Sidney Rice likely cut per NFL.com

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":29m9fm22 said:
Miller has been a disappointment since coming over from Oakland before the 2011 season. He's been serviceable at best in Seattle, recording just 96 catches over three seasons with the 'Hawks.

I hate this line of thought. It's the same reason people call Russell Wilson a game manager. Our system doesn't call on Miller to be a pass-catching fiend. He's in there mostly to run block, and he kicks butt at it.

Agreeeed!

theascension

Reaction score
I like what Miller has done but I'm not sure he's versatile or more importantly fast enough for what Pete wants. Luke Wilson has so far been our best draft from last year. I'm not sure Miller is all that essential anymore.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3g0vtz41 said:
Miller has been a disappointment since coming over from Oakland before the 2011 season. He's been serviceable at best in Seattle, recording just 96 catches over three seasons with the 'Hawks.

I hate this line of thought. It's the same reason people call Russell Wilson a game manager. Our system doesn't call on Miller to be a pass-catching fiend. He's in there mostly to run block, and he kicks butt at it.

Agreed. That line was a load of crap. Zach has had to be like a 6th OL for most of his tenure here.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":o24duwqy said:
Hasselbeck":o24duwqy said:
gulliver":o24duwqy said:
Knew it would happen but yikes... the Lombardi hasn't been home 24 hours and the guy will already be reading reports that he's been exiled from these guys he was so close to. Feel bad...

I'm sure he saw the writing on the wall.

Who knows maybe he comes back on a cheap deal
I hope so he changes the offense just like Percy. Not the same way of course but he works with Wilson very well.

If he were healthy sure.. but I don't think that is ever going to happen now. The draft is loaded at WR.. it's time to move on.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Missing_Clink":2dw7wq4p said:
No brainer decision. He ain't getting $10 mil next season. But I could see him back on a 1 year "prove it" deal if the FA market doesn't go nuts for him. The report about Zach Miller being asked to take a pay cut is far more interesting to me.

Yep, I could see that. The Miller news is the one other bit of news that does not surprise me one bit. No way does he make that kind of money for us next year. It's just not smart ball. He either renegotiates a team-friendly deal or he is released.

And I think this, coupled with Tate's statement about taking less to stay here, makes him even more of a probable to be on this team come next year.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":27qo138h said:
DavidSeven":27qo138h said:
Guys, you really think someone in the Seahawks org is going to give this info to Rap before they even conclude their season exit interviews? He's speculating based on cap numbers. This may all happen, but this report isn't grounded in anything.

Do you really think Rice is not getting cut? Honestly?

The writing was on the wall when Harvin was inked. This money will go to Bennett and Tate.

Not what I'm saying. I'm saying it's so obvious that Rap is exploiting it to generate a poorly timed headline. He has no sources inside the Seattle org. This was proved when he declared Percy was going on IR. That was a guess that he reported as news. Just like Big Ben "demanding a trade."

The Miller thing is, again, a complete guess by him based on his cap numbers (which ain't even that high with dead money factored in).

Polaris

Reaction score
I like what Zach has done for this team and I think he's a lot better than is commonly believed. That said, I don't think he's worth giving up a 5million dollar savings against the cap. In short I like him, but not at next year's price. Such is life in the NFL.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":12ph2qsx said:
MizzouHawkGal":12ph2qsx said:
Hasselbeck":12ph2qsx said:
gulliver":12ph2qsx said:
Knew it would happen but yikes... the Lombardi hasn't been home 24 hours and the guy will already be reading reports that he's been exiled from these guys he was so close to. Feel bad...

I hope so he changes the offense just like Percy. Not the same way of course but he works with Wilson very well.

If he were healthy sure.. but I don't think that is ever going to happen now. The draft is loaded at WR.. it's time to move on.
I am not against it but we never draft top tier wide receivers so it makes me nervous even though the draft is deep this year. I guess in JS I trust.

Polaris

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3jcg3oz1 said:
Hasselbeck":3jcg3oz1 said:
DavidSeven":3jcg3oz1 said:
Guys, you really think someone in the Seahawks org is going to give this info to Rap before they even conclude their season exit interviews? He's speculating based on cap numbers. This may all happen, but this report isn't grounded in anything.

Do you really think Rice is not getting cut? Honestly?

The writing was on the wall when Harvin was inked. This money will go to Bennett and Tate.

Not what I'm saying. I'm saying it's so obvious that Rap is exploiting it to generate a poorly timed headline. He has no sources inside the Seattle org. This was proved when he declared Percy was going on IR. That was a guess that he reported as news. Just like Big Ben "demanding a trade."

The Miller thing is, again, a complete guess by him based on his cap numbers (which ain't even that high with dead money factored in).

Actually regarding Percy, Rap wasn't far from wrong. Apparently Pete was on the verge of putting Percy on IR and Percy (and Wilson) talked him out of it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":37f1rtpr said:
gulliver":37f1rtpr said:

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I feel bad for Zach Miller. He isn't a disappointment lol. Russell's 2012 rise increased as Miller's receiving duties increased.

The problem is he's being misused. If we're going to just use him to max protect Wilson like we did massively in 2013, then we might as well cut him and put the money into a weapon we will use. Blocking TE's do not come expensive, not even good ones.

RezHawk

Reaction score
This kind of reporting is all speculation at this point. I am glad he got a ring with us. How the Seahawks FO handles Rice will be largely dependant upon how his knee is healing, If the knee is responding well they will probably try to restructure his contract.

kearly

Reaction score
Everything reported in that video sounds 100% believable. The part about Miller being asked to restructure is slightly surprising, because his cap number this next season isn't outrageous and they passed on a golden opportunity to get out of his contract last offseason and didn't do it.

Also, somewhat interesting that Rice and Miller are mentioned, but Clemons wasn't.

Cartire

Reaction score
I would almost hope we restructure rice to gain at least 6 million back for next year. I doubt highly that rice would take a 6 mil paycut, but it would be sweet. The one thing lacking this season has been a tall WR. Something that everyone on this board noticed the last 5 weeks before the Super Bowl.

Could we find one in the draft, sure. But rice is proven if we can have him back for cheaper.

But alas, there is no way he is getting 9 mil next year.

Axx

Reaction score
It's obvious someone hasn't watched Miller in the run blocking.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Why on earth would you want Rice back? I appreciate what he's done over the past 3 seasons but God's production and lack of health makes him entirely expendable. also Clemmons seems like a likely cut, he's old and at best is our 3rd best pass rusher. I hope they ask red to take a paycut. Im excited to see how this all shakes out with free agency and the draft. this is a good one to find some young wr talent.

VinceDee

Reaction score
Personally I'm not thrilled that this is a topic before our guys have even gotten to enjoy the parade.

We have all kinds of time to talk about players leaving in the coming months.

Let's enjoy this ride for as long as we can.