Simon was terrible tonight

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
Glad Newton didn't decide to throw his way all game as the announcers wanted him to.

ughhhhhhhhhhh

Hendo66

Reaction score
Unreal. Dude couldn't do anything but get beat. Hope this didn't shatter his confidence. Get well soon B Max.

pehawk

Reaction score
Dude, cmon. He had a tough game, yeah, but that was with Cam playing best I've ever seen him play and going man on a physical freak.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hendo66":3k4jh5uu said:
Unreal. Dude couldn't do anything but get beat. Hope this didn't shatter his confidence. Get well soon B Max.
Sad, but true!

BillHawks

Reaction score
Keep in mind he spent a lot of the game covering a guy that gives even Sherman trouble. He had a bad game but I'm not concerned at all. The only really bad play I saw him make was late in the game when both he and Wright went for the pick instead of tackling.

Smellyman

Reaction score
He is also played really well at times this year and is pretty much a rookie pressed into action with Maxwell sitting.

give the kid a break.

Pantherfan527

Reaction score
Dude went up against our best WR on our roster, If Maxwell don't come back next week, Sherman can hold his own and Cam and Thomas can roll coverage over to help him out. y'all defense is too good to let one guy bring you guys down.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Didn't think he went for the pick as much as just spectating on that play. Newton had a nice game when he went to 27's side but not as impressed as most with the rest of his performance.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Kelvin Benjamin did a great job boxing out Simon. He's just a big guy.

Wish we could get one. This offense would instantly become unstoppable.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Simon played damn good, if not better than Maxwell this year.

He had a shitty game. Hope he kicks ass next week and Max is healthy to play the slot.

Simon is not going to be Sherman. But he will be better than Max....

Cartire

Reaction score
Cam also only threw to his right after the first quarter when he tried challenging sherman and failed. So it was all against Simon.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
On the touchdown Benjamin grabbed Simon right when he was jumping for the ball and held him down or that was a pick.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Benjamin is very talented, when he isn't dropping the football. And like Pehawk (and others said) Cam really stepped up his game. Rivera had a great game plan tonight, too.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1kjofxc0 said:
On the touchdown Benjamin grabbed Simon right when he was jumping for the ball and held him down or that was a pick.

I was thinking Simon miss-timed the jump pretty badly. Have to take a closer look.

I'm also sure 27 will get better.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1ljnrwo3 said:
Natethegreat":1ljnrwo3 said:

I was thinking Simon miss-timed the jump pretty badly. Have to take a closer look.

I'm also sure 27 will get better.
Grabbed him right on his collar and held him down. Then let go and made the easy grab.

mikeak

Reaction score
He was NEVER completely lost. Catches were made against him yes but he was in pretty good position on all but one of those.

lukerguy

Reaction score
TURRRRRIBLE

I'd go Lane outside and Burley in the slot.

Cartire

Reaction score
I tend not to get to worked up over one game when it comes to any defensive player.

Ive seen Maxwell, Simon, Lane and Burley have great game and have bad games this season. But the stress all of them must be under when they are guaranteed to see the majority of the action. Sherman was never targeted after the 1st QTR. And this is a very common theme throughout the season with exception to a few games. Those guys are not Sherman, but they are good CB's who get challenged more then anyone else. Some times they are going to get beat, and other times they are just playing to contain. You have to take a good win with some parts that werent flashy.

hawk45

Reaction score
Simon got used but man Benjamin was balling out.

Benjamin almost had a sick back-of-endzone TD vs Richard Fing Sherman tonight as well. Guy is tough to cover for anyone.

I expect him to play better, my only consistent gripe against Simon is the constant whining for calls or acting like an obvious in-bounds catch was out of bounds.