So just what will Sheldon bring to the table?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
He's also great on stunts, which we already do a lot with Bennett, Avril, and Clark.

Matt+kalil+can't+block+TB+safety.gif

Only downside is the timing; he's going to have to learn the playbook & technique on the fly.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Josea16":24vsp04b said:
Bobblehead":24vsp04b said:
John Clayton was saying he's going to get Suh type money and there is no way, the Seahawks will make him the 2nd highest paid player on the team, so it's essentially a one year rental.
We will see. JS/PC do special things and magic seems to happen just like in New England. Players want to play for both organizations so special things are possible. If not we get a nice comp pick.

This is one of the most fun atmospheres and coaches to play for in the entire NFL. Chris hit it when he said John might hit while the good feelings are new and get him to a fair contract for both.

I see him playing 3T and 5T here. The guy is a beast and has some of the best hand usage in the league (along with Bennett).

I won't hold my breath, but it could happen. It's strange, but no one really wanted to expend capital for him via trade....everyone wanted him to take a pay cut from 8m/year. That doesn't tell me his market is 15m/year like Suh got. We have an advantage in that there's no state income tax here which helps when negotiating against teams in NY, NJ, CA, etc.

Seafan

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2dhozfaa said:
He's also great on stunts, which we already do a lot with Bennett, Avril, and Clark.

Matt+kalil+can't+block+TB+safety.gif

Only downside is the timing; he's going to have to learn the playbook & technique on the fly.

He played on a four man line. Here's the playbook: Go get the quarterback!

Polk738

Reaction score
Exactly, the fact that the Jets had this guy playing OLB, is just mind boggling to me

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Looks like he's settling in fine. 8)

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JustinBritt68/status/904173875486834688[/tweet]

Both Britt and Richardson grew up in Missouri and played college football together at Mizzou, so the Safeco Field reunion shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise.

Nonetheless, it seems Richardson is already building bonds with his new teammates and is ready to get a fresh start in Seattle.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Josea16":9ilgx4d1 said:
This season is setting up for something historic....a 30 PPG offense with a defense that allows 12-15 a game.
Don't underestimate our OC's ability to lower that 30 PPG estimate.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3w1ho1rz said:
John Clayton was saying he's going to get Suh type money and there is no way, the Seahawks will make him the 2nd highest paid player on the team, so it's essentially a one year rental.

You know, I kind of hate to use this as an example, but what the heck? I'm OK with a 1 year rental for a super star player. I remember back to 1994 when the 49ers went out there and brought in Neon Deion Sanders on a 1 year deal. They knew it was a rent-a-player for 1 year as well, as they knew there was no way they were going to be able to afford to keep the best CB in the game. You know what happened? He ended up being voted NFC Defensive Player of the Year ... and the 49ers rode him all the way to a 49-26 Super Bowl victory in SB XXIX. He WAS gone the next year (signed with the Cowboys) ... but was it worth it for 1 season? Heck yeah it was. Lombardi Trophies are forever man.

I'm hoping for similar results with Richardson. ;)

Josea16

Reaction score
This so reminds me of the Avril/Bennett steals. Richardson is going to love this atmosphere. Coming from the Jets? Seriously? Bennett came from Tampa Bay when they sucked, Avril came from Detroit enough said. If he goes Deion Sanders or Darrell Revis okay whatever we get the Lombardi and reload again. Possibly just going inside out with Clark, Mcdowell, Richardson and Jones.

Richardson was already killing it in preseason. This might get precap good and ridiculous.

You got to love this era of Seahawks football if not you are a fool.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":305ukmr5 said:
Bobblehead":305ukmr5 said:

You know, I kind of hate to use this as an example, but what the heck? I'm OK with a 1 year rental for a super star player. I remember back to 1994 when the 49ers went out there and brought in Neon Deion Sanders on a 1 year deal. They knew it was a rent-a-player for 1 year as well, as they knew there was no way they were going to be able to afford to keep the best CB in the game. You know what happened? He ended up being voted NFC Defensive Player of the Year ... and the 49ers rode him all the way to a 49-26 Super Bowl victory in SB XXIX. He WAS gone the next year (signed with the Cowboys) ... but was it worth it for 1 season? Heck yeah it was. Lombardi Trophies are forever man.

I'm hoping for similar results with Richardson. ;)

I don't mind it at all.. people are saying how much he'll be.. 8 million for one year, but it's 8 million if he had a longer contract or not. Baseball has done this for years, bring in a ringer, bring in a Championship. It's certainly worth the difference between a 2nd and a 3rd and I think they have been trying to find a way to unload Kearse to begin with so all is good.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
With Bennett, Avril, and now Richardson, Schneider's veteran DL acquisitions have been on point. Throw in Kevin Williams, too. And David Bass looked like a steal in preseason.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Wouldn't THIS be something if Schneider could work this kind of magic and make this happen?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Nathan_12thMan/status/904616372319043585[/tweet]

RW92

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1oi4ikqf said:
With Bennett, Avril, and now Richardson, Schneider's free agent DL acquisitions have been on point. Throw in Kevin Williams, too. And David Bass looked like a steal in preseason.

I happen to agree with you. I loved the athleticism of David Bass from day one. Kid flys to the ball, aggressive, with a great upside. I predict he will more than help us win games this year on key 3rd and long situations.

As for Richardson, he is that inside push we have needed and didn't have the last couple of years. Playing the "A" gap he will implode the line over center and our "D" ends will finish up on the outside. I wold even like to see Frank Clark at times standing up in a line backer position, blitzing off of Sheldon's weak side hip. Should be great to watch.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
You WANNA know what Sheldon Richardson brings to the table? Let me give you a little Preview of Coming Attractions (Courtesy of Coleman Crawford) ...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Coleman3SD/status/904727480157831169[/tweet]

[NOTE -- Click on the Twitter Link above. Coleman has an extensive breakdown of LOTS of game footage and how Sheldon Richardson just DOMINATED the Patriots in this game.]
WHHAAAA-HAAAA!!!!!! [Extreme Excitement] :0190l:

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I'm like Pete, so "frickin" excited about this. I also believe fully that he will be on his best behavior, both in the locker room and off of the field. He is in a contract year, and is looking for a "Suh" type contract.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Great stuff from our former .Net compatriot Doug Farrar ...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/904782494154735616[/tweet]

I agree 100% with Doug on this one.

Foghawk

Reaction score
:lol:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mosesbread72/status/904788599748444160[/tweet]

Latest posts