So, A.J. Jefferson as the #2 CB (opposite Sherman)?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Could push shead, Simon, auguste for reps at the dime corner, but I think everyone from Lane through Sherman are safe.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, he won't beat out Maxwell, but he does look pretty damn solid. Maxwell got abused by one of the best in the game, it happens.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think Maxwell graded out at #2 or close to it from a couple of advanced stat sites last year after he took over to Sherman. People are overreacting to a generous zone approach in the first game. Maxwell is a stud and there is zero chance he loses his job.

CEHawk

Reaction score
Thinking Jefferson will win the #2 CB spot after on e preseason game is an over reaction. BUT I don't think Maxwell's spot is safe by any means. Zone or not Maxwell played like crap in that preseason game. Earl was faster to tackle from 20 yards out then Maxwell was 5 feet away... Zone has nothing to do with that...

Simon and Shead are GOOD, despite Simon's indiscretion. And I would guess there is a full out competition for the #2 CB spot. Maxwell is most likely gone at the end of this year with his contract ending. You can bet on Simon getting significant play time regardless of who starts.

Why is everyone so shocked that their might actually be competition during preseason on a Pete Carroll team?? Lol Unbelievable.

Basis4day

Reaction score
CEHawk":1ewffxw6 said:
Thinking Jefferson will win the #2 CB spot after on e preseason game is an over reaction. BUT I don't think Maxwell's spot is safe by any means. Zone or not Maxwell played like crap in that preseason game. Earl was faster to tackle from 20 yards out then Maxwell was 5 feet away... Zone has nothing to do with that...

Simon and Shead are GOOD, despite Simon's indiscretion. And I would guess there is a full out competition for the #2 CB spot. Maxwell is most likely gone at the end of this year with his contract ending. You can bet on Simon getting significant play time regardless of who starts.

Why is everyone so shocked that their might actually be competition during preseason on a Pete Carroll team?? Lol Unbelievable.

This is very reminiscent of the arguments for starting Josh Portis.

Maxwell's job is safe absent a huge collapse in the regular season.

CEHawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":3cl9r5a5 said:
CEHawk":3cl9r5a5 said:

This is very reminiscent of the arguments for starting Josh Portis.

Maxwell's job is safe absent a huge collapse in the regular season.

I am not arguing to start anyone. Maxwell needs to outplay the competition to start next year. Your opinion that Maxwell is safe is purely an opinion, one that goes against Pete Carroll and the entire team's philosophy.

It is my opinion that whether Maxwell starts or not, and I would guess at this point that he will, Simon will see substantial play time this year. You have to remember that this is Maxwell's final contract year and we most likely cannot keep him next year.

hawker84

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":19mep53q said:
95% chance you're wrong.

Amazing how fast some have given up on Maxwell - who is already proven essential in the playoffs- and now for a scrub playing against 3rd stringers. This thread is embarrassing.

Yep..........

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Blackmon had an awesome pre-season last year. Still went buh bye.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3mwq2l7k said:
Blackmon had an awesome pre-season last year. Still went buh bye.

If he was here this year he'd be sticking around. Right now it feels like we only have 2 good corners. Last year it felt like we had 7 of them. Purely in retrospect, I wish Seattle had kept Blackmon over some of the other options.

If Jefferson continues to play well I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up not only making the team but getting significant playing time.