Skip Bayless Rips Seahawks apart

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
*Sigh* The creation of this thread is a win for Skip Bayless. You know why I never get angry at him? Because I don't pay attention to him at all. If people would turn off their TVs when the dude was on, we wouldn't have to hear about him any longer.

TJH

Reaction score
Who cares. You can't one minute talk about how dumb he is and the next care what he says. I swear we have the most sensative and fragile ego'd fanbase in sports.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
TJH":2fn29j4z said:
Who cares. You can't one minute talk about how dumb he is and the next care what he says. I swear we have the most sensative and fragile ego'd fanbase in sports.

No kidding. We even have members who get pissy and complain about players speaking their mind.

TJH

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":124pfwjx said:
TJH":124pfwjx said:

No kidding. We even have members who get pissy and complain about players speaking their mind.

We sure do. Some members here aren't complete hypocrites and don't give passes to our players for doing the same things this forum complained about for years from other teams.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
vin.couve12":v43aar3v said:
ivotuk":v43aar3v said:
I am better at pooping than Skip Bayless

lol I normally don't go for the poop and pee jokes, but you should challenge Skip to a poop off.

Bloodsport

The vision of the challenge was funny in my head anyway....

Chong Lee is better at life than Skip.

"YOU ARE NEXT!"

Steve2222

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3g2gp0fh said:
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but all three things are a complete possibility.

Wilson, a sophomore slump is entirely possible. He had a great year, people have a lot more tape on him, it COULD happen.

Lynch hit his peak - he had the best year of his career last year, it's possible right?

Score without Harvin...well when you lose a player that dynamic, how could it not effect your potential offense.

Ughhhhh the sophomore slump is blown way out of proportion and is such a myth. Cam Newton had a "sophomore slump" this past year, yet he posted better numbers than his rookie year and his team won more games in his second year.

If there's a QB to have a "sophomore slump" Wilson would be the last on my list. Typically players who go through crazy amounts of preparation don't hit walls.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I believe that Bayless is letting his personal differences get in the way of sound judgement. The Seahawks didn't have Harvin last year and didn't have problems scoring (especially in the second half of the season). What Bayless should reason is who's going to score on the Seahawks D? They could average 3 pts a game and still win if they held their opponents to 0. Just sayin' (Yes, neither of those are realistic but the point is still true).

Kixkahn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1imo0bw2 said:
Jazzhawk":1imo0bw2 said:
You know what, I can't recall the last team that won a Super Bowl by surprising their opponents. They outplayed and out-executed them.

Not in the 2006 Super Bowl, they didn't. ;)
That is a whole different issue. It wasn't a surprise it was just a flat out rip-off.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
ZagHawk":21c0oh5z said:
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but all three things are a complete possibility.

Wilson, a sophomore slump is entirely possible. He had a great year, people have a lot more tape on him, it COULD happen.

Lynch hit his peak - he had the best year of his career last year, it's possible right?

Score without Harvin...well when you lose a player that dynamic, how could it not effect your potential offense.
Um no, when a player like Wilson comes around and just about all he does is study plays and other teams you have a gem. Harvin hasn't even proven himself as a Seahawk, and the statement about Lynch is just a flame under him. We have lost very few of our players from last season and added more new play makers than just Percy.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Kixkahn":dvz5qxlu said:
RolandDeschain":dvz5qxlu said:
Jazzhawk":dvz5qxlu said:
You know what, I can't recall the last team that won a Super Bowl by surprising their opponents. They outplayed and out-executed them.

Not in the 2006 Super Bowl, they didn't. ;)
That is a whole different issue. It wasn't a surprise it was just a flat out rip-off.
It was a surprise. Trick plays are surprising, and they can make a difference. But they aren't the end-all, be-all. Even on those plays, whoever is using it has to execute it properly or it's for naught.

The idea that having Harvin makes the Hawks more of a "surprise" seems ridiculous to me. It's not like the rest of the league didn't know we'd traded for him. It's true that teams won't have to prepare for him right now, but that doesn't mean they don't have to prepare for everything else the team will do, and he isn't the only guy new to the team. Maybe Luke Willson or Christine Michael will be the "surprise" for opponents.

CPHawk

Reaction score
The bum in Portland that Terrance Jones kicked, is better at life than Skip.

AvengerRam

Reaction score
In the last two years, Lebron James has played in 5 potential playoff close-out games. In those games, he's averaged 35.4 points on .522 FG%, 11.4 rebounds and 5.2 assists, and has gone 5-0 in those games.

And Skip Bayless still doesn't think Lebron is a clutch player.

Why would ANYBODY care what that moron thinks?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Skip Bayless' job is to be in threads like this on internet forums, to trend on Twitter and to basically have his name out there. That's what he's paid to do.

This thread just plays into his hands. If you really want to hurt Bayless, ignore him.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
AvengerRam":33ochecp said:
In the last two years, Lebron James has played in 5 potential playoff close-out games. In those games, he's averaged 35.4 points on .522 FG%, 11.4 rebounds and 5.2 assists, and has gone 5-0 in those games.

And Skip Bayless still doesn't think Lebron is a clutch player.

Why would ANYBODY care what that moron thinks?

Is this still a thing??? If is it, it definitely applies here...

/thread

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Skip is brilliant at his job-as evidenced by this thread. If he is smart, which he no doubt is, he will milk this overreactionary fan base for all it has in the coming season.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1ofkp1uf said:
Skip Bayless' job is to be in threads like this on internet forums, to trend on Twitter and to basically have his name out there. That's what he's paid to do.

This thread just plays into his hands. If you really want to hurt Bayless, ignore him.

Truer words were never spoken. Just skip Bayliss or ignore his rubbish.