Site Colors

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Best looking fan forum of all, and I look at all the enemy fan forums. Leave it just like it is.

BIGNORMANHAND

Reaction score
I too, find it easier to read than most boards. But, OP, maybe if you adjust the brightness of whatever you're
reading it on, that would help? By this I mean to say, make it less bright. It would tone down the differences,
perhaps helping the "ghost" effect you're getting.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Display monitors can make a huge difference in how pleasing/garish something appears. Not just the make/model, but settings/brightness. Count me among the long list of folks happy with the current color scheme. I also appreciate the fact the white-on-dark is the reverse of the black-on-white I have to stare all day every day at work.... gives my eyes a break in a way.

(Speaking of color schemes, it seems that at least 90% of those on other teams' discussion forums were designed to torture their readers. Glad we have what we have.)

nwHawk

Reaction score
I love the revamped site and colors. It needs to be said, "best fan site on the web".

sutz

Reaction score
Meh. I could see some minor tweaks here and there, but the basic color scheme is fine with me.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
This site is beautifully designed and the colors are great - especially if you like reading late at night on your tablet , like I do. White backgrounds really strain my eyes so PLEASE keep the colors as they are.

One nitpick is that the icons for each thread are a little too big. Otherwise, great job by the designers and development team here. Thanks!

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
I have read comments on more than one enemy fan forum, how they think Seahawks.net has a great look, and wish their site owners would try a little harder to improve the look of their sites. What better critic than those you are trying to impress the most- the enemy? They also like the ease of navigation. Some of those enemy forums, like the Patriots, you had to search a bit to find the latest topics of conversation.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3jzkn2jt said:
The white text and dark blue background is easy on my eyes.

I finder it easier to read than a white background. Which I find is too bright. :Dunno:
I'm totally opposite but I deal with it. :229031_shrug:

Anguish thoughtfully created a "work mode" theme that is boring white with black text that you can feel free to use if you want. Click the User Control Panel link on top, then click the Board Preferences tab, then change "My board style" to "Minimum", and click Submit. You can always switch back to the default theme at any time.
Much easier on my eyes...interesting I might use this setting for my phone (when I get it back up and running) because less bandwidth.

OrFan

Reaction score
In my opinion the white on blue is the easiest on the eyes I have found of any fan sites. Far better than a white background, or worst of all, the Viking sites.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I always loved designing this site through all of its incarnations with the blue background and white text. Not just because it's our team's color pallet but because as a graphic artist, I find that it's the easiest on the eyes for reading. Now the OP proves that there are always exceptions to every rule, but if we polled, I am sure that the vast majority prefers the way things look now. A white background with dark text is an assault on the eyes, regardless of how normal it is, IMO.

To this day, whenever I have been all over the web and then click on .NET, my eyes always say, "aaaaah".

OP and others that feel the same, consider checking your monitor settings...Play with the brightness/contrast...That may explain some of it...

minormillikin

Reaction score
The color scheme on this site is perfect. Really, if you don't like it, try tapatalk (if you use a phone) , which reformats everything and, I think, is customizable.

swagcity21

Reaction score
I really enjoy the colors and layout of our site compared to other teams forums. ours is edgy...like our team :D