So I guess we are re-signing Golden Tate...

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
and saying so long to Sidney Rice.

I think it is more than clear that Tate gives us more than Sidney Rice ever even flashed.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yeah Tate has earned Sidney's money. Coming off another serious knee injury, I think Rice is done here.

Canhawks

Reaction score
Just thinking the same,Tate is much more valuable to the team,no brainer

C-Dub

Reaction score
Should have cut Rice this offseason like I wanted. Would have saved a lot of money.

Pay Tate and Dougie, while letting Rice walk.

kmedic

Reaction score
Breakout game of the season so far for Tate. Impact play after impact play, whether on punt returns, WR screens, slants, or deep routes. Guy is definitely someone we have to re-sign.

BillHawks

Reaction score
I think you can do OK with Harvin, Tate, Baldwin, Kearse and "unnamed 2014 rookie" :)

BillHawks

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3rdf5fww said:
I didn't want to overreact, but Kearse is an upgrade over Rice at this point, right? I know Rice makes tough catches and gets his feet/knees down nicely, but Kearse is playing better to my eye.

I would agree. Made a couple special teams plays today too. Rice probably throws better though.

misfit

Reaction score
It seems like it will be tough to resign Tate, even if Sidney goes.

sutz

Reaction score
Tate has been earning a big paycheck. He'll get it somewhere if not here. Rice is probably done, I see an injury settlement in his future (not sure about his contract/FA status for next year). He may get another gig somewhere, but he's expendable here. Kearse is blossoming into a real go-to WR with some skills.

I never thought our WR corps was all that bad to begin with, but it looks like we have a group to build on for the future.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Tate and RW seem to have a good friendship. Thats got to count for something in his desire to remain a Seahawk.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Our WRs are good enough for the type of offensive team we want to be. We aren't asking them to be Calvin Johnson or Dez Bryant, but we are not playing the type of games that Detroit or Dallas are playing. We control the game with the run game. And we have a QB with lots of brain cells ... We are not chasing any yardage records or TD records ... we just care about Wins.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I hope not...we don't need players that make huge plays for us and then waves like a classless fool!

the_12th_man

Reaction score
The dude deserves to be paid, but hopefully he doesn't ask for anything outrageous! I think a lot of restructuring is ahead us. If we don't cut any of them I could see Rice, Miller, Big Red, & Mebane all taking pay cuts in the next couple of years. But till then GO HAWKS!!!!!

C-Dub

Reaction score
the_12th_man":3lkgjbaf said:
The dude deserves to be paid, but hopefully he doesn't ask for anything outrageous! I think a lot of restructuring is ahead us. If we don't cut any of them I could see Rice, Miller, Big Red, & Mebane all taking pay cuts in the next couple of years. But till then GO HAWKS!!!!!
No way Rice stays on the team. Even for vet minimum.

He's fragile, gets banged up every game and can't play ST, so there's no reason to keep him when Chop Chop and Tate can do it all.

I can see Miller, Big Red, Mebane, and CC taking some paycuts. Getting rid of Breno and McQ's contracts will help too.

sutz

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1ze6p5ga said:
I hope not...we don't need players that make huge plays for us and then waves like a classless fool!
Actually, I've heard that they are teaching Golden a much classier wave.

;)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
sutz":2nvv0yp7 said:
-The Glove-":2nvv0yp7 said:
Actually, I've heard that they are teaching Golden a much classier wave.

;)
does it look like this?

thatssotrue_14194_1341809766.gif

Donn2390

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3dnegktk said:
He did a stupid thing. He knows it and he paid for it. His wave wasn't nearly as stupid as your post...

Latest posts