Skip Bayless doesn't know what conference we're in

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Skip is like Bleacher Report: If you don't acknowledge him, he cannot hurt you

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Skip is an example where Eugenics starts to sound like a viable option for society...
:sarcasm_off:

(Edited for sarcasm flag in case there was any doubt...)

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/106935/first-take-whether-seahawks-overhyped

"Bayless went on 'First Take' and said the AFC reference was a sarcastic comment pointing to overblown expectations for Seattle, as if Seahawks fans thought their team would be good enough to threaten in both conferences, not just its own." -Sando

Yeah SUUUUURE it was a sarcastic comment and not a mistake Skip. Totally believable. :roll:

chris98251

Reaction score
Skip Bayless is the example of the De Evolution theory by Darwin. Some DNA has reached its pinnacle and now has begun the regression.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The quotes are great. My favorite was the "Skip must be doing his analysis with Ricky Williams now".

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I appreciate Bayless. Sherman was wrong in that Bayless is better at one thing than him.... Trolling. Dude can make one small comment and people go nuts. I'm surprised you all watch and listen to him. I respect the troll. :3-1:

Wiseguy

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":mxl0a5wj said:
I appreciate Bayless. Sherman was wrong in that Bayless is better at one thing than him.... Trolling. Dude can make one small comment and people go nuts. I'm surprised you all watch and listen to him. I respect the troll. :3-1:

^ This

Getting angry at Skip Bayless is like mud-wrestling with a pig. You both get dirty, and the pig loves it!

VinceDee

Reaction score
I hate to be the unbiased voice of reason, but I'm pretty positive that Bayless was suggesting that the Broncos, who just lost badly to the Seahawks (a previous AFC team), are no more a threat to the Patriots in the AFC than the Seahawks.

It could have been better written, perhaps, but obviously it went over a great many heads.

Tical21

Reaction score
It was decently well written and kind of funny. LOL at the Hawks fans that didn't understand the joke and think he didn't know what conference we were in.

Skip was actually a fantastic beat writer once upon a time.

I have never cared for his persona, but I think he gets a pretty bad rap for his show with Stephen A. You have to think for a second about how hard his job is. They come up with a list of topics, and Stephen A and Skip have to decide who is taking which side of the debate, whether or not they believe what they're saying. If anybody here has ever taken debate or written a position paper taking a stance they don't believe in, you can apply that logic a bit. If you've ever listened to Stephen A.'s radio show, it is actually pretty good. He doesn't know football, and less about baseball, but his basketball segments are as good as it gets.

It is Skip's job to take an unpopular opinion and run with it excessively. And he's darn good at it. Cost him his credibility, but made him a rich, rich man.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
The thing is...he says he is annoyed by all the 12s flooding his Twitter account, yet he eggs us all on. The guy wants the attention....the best thing to do is just ignore him.

Latest posts