SI doubts the Seahawks

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3pxr3o6b said:
Aros":3pxr3o6b said:
As diehards, WE know what time it is with this team. .

Do we though? A lot of people clamoring about the post season when 7-9 is a legit projection. Changes had to be made but we're still going into next season with a tougher schedule, less talent, and many question marks across the board. Could the team surprise? Sure. Is it likely? Doubtful.

I am trying to remember the last post you made where I didn't think of this chick...

Debbie downer

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
How can anyone be a Debbie Downer when they look at your avatar Todd?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
As they say in the sports radio biz, “slow news week”, so they have to “create” a dumb topic to talk about.
Our local morons on the radio play the same game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
As they say in the sports radio biz, “slow news week”, so they have to “create” a dumb topic to talk about.
Our local morons on the radio play the same game.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Aros":3suuzika said:
I am trying to remember the last post you made where I didn't think of this chick...

Debbie downer

Just being realistic and honest about the teams current situation. I could be like others and say we're awesome now and surely going to make the playoffs, but why set yourself up for that kind of disappointment?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3rbol6fc said:
Aros":3rbol6fc said:

Debbie downer

Just being realistic and honest about the teams current situation. I could be like others and say we're awesome now and surely going to make the playoffs, but why set yourself up for that kind of disappointment?

:snack:

sutz

Reaction score
Cue the "who's the better fan?" debate in 3..2..1...

:stirthepot:

Rat

Reaction score
I think we can win more, but I don't think 7-9 is an insult, given the tough division and all the changes.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Rat":1k77rrhf said:
I think we can win more, but I don't think 7-9 is an insult, given the tough division and all the changes.

How’s the division tough?

Rams, they played hard last year. -We’ll see-
Whiners? Again, we’ll see. I’m not at all sold on Jimmy being the second coming
Cards? Again we’ll see

All three teams are mostly unproven. Sure, the rams were tough, let’s see how the season shakes out. I don’t doubt RW and crew. Especially if the O-line and Fullback do what they’ve done for us in the past.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I’ve heard the GMF guys question whether or not or actually state that we did not do enough with our offensive line personnel. Time will tell but we face a monster pass rush right off the bat with Denver. As to the si report our pivotal game pick is against Marshawn and the architect of our offensive line woes. It could be interesting from that perspective alone but for me pivitol will be if our new ol coach can design a way to protect Russell Wilson from Vaughn Miller and Bradley Chubb using most of the same cast his predecessor failed miserably with. All about the OL.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1gos60ow said:
Rat":1gos60ow said:

Seriously? You cant see it? The Rams beat us even when they sucked, but they now have a literal all star team. Remember that 42-7 mauling they gave us last season? They are much improved from that team. We are not.

49ers are young and seem to have found their guy at QB. They won 5 straight to end the season beating the Jags and Rams in the final two. It would be crazy to sleep on them.

The Cards, yeah they are rebuilding like we are, but they will have the best RB in the league returning and we'll get them early enough where Bradford should still be available to them. We should beat them twice, but we'll split as usual.

I see us winning 1 or 2 games in the division. Anything above that would be gravy.

Seymour

Reaction score
ESPN checks in....
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...re-sign-earl-thomas-nfl-insiders-predict-next

Every one of these is within the range I predict...8-8 +/- 2 games either way. No way at this point in the off season can anyone get excited about these predictions. We all saw what "on paper" produced last season. Forget about Walsh!! Pete choose Walsh as his kicker (and Lacy and Joeckel!!)--we own that 9-7 record..PERIOD!

Bonus: The Seahawks will finish _-_ in 2018??

Henderson: 8-8. The running game and kicking game are two areas in which the Seahawks should be improved compared to the 2017 team that went 9-7. But they're playing in an increasingly competitive division, and they've lost a considerable amount of talent on defense. A Thomas holdout would further diminish that group.

Kimes: 9-7, though I'd subtract two wins if Thomas leaves. The NFC West is pretty grisly looking, but I see a lot of winnable games on the rest of Seattle's schedule.

Yates: 9-7. Quarterback play can go a long way in the NFL, and despite role holes on both sides, the Seahawks have an outstanding signal-caller in Russell Wilson and arguably the best defensive quarterback in football in Bobby Wagner.

Sando: 9-7.
Wilson and an improved run game led by healthier backs compensate some for a D that is no longer great, but not as bad as the personnel subtractions suggest it could be.

Bowen: 9-7
. Wilson's playmaking ability and intangibles will always keep the Seahawks in the hunt. But I have concerns about a Seattle defense that has to replace multiple impact players, plus an NFC West slate that is much tougher to navigate.

Graziano: 9-7. The division is stronger than it was two years ago, the Seattle defense has lost too many pieces to continue as the dominant unit it used to be, and I'm still not all the way sold on what the Seahawks have at wide receiver and offensive line. Wilson is good enough to get the Seahawks to a winning record, and the roster is far from barren, but I don't see any clear reason to expect the 2018 Seahawks to be better than the 2017 Seahawks were.

Schatz: 8-8. The NFC is hard. In the AFC, they would be favored to be a playoff team.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2dhfokup said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2dhfokup said:
Rat":2dhfokup said:

Seriously? You cant see it? The Rams beat us even when they sucked, but they now have a literal all star team. Remember that 42-7 mauling they gave us last season? They are much improved from that team. We are not.

49ers are young and seem to have found their guy at QB. They won 5 straight to end the season beating the Jags and Rams in the final two. It would be crazy to sleep on them.

The Cards, yeah they are rebuilding like we are, but they will have the best RB in the league returning and we'll get them early enough where Bradford should still be available to them. We should beat them twice, but we'll split as usual.

I see us winning 1 or 2 games in the division. Anything above that would be gravy.

Seriously. Take a look at the 2017 efficiency ratings. WITHOUT an offensive line, and missing key defensive player for a number of games we still sat at 13, above SF and Arizona for the entire season. LA was exceptionally high on the list, and I honestly expect them to fall some this year now that there's film footage on the entire team. IF Seattle actually blocks and scores some rushing TDs, I fully expect them to be in competition to win the division. Looking at the schedule there are only 4 games that are scary. The Rams (if they stay strong,) Detroit and Green Bay. Obviously the game in Carolina is an early east coast start and that could really hose us.

I'm thinking a 10-6 season is likely with a 11 or 12 win season not being out of reach. My below WAY too early guess is assuming LAR are playing at the level of last season, which is unlikely.

@ Denver=W
@ Chicago=W
Cowboys @ Clink=W
@ Cards=W
Rams @ Clink=L
Raiders@ England= Who the hell knows
@Detroit=L
Chargers@ Clink=W
@ Rams=L
Green Bay@ Clink=L
@Carolina= Narrow W
SF@ Clink=W
Viks@ Clink=W
@SF=W
KC@ Clink=W
Cards@ Clink=W

Thats an 11-5 schedule, if we lose to Oakland. Obviously we could split series with Ari or SF, but I don't see either of them sweeping. 9-7 COULD happen, but I don't see it very likely, especially if we get our CLINK mojo going and win again GB and the Rams at home.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sac":20kpm9w9 said:
Of course SI doubts the Seahawks. Everyone doubts the Seahawks, nearly every year.

Up until last year the Hawks were in the top 2-3 teams for Vegas odds for a good 5-6 years running.

So not sure who these "everyones" were..............and this year? We deserve the doubts, for the first time in a long time. We underachieved the past three years, and have one of the biggest roster turnovers in the league with question marks all over the roster.

- O line
- D line
- defensive backfield
- special teams
- TE
- WR
- RB

Only position groups without question marks are QB and LB, and even LB is unproven beyond Bobby and KJ.

So yeah, doubt away, that's a good thing. If there's one constant with Pete Carroll teams, it's that we play better with a chip on our shoulder. We don't necessarily make great front runners.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Sac":1vbm61ay said:
Of course SI doubts the Seahawks. Everyone doubts the Seahawks, nearly every year.

Exactly, Seattle went 9-7 with an O-line that was wrecked on every play

adeltaY

Reaction score
Sox the Lions are among our hardest opponents? They could be good but in what world, based on healthy roster talent, are they tougher opponents than the Vikings or Chargers? Those teams are absolutely stacked.

Denver also has the highest home winning percentage in the month of September in NFL history. Its gonna be tough for us to hit 10 wins unless Solari is a wizard

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
adeltaY":xti8pxrj said:
Sox the Lions are among our hardest opponents? They could be good but in what world, based on healthy roster talent, are they tougher opponents than the Vikings or Chargers? Those teams are absolutely stacked.

Denver also has the highest home winning percentage in the month of September in NFL history. Its gonna be tough for us to hit 10 wins unless Solari is a wizard

Based on us playing an Away game in Detroit after an away game in the UK. They're tough because Goodell hosed us. As for The VIks and Chargers. They're not beating us at home ESPECIALLY after the Vikings travel to NE the week before. As for the Chargers? If we can get our run game going, they're ripe for the picking.