Skins offered 3 first rounders for Wilson

Elemas

Reaction score
I’m surprised he didn’t want that trade being that he’d be close to home there. The division is less competitive than the one he’s in now as well.

Obviously, Denver’s the better team and he wants to be competitive.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
GemCity":19musnge said:
I’m surprised he didn’t want that trade being that he’d be close to home there. The division is less competitive than the one he’s in now as well.

He'd be the best qb in the nfc east...now he the 3rd best in the afc west. He'd at least win the div in the east

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He wanted to win.

All those weird theories about Ciara driving this move so they can be better suited to leverage themselves as an entertainment power couple? Out the window.

In either Philly or DC, he would be surrounded by media, get double the coverage, and be near all the major music/entertainment centers besides LA (Atlanta for music, NY for commercials & TV).

He picked Denver.

Because Denver held serve last year with damned near nothing at QB, and they looked damned good.

He didn't pick some easy Division, he picked the Division with 2 star QBs already in it.

He wants to win. He couldn't here. And was tired of carrying our coach.

We are going to find out soon if, since the LOB left, the winning was him or Carroll.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IMHO, 3 first round picks spread out over 3 years isn’t as attractive as having 2 of those in the same year as one of those picks is 3 drafts out. For a team trying to sell tickets even a first rounder 3 years out isnt exciting.

Of course it matters on how crappy the team is, with Russ at the helm in Wash, he probably gets to the playoffs in the worst division in football every year making those draft picks in years 2 and 3 late first rounders.

I like the 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders in consecutive years, now it’s how wisely they are used.

TAB420

Reaction score
A lot of people on here are missing the big picture. Russ now knows that he holds the leverage come contract time. He can demand to be overpaid. And, if Dever chose not to do it. They would be the team that gave up all those picks for a two year rental. Russ has Denver by the balls now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TAB420":1tk923bn said:
A lot of people on here are missing the big picture. Russ now knows that he holds the leverage come contract time. He can demand to be overpaid. And, if Dever chose not to do it. They would be the team that gave up all those picks for a two year rental. Russ has Denver by the balls now.
Yep, 50 million+ a year on the horizon.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3ci58wuw said:
Because Denver held serve last year with damned near nothing at QB, and they looked damned good.

Actually, they looked like shit and their coach got shitcanned for it.

Grass-is-greenerism is strong in this quote.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
No their defense looked fantastic, but they had no QB so they couldn't score and couldn't win.

Seahawk fans will find out all about how teams with no QB lose and lose and lose pretty soon.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":20ypjndl said:
No their defense looked fantastic, but they had no QB so they couldn't score and couldn't win.

Seahawk fans will find out all about how teams with no QB lose and lose and lose pretty soon.

20th in defensive DVOA. Allowed 5.3 yards per play compared to Seattle's 5.4. Allowed 4.3 yards per carry compared to Seattle's 3.8. Denver 3rd in scoring, Seattle 12th.

If their defense looked "fantastic," then indirectly, you're giving pretty good praise to Seattle's as well. Denver underperformed their personnel.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
TAB420":ehkc7c3l said:

Sure he has them by the balls in the sense that they have the opportunity to re-sign a top 5 qb. Whatever will Denver do!

CPHawk

Reaction score
GemCity":3hup8ci0 said:

DC sucks. Snyder sucks. What I don’t understand is why people think he would have preferred to play there?

getnasty

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":133eieo0 said:
He wanted to win.

All those weird theories about Ciara driving this move so they can be better suited to leverage themselves as an entertainment power couple? Out the window.

In either Philly or DC, he would be surrounded by media, get double the coverage, and be near all the major music/entertainment centers besides LA (Atlanta for music, NY for commercials & TV).

He picked Denver.

He didn't pick some easy Division, he picked the Division with 2 star QBs already in it.

He wants to win. He couldn't here. And was tired of carrying our coach.

We are going to find out soon if, since the LOB left, the winning was him or Carroll.

It wouldn't shock me one bit if Denver didn't make the playoffs again. That division is way thougher to me then the NFC East.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not surprised he turned it down. At the same time, so many people acting like the Hawks got fleeced. Well, Russ turned down two trades THAT WE KNOW OF. So, they flat out WERE going to get the haul people were hoping for.

Still, 2 firsts, 2 seconds, a 5th and 3 players (well 2 players plus Lock) isn't exactly getting "fleeced" imo.
I was wrong about him wanting to stay, he clearly did want a change and to leave. Not a bad haul for a 32 year old QB who is about to get 50 mil a year. The Hawks could not afford to pay him that, nor should they have even considered it imo. I just feel like they should have waited until next year.

Oh well, kind of exciting to see what they do with all these picks and in free agency. Too bad Pete wasn't a part of the deal :mrgreen:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":me88fiwo said:
TwistedHusky":me88fiwo said:

Actually, they looked like $h!t and their coach got $h!t for it.

Grass-is-greenerism is strong in this quote.

LOL! Great post! :mrgreen:

balakoth

Reaction score
Denver may have some pieces.. but I don't understand this "good" theory.

We are literally picking in the top 10 of the draft.. doesnt seem like they were THAT hot :p

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3rqyhl93 said:

balakoth":3rqyhl93 said:
Denver may have some pieces.. but I don't understand this "good" theory.

We are literally picking in the top 10 of the draft.. doesnt seem like they were THAT hot :p

Even with Wilson I don't see Denver unseating KC... and they may very well be 3rd behind LA. They should finish ahead of Vegas though.

Somebody else said 3rd best QB in the division and I'd agree.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AKSeahawker":3rqyhl93 said:
It's Commanders now. They changed their name for a reason and it's just as offensive here as it was for many years.

Speak for yourself and the rest of the snowflakes.

Commanders... LOL... I'd love to know who was the brilliant genius behind that one. The Dallas fans are already trolling them... calling the rivalry "The Cold War."

You can't make this stuff up...

The Cleveland Indians had the name for as long as the Redskins did... and we still have the Chicago Blackhawks and Atlanta Braves to offend someone. The Braves have already said they aren't changing their name... or the tomahawk logo. Hopefully you'll be able to sleep at night.

chris98251

Reaction score
By the time Wilson's contract is up it could be more then 50 million based on how fast QB salaries have escalated, he has to pad his stats to look top 5 also, Denver isn't going to win even their division, Chargers will I think, Giants may be his next stop, Pete was not going to trade him to a NFC team if they could help it anyway, the playoff format now every team in the conference has to protect a chance to get in, you don't make a pretender a contender for that trading a good QB.