.SI Article....The turmoil in Seattle..any truth?

Jville

Reaction score
Although ......... If it takes 8 to 10 times more effort to find and discriminate actual information than it does to spread gossip and misinformation, it just as easily could be a product of laziness. :thcoffee:

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":12lmla4t said:
Milehighhawk":12lmla4t said:
hawksincebirth":12lmla4t said:
Thunderhawk":12lmla4t said:
After reading this "article" one troubling subtext emerges: Percy Harvin's bigoted accusation that "Russell isn't black enough" is still a factor for some players. There is no other logical reason that I can fathom for demonizing a Top 5 Pro Bowl QB than pure visceral prejudice.

Wilson has had the crap beaten out of him behind a terrible offensive line without once calling them out, yet made no excuses and still played at an elite level. How can you possibly resent him as a player apart from disliking his unconventional personality? It's incredible that in this so called 'age of inclusiveness' someone like Russ so deeply threatens certain players becaue he acts "too white" - whatever that means. He has been exemplary on and off the field and his teammates should recognize how vital he is to their success, but instead they seem preoccupied with some kind of racial litmus test. It's absurd.

And to those that think this is a misreading of the article, please present an alternate theory as to why Russell Wilson seems so reviled by some of his teammates despite being a borderline MVP candidate every year?
Google it , he’s been hated by his teammates most of his life... they did a story on it one day on ESPN .. the one show russillo and somebody
http://97rockonline.com/apparently-russell-wilsons-college-teammates-hate-him/

Yep they hated him so much they made him captain in his first and only year at Wisconsin. Sound logic right there.

Do your research before you attack my post ... yea the one team who didn’t know him for more than a few months.. how many players from the team were at russels wedding .. one 1.. jimmy graham who was recently acquired. That speaks volumes.. you ever seen draft day .. Wilson is the quarterback who none of his teammates show to his bday party .. attack me all you want facts are facts
Lockett was also at Wilson wedding.

The Breh

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":20gyhik1 said:
oldhawkfan":20gyhik1 said:
This supposed schism between the offense and defense certainly appears to be true. I’m thinking that the whiny ass defensive players who are blaming the offense and anything else for the demise of the dynasty that wasn’t really shouldn’t look much past themselves. Sure the offense had difficulty at times and Cable and Bevell were complete idiots who should have been jettisoned long before they actually were.
As many have stated on here, the defense had a huge part of the loss in XLIX. A ten point lead in the 4th quarter with the type of defense that they identified themselves as should have been more than enough to walk away with the win. Yes, they were ever so close to achieving the back to back. What I haven’t really seen anyone discuss is that without the defensive breakdown in the 2012 playoffs against Atlanta, the team could conceivably been playing for a threepeat in XLIX. Russ brought them back to get the lead and the defense couldn’t hold it. The defense gave up 30 points in that loss with the Falcons getting an easy drive to end the game. A win there could have very easily catapulted the team to a win the following week vs SF and another in the Bowl against Baltimore.
Alas, neither back to back nor a threepeat were in the cards. But sure, all you aging, overpriced malcontents whine all you want about how Russ was treated differently and the offense didn’t do their share. Get over yourselves and actually enjoy the fact that you will always have Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks after your name.

So lane out ... kam playing with busted mcl, earl playing with one shoulder.. and sherm with one arm hmmmm yea its there fault ... offense scored zero .. zero points in 4th qtr .. you guys are laughable and have terrible revisionist history
Can't forget those 3 and outs.

erik2690

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":pqwk97nl said:
but he has pretty much been hot garbage in the playoffs but for the first run to the SB and the missed run before that. He was amazing in those. Pretty much terrible since unfortunately.

Why do you feel entitled to call people out and say these idiotic lines while not using any stats to back them up? I'll play your game and arbitrarily eliminate half his playoff games b/c they were too good to fit your narrative and just go 2014 on. So he's been a 90 passer rating 14 TD's 10 INT's 8.2YPA. And that's including a pretty anomalous GB game with 4 picks hauling all those stats down. RW has one of the best TD/INT ratios around that's a pretty freak game. So you got to for some reason cut out 5 good playoff games and still I don't think those stats show "terrible" or "hot garbage". He's had basically 2 stinker games 1 in freezing temps. The ATL game last year is arguable but if you watch it back I think you'd see some other forces kinda sabotaged and put us in bad spots. But again I'm not declaring these great games it just bugs me when you get high and mighty about other posters giving Russ too much credit but then don't include stats and make it look like you are more just not giving him enough credit or have a skewed perspective. Also the line about him screwing up the GB so he is responsible for D injuries is an amazing bit of Wilson hate.

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
I though Sherm was a smart guy not just a smartA$$!
Sherm is WAY to emotional!!!!!!

In Pete I trust!!!!!!!!!!!!

TwilightError

Reaction score
To me its unclear whether there really was a bigger problem in the defense or was it just Sherman upset about being less important for the team than Russell Wilson? It kinda seems the latter and that is almost too obnoxious to handle, cause yeah. The QB tends to be more important that any star CB.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwilightError":3h8ucjxv said:
To me its unclear whether there really was a bigger problem in the defense or was it just Sherman upset about being less important for the team than Russell Wilson? It kinda seems the latter and that is almost too obnoxious to handle, cause yeah. The QB tends to be more important that any star CB.

My only issue is the moment, not the entirety. If the defense felt Wilson was getting the majority of the attention overall and were aggrieved by that I would suggest they were being a bit naive.

However, if they feel that attention impacted play calling at the most critical moment of the biggest game of the year and cost everyone (QB included) a chance to win the Super Bowl then they have every right to be upset and critical of that decision.

I think Sherman , in particular, really was more upset with the coaches and their inconsistency after the Super Bowl loss. It finally boiled over and now he's gone and can chirp about it.

It's too bad, either way. One play call should not define any of their legacies but it clearly will take much longer for all of them to move on.

I don't think that moment cost them anything more than three plays from the 2 though. I still think the Seahawks would be in the place they are now, and i dont think they had the balance to go on and win another.

It's really just about that play and what it meant in that game. Kam, Bennett, Sherman, Avril would all still be here if they didn't get hurt/old/expensive regardless