SI doubts the Seahawks

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Remember and look back on this when we go into the post season as fuel
We are much faster on defense and I believe already that our offense is going to be a lot harder for me as a fan to sit and watch on my 90 in. screen to determine running play or pass play before we snap the ball
I'm guessing it's going to be harder for an opposing D to do that too
Go Hawks

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Remember and look back on this when we go into the post season as fuel
We are much faster on defense and I believe already that our offense is going to be a lot harder for me as a fan to sit and watch on my 90 in. screen to determine running play or pass play before we snap the ball
I'm guessing it's going to be harder for an opposing D to do that too
Go Hawks

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Talk about Fake News. YAWN.

Now Kay Adams...She's worth watching GMF all by herself. Love Nate too but he's nowhere near as cute as Kay. But more importantly she's a big Russell supporter and mentions the Seahawks a lot over the years. She's no hater regardless of any stupid segment she has to be a part of.

I love the comment earlier...Is SI still a thing? I mean come on. Talk about a tired institution. Whatever you can do to stay relevant and get clicks and subscriptions I guess?

As diehards, WE know what time it is with this team. We don't need nonsense click bait and dime store analysis. This is lowest common denominator bottom feeder crap.

Wake me when there's REAL news about our team once the season is under way.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
hawknation2018":135x8b78 said:
Seattle Seahawks: 7–9

The Seahawks as we knew them are no more, and we should all mourn that. As great as Russell Wilson is, there’s simply not enough around him, and Seattle is headed to its first losing record with Wilson under center. Once built with smart draft picks, the Seahawks had to go out in free agency this offseason to get parts such as Jaron Brown, Brandon Marshall and Maurice Alexander. The Legion of Boom is gone, taking the identity of this team and its juice with it.

Pivotal game: Week 6 at Oakland

Plenty of storylines in this one. Jon Gruden gets to go against a quarterback he gushed about for years on Monday Night Football. Marshawn Lynch faces his former squad. Hey, did you know Russell Wilson and Derek Carr are both shorter-than-average NFL quarterbacks? All this and more in a West Coast tilt between teams looking for their footing.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/06/07/nfl-s ... s-analysis

:roll:
To be fair they have good reason to doubt the Seahawks.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Aros":2viskf2a said:
As diehards, WE know what time it is with this team. .

Do we though? A lot of people clamoring about the post season when 7-9 is a legit projection. Changes had to be made but we're still going into next season with a tougher schedule, less talent, and many question marks across the board. Could the team surprise? Sure. Is it likely? Doubtful.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Really? Why is it unlikely?

My belief is there going to be a lot of “experts” having to eat a lot of crow and humble pie by the surprisingly good performance of the ‘nobody’ roster of the Hawks.

Game 6 vs. Oakland? OK, sure, whatever?

Weak analysis, little genuine understanding of the roster, and a reliance on the herd mentality of the mediots. I wonder when there will be some quality output from the national media. Seahawks will have a losing record? Don’t count on it.

I wonder when the ‘analysts’ will wake up and begin the addition by subtraction of a few noisy pot stirring self focused players and the reclamation of a few early draft picks conversations begin, or Seattle’s young depth was far better than we thought,t draft picks surprised us, type articles. 'OMeanwhile we get the continuing rubbish: the Legion of Boom is dead, there is no surrounding cast for RW, they have not drafted well, the roster is too old, or too hurt, or has no talent. It’s weak sauce, and the team has again and again proven this lame analysis wrong.

Anyone remember the national drumbeat of: “You know the juggernaut of Denver’s O is going to roll over the Seahawks D, Seattle doesn’t have a chance”. That analysis was demonstrably wrong. Last year a few festering problems lead to an unacceptable performance which could easily have been 3 games better on the W side with a competent kicker and any vestige of a running game. How different the conversation would be if the result last year had been 12-4 instead of 9-7. Things were better than the record proved. besides some significant changes for the better have happened.

Wait and watch, remember this lame SI prediction, and call this writer out when it is proven wrong. This team is still better than this “analyst” believes it is.

Of course they could suck completely. However, do you honestly believe that will happen or are you leaning on some other person’s opinion?

sutz

Reaction score
His highlighting of the Raiders game makes me wonder if he knows the 'Hawks are no longer in the AFC West.

:34853_doh:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Yep!

All it really likely might be is the story line of the return of Marshawn to battle Seattle. Weak sauce!

lobohawk

Reaction score
The media likes themes. They all kinda follow suit with surface analysis.

The current theme. The LOB is gone so defense will be a shell. No real changes on offense to help running game and Wilson.....and we lost Graham.

Cut-n-paste.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
lobohawk":3sf53y3y said:
The media likes themes. They all kinda follow suit with surface analysis.

The current theme. The LOB is gone so defense will be a shell. No real changes on offense to help running game and Wilson.....and we lost Graham.

Cut-n-paste.

Haters gonna hater memes

Atradees

Reaction score
I would expect a sports journalist to be more than a casual fan.

The division games are real important. Duh.

We have a franchise Quarterback. Thats all you need to win 9 games........A good kicker is important In hindsight.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Atradees":4cj0vdls said:
I would expect a sports journalist to be more than a casual fan.

The division games are real important. Duh.

We have a franchise Quarterback. Thats all you need to win 9 games........A good kicker is important In hindsight.

A punter that can make up for a defense that's being rebuilt can't hurt either.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1gc4xjml said:

My belief is there going to be a lot of “experts” having to eat a lot of crow and humble pie by the surprisingly good performance of the ‘nobody’ roster of the Hawks.

Because as fans, most lose sight of ABC logic and allow themselves to be consumed with the team without considering whats going on outside of that little world. Last year we had a weak, favorable schedule and failed to make the post season with a roster that is more talented than the one we currently have. This seasons schedule is brutal. Just the NFC West alone will account for 4 losses, maybe 5.

Lets look at our team - Running game - yeah Pete wants to pound the rock and he will probably do so to a fault. Lets face it, even with Solari changing things up, the Oline will still be a bottom 10 unit. There is just not much talent to pick from besides Brown and Britt (and thats hoping Britt bounces back from a poor season last year). We let go a HoF weapon in Graham that we never could use properly and signed and drafted a couple TE's to block. Hope it works out, but thats just one less option for Russ if it doesnt. We have Carson and Penny sharing time. We can only guess and hope on both of those two unproven backs. Sure, it'll be better than last season, but how couldnt it be?

Passing game - should be alright. I think Richardson was better than anybody we picked up, but not to any great effect. Graham wasnt great last year for sure, but he's a redzone target that cant be replaced. All in all, with Baldwin and a healthy Lockett, passing game will be fine.

Kicking game - Who the hell knows. Everybody knows how bad Walsh was last year, but did we really improve by signing Janokowsi? The guy is a dinosaur who missed the entire season last year and missed 5 of 6 FG's from 50 yrds out the previous season. This team is going to need 50 yards FG's this year. People are thrilled by the name and the player he was 5 to 10 years ago. He isnt that kicker anymore. Rookie punter is a weapon though.

Defense - I have a serious question, where are the people that were applauding and sticking up for Bennett when he had 8.5 sacks before hurting himself last year. Havent heard from any of them since we let him go. Anyways, I still believe we are going to struggle pass rushing this season. Unless Clark becomes twice the player he has been, QB;s should have time back there. Dline will be or should be ok even with Richardson's absence. Wagner and Wright will be awesome as usual. Secondary will be a problem. The days of the LOB are over. Its going to take time for these guys. There will be games where they get torched.

All in all, I predicted 8-8 and i'm still sticking with that.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
For me, this offseason feels quite a bit like the offseason prior to the 2012-13 season. That’s Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner’s rookie year. That team had low expectations. They finished 11-5 and into 2nd round of playoffs. They almost pulled out a win in Atlanta in the divisional game.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":201ct164 said:
jammerhawk":201ct164 said:

Because as fans, most lose sight of ABC logic and allow themselves to be consumed with the team without considering whats going on outside of that little world. Last year we had a weak, favorable schedule and failed to make the post season with a roster that is more talented than the one we currently have. This seasons schedule is brutal. Just the NFC West alone will account for 4 losses, maybe 5.

You don't really have any idea how hard the season schedule is, or how talented our team is, in June. Both could turn out to be as bad as you thought, or better. It's difficult to know.

We failed to make the postseason because of a terrible kicker situation, injury, and poor offensive line coaching. Problems #1 and #3 have probably been upgraded to serviceable at this point. Improving upon 9-7 with a QB like Russell Wilson is not to be sniffed at.

I don't deny that the defense is probably downgraded. But a number of posters around here seem to be sticking to poor prognoses just for attention. Pessimism is their right, but their logic should be stronger, and making summary judgments on both team and schedule in June isn't strong logic.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
This is what happens when you let people that drink Zima write about sports.

chris98251

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2byhdmjg said:
jammerhawk":2byhdmjg said:

Lets look at our team - Running game - yeah Pete wants to pound the rock and he will probably do so to a fault. Lets face it, even with Solari changing things up, the Oline will still be a bottom 10 unit. There is just not much talent to pick from besides Brown and Britt (and thats hoping Britt bounces back from a poor season last year). We let go a HoF weapon in Graham that we never could use properly and signed and drafted a couple TE's to block. Hope it works out, but thats just one less option for Russ if it doesnt. We have Carson and Penny sharing time. We can only guess and hope on both of those two unproven backs. Sure, it'll be better than last season, but how couldnt it be?

Passing game - should be alright. I think Richardson was better than anybody we picked up, but not to any great effect. Graham wasnt great last year for sure, but he's a redzone target that cant be replaced. All in all, with Baldwin and a healthy Lockett, passing game will be fine.

Kicking game - Who the hell knows. Everybody knows how bad Walsh was last year, but did we really improve by signing Janokowsi? The guy is a dinosaur who missed the entire season last year and missed 5 of 6 FG's from 50 yrds out the previous season. This team is going to need 50 yards FG's this year. People are thrilled by the name and the player he was 5 to 10 years ago. He isnt that kicker anymore. Rookie punter is a weapon though.

Defense - I have a serious question, where are the people that were applauding and sticking up for Bennett when he had 8.5 sacks before hurting himself last year. Havent heard from any of them since we let him go. Anyways, I still believe we are going to struggle pass rushing this season. Unless Clark becomes twice the player he has been, QB;s should have time back there. Dline will be or should be ok even with Richardson's absence. Wagner and Wright will be awesome as usual. Secondary will be a problem. The days of the LOB are over. Its going to take time for these guys. There will be games where they get torched.

Offense will have a running game and it will out score graham, throw in Marshall and it's a win, O line drafted talent it was miss used, Solari will have it road grading, defense loses a injured Sherm gets a healthy Maxwell and Griff , McDougald showed will. D line loses Bennett and Avril, get three former 1st rounders wanting to prove something that showed well end of last season. Norton more aggressive then Richard, more blitzing and man to man and creating turnovers, expect more a Quinn looking type defense.

It will look different, all of it, but not bad and put a bag over your head type team.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
chris98251":2gtrvt4v said:
pittpnthrs":2gtrvt4v said:
jammerhawk":2gtrvt4v said:

Offense will have a running game and it will out score graham, throw in Marshall and it's a win, O line drafted talent it was miss used, Solari will have it road grading, defense loses a injured Sherm gets a healthy Maxwell and Griff , McDougald showed will. D line loses Bennett and Avril, get three former 1st rounders wanting to prove something that showed well end of last season. Norton more aggressive then Richard, more blitzing and man to man and creating turnovers, expect more a Quinn looking type defense.

It will look different, all of it, but not bad and put a bag over your head type team.

Nice analysis Chris. Add a punter that's a magician.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":3v5uz56h said:
That's just ridiculous. Wanna see something even more ridiculous though? A debate as to who will have more wins. Russell Wilson's Seahawks, or Baker Mayfield's Browns. THE BROWNS!? The disrespect.

[youtube]BmOLTXwQfck[/youtube]

Wow that's pretty embarrassing. I think they may be attacking Seattle for political reasons. This is bizarre.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Crizilla":1h6v4aof said:
Mistashoesta":1h6v4aof said:
That's just ridiculous. Wanna see something even more ridiculous though? A debate as to who will have more wins. Russell Wilson's Seahawks, or Baker Mayfield's Browns. THE BROWNS!? The disrespect.

[youtube]BmOLTXwQfck[/youtube]

Wow that's pretty embarrassing. I think they may be attacking Seattle for political reasons. This is bizarre.

How do you compare a rookie who hasn't played a snap to a SB winner? :177692: