as they were winning.

He was a great player but he has always been a jackass.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":tudi2ew3 said:
Milehighhawk":tudi2ew3 said:
hawksincebirth":tudi2ew3 said:
Thunderhawk":tudi2ew3 said:

Do your research before you attack my post ... yea the one team who didn’t know him for more than a few months.. how many players from the team were at russels wedding .. one 1.. jimmy graham who was recently acquired. That speaks volumes.. you ever seen draft day .. Wilson is the quarterback who none of his teammates show to his bday party .. attack me all you want facts are facts

It speaks volumes because you have an agenda. You don’t seem to care about getting it right, just being right. Russell’s wedding was small, overseas, and invitation only. And oh, he was marrying a famous celebrity. The people who Russell wanted there was his closest friends. His best friend from high school, his former roommate(Turbin, former Seahawk), and Jimmy who he was also close with. In life you can literally be a good person and someone will find a reason to not like you. There is nothing you can take from all this that could cause you to conclude these players were behaving like good men to their fellow teammate. Bullshit