So, A.J. Jefferson as the #2 CB (opposite Sherman)?

Mick063

Reaction score
Why are folks pointing at Maxwell when it was Bennett and Avril that laid the egg?

When Manning has pocket comfort he shreds defenses. I thought people knew that. I thought people knew the basics of pro football.

Meanwhile, Clem looked like his old self for the Jags.

Melencause

Reaction score
raisethe3":xh9xmdxz said:
Ziggyy108":xh9xmdxz said:
Is this a joke?

Maxwell is gonna be a stud this year.....

I agree. Maxwell probably isn't playing that hard or full speed at the moment. But I believe it will be picked up as we progress near the end of the pre-season and into the regular season. He'll be back to his 2013 form. Not worried.

A.J wasn't going up against Demaryius Thomas either. AJ did well against second/third string... Sooooo impressive. Meh

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Maxwell got abused but we were playing vanilla and Peyton probably spent the entire off-season thinking of how he would exploit him since it's plainly clear that he is deathly afraid of Sherman. He has avoided an entire side of the field for two consecutive games now.

Max will be just fine when we're playing someone other than the GOAT and in our less cushiony schemes. Having Kam and our speedy LBs will help as well. No need to jump to conclusions after two series of football. Those short comeback routes are gonna feel a little different when we also got Kam and Bruce in pursuit.

endzorn

Reaction score
I thought Bronson looked the best of all the running backs in the first preseason game so I'm pretty sure he'll start opening day.

Lithium

Reaction score
A.J. coudn't start for the Vikings. My bro is Vikings fan so I know a little about this guy, he aint that great, maybe our #4 or 5 guy.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Interesting CB Depth guy at best until proven otherwise. He did shine in a pre-season game against the opponents 3's though. Interested to see if he parlays that into some playing time with the 1's soon?

Mick063

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":11q9abdz said:
Mick063":11q9abdz said:
Why are folks pointing at Maxwell when it was Bennett and Avril that laid the egg?

When Manning has pocket comfort he shreds defenses. I thought people knew that. I thought people knew the basics of pro football.

Different situations, Clem is trying to inspire the Jags and set a "winning" example.

Do you really want the Seahawks to break out their pass rush in the preseason and put it on tape so that the Broncos can make adjustments in week 3? You know, like what the Broncos just did... running stunts and blitzes in the first preseason game. That's bush league crap and it's going to cost them in a few weeks.

I don't disagree with a word you said.

In fact, it supports the argument I have in defense of Maxwell. On the other hand, Seattle has been very reliant on a four man rush with Leo providing pressure. Mayowa disappeared. I would hope that Avril and Bennet are not entirely dependent on stunts and blitzes to provide a hint of pressure. Still, I understand that it is the preseason as well as the fact that Chancellor's intimidating presence can create alligator arms at times.

McG

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3bt78l37 said:
Mick063":3bt78l37 said:

Different situations, Clem is trying to inspire the Jags and set a "winning" example.

Do you really want the Seahawks to break out their pass rush in the preseason and put it on tape so that the Broncos can make adjustments in week 3? You know, like what the Broncos just did... running stunts and blitzes in the first preseason game. That's bush league crap and it's going to cost them in a few weeks.

I said this in a different thread. It was a pre-season game against a team we play week 3. People need to stop freaking out, this coaching staff is too smart to give another team tape on how we are really going to play them. On Maxwell, we will be fine. They probably told him to play soft, who knows. Will he be the starter week one? Yeah, if he's healthy. Jefferson, on the other hand, who knows if he even makes the team.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1qd5845f said:
95% chance you're wrong.

Amazing how fast some have given up on Maxwell - who is already proven essential in the playoffs- and now for a scrub playing against 3rd stringers. This thread is embarrassing.
So now our non-starters are scrubs? Cool...sometimes this fan base is embarrassing

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Lithium":a62rduew said:
A.J. coudn't start for the Vikings. My bro is Vikings fan so I know a little about this guy, he aint that great, maybe our #4 or 5 guy.
Honestly though, who cares what he did or didn't do with the Vikings? Since when has that mattered when if comes to what the Hawks do with players on defense?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Lithium":3p35py2v said:

Brandon Browner wasn't drafted and couldn't make the Broncos before going to the CFL

That didn't seem to affect Browner playing his way to a starting job here

Some players do improve in an offseason and/or get better with a new system that fits their skillset better.

All that said, I think benching Maxwell after one preseason game is silly.. but Jefferson could very well be another steal for JS/PC.

nanomoz

Reaction score
It's in poor taste, I know.

[youtube]fc5OZVvD4Jo[/youtube]

Lithium

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":qquqe86w said:
Lithium":qquqe86w said:

Brandon Browner wasn't drafted and couldn't make the Broncos before going to the CFL

That didn't seem to affect Browner playing his way to a starting job here

Some players do improve in an offseason and/or get better with a new system that fits their skillset better.

All that said, I think benching Maxwell after one preseason game is silly.. but Jefferson could very well be another steal for JS/PC.

Your'e right, maybe he could do well here w/our coaches and scheme. I'm just saying I've seen him play and he was worse than terrible. One pre-season game vs. 2's and 3's doesn't do much to sway me.

razor150

Reaction score
endzorn":dani5b50 said:
I thought Bronson looked the best of all the running backs in the first preseason game so I'm pretty sure he'll start opening day.

Except the pass he dropped the pretty much lst the game for us.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bronson was a camp invite to the Super Bowl Champions, going to Denver in his first game as a Pro against the AFC Champions who are trying to reclaim some dignity after the thrashing they received. He gets a chance to make a catch in a game winning drive and drops it. Ya think on what in his mind is the biggest stage of his career that there may be some nerves working there. I would not be too hard on the kid.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":wnr5ty5m said:
Sarlacc83":wnr5ty5m said:
95% chance you're wrong.

Amazing how fast some have given up on Maxwell - who is already proven essential in the playoffs- and now for a scrub playing against 3rd stringers. This thread is embarrassing.
So now our non-starters are scrubs? Cool...sometimes this fan base is embarrassing

Yes you've gotten my point exactly. You haven't overreacted to a single word and extrapolated it into something else at all.

OP
OP
P

Paschtorian

Reaction score
Relax,...........just makin' conversation.

Wow,...........I was just throwing out a (highly improbable) scenario for discussion.

Gotta love the passion here.