So let's talk about Russell Wilson

hawker84

Reaction score
It was sub freezing Temps out there today, hard just breathing and talking, let alone playing football.

themunn

Reaction score
Hawks46":tmk8qhgw said:
Carroll is terrified of kicking a 46 yard FG

...or Hauschka.

Remember this is the same guy that bailed from kicking a FG on 4th and 7 on the NFCCG and we were all pretty happy with what happened next.

JPatera76

Reaction score
that botched snap.. was really amazing. Wilsons baseball skills kicked in to set us up for a TD hands down, i think thats when he snapped the funk.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
SuperFreak":186zczf2 said:
Stayed calm on that LOL snap and set up a touchdown. Might not have been his A game but I don't think anyone in those temps is throwing for 500 yards and 7 TDs.

I wasn't suggesting that anyone would/should. Decision making, accuracy, getting plays off. The answer for all of it is, "it was cold"? Okay.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
He looked like he didn't want to be there but I think it was literally 100% because of the cold.

sumos2005

Reaction score
Yes, let's talk about Wilson. Espn just announced Wilson has the most playoff wins (7) of ANY QB since he entered the league in 2012. That's all that really matters in a game that is -15 wind chill

idahohawk

Reaction score
You mean the "oh shit" expression when he turned a mistake (his) into the biggest offensive play of the game, by keeping his head, and redeeming himself by throwing a pass to Lockett?

It was cold. Have you ever tried to throw precision passes down field in -5 temperatures? The offense struggled mightily, yes. But putting the blame on Russ doesn't fly with me. Sorry. Respectfully disagree.

Chalk it up to excruciatingly difficult conditions & move on to CAR. Hopefully Willson will be back as well. I think he was missed today. TE was invisible all day.

Laloosh":1j1oxq0c said:
First one to go postal has to buy everyone else a beer though...

Seriously, what was up with that "oh shit" expression stuck on Russell's face today? He looked completely lost at times. I thought that the play calling was pretty horrible at times but Russell was all kinds of bad.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Russ has struggled in bad weather games. We've seen enough evidence of that.

I don't take much more away from it than that. The unexpected Lynch absence might've made things a bit screwy too. Hopefully, neither should be factor for the rest of these playoffs.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
You guys are ridiculous.. It was -26 ... Thats a commercial freezer cold.. Go spend an hour in one exercising and tell me how you feel... That weather was the sole reason for the ugly game.. No question.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
He missed some throws and the play calling seemed limited at times

Not worried heading next week.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2gjb0hdg said:

I'm not either, Si. Thought he looked pretty bad today. Was a topic of discussion between friends and I during the game. We were able to discuss it w/out getting upset with one another and I made the mistake of thinking it was possible here today.

My bad.

idahohawk

Reaction score
I wasn't upset at all, but honestly, when you phrase it as Russ having an "Oh shit" look all day, seems like a good way to get some heated responses. No anger here. Just respectfully disagree. I mean yeah I think he struggled, but I also say, who wouldn't have?

Laloosh":fqbg7j4q said:
Uncle Si":fqbg7j4q said:

I'm not either, Si. Thought he looked pretty bad today. Was a topic of discussion between friends and I during the game. We were able to discuss it w/out getting upset with one another and I made the mistake of thinking it was possible here today.

My bad.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
idahohawk":d70uij0h said:
You mean the "oh shit" expression when he turned a mistake (his) into the biggest offensive play of the game, by keeping his head, and redeeming himself by throwing a pass to Lockett?

No, I meant the "oh shit" look on his face for about the entirety of the game. We're hearing more about the communications issues but Pete said that it happened a few times. Didn't happen on every play.

As I said, despite my feeling like running on 3rd and 12 or dumping it off on 4th and 13 seemed like bad decisions from a play calling or execution standpoint, he looked very out of sorts in general. Didn't seem to know where he was going with the ball. Took longer to get rid of it, etc.

Yes, that one play, was nice. What else have you got?

idahohawk":d70uij0h said:
I wasn't upset at all, but honestly, when you phrase it as Russ having an "Oh shit" look all day, seems like a good way to get some heated responses. No anger here. Just respectfully disagree. I mean yeah I think he struggled, but I also say, who wouldn't have?

My use of "oh shit", has an antagonizing tone? Have you ever read any of my posts? I am a very big Wilson proponent. I (and others that I happened to be with today) felt like he was shitty today. What about that should upset anyone? It's my opinion.

I'm perfectly fine with everyone thinking it's bat shit crazy to think that. It's my thought, I shared it. You're welcome to call it bat shit crazy but the leaps to discussing playoff record or acting like a single play says more about a performance than the rest is funny to me.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Laloosh":2dlws6aw said:
idahohawk":2dlws6aw said:

No, I meant the "oh shit" look on his face for about the entirety of the game. We're hearing more about the communications issues but Pete said that it happened a few times. Didn't happen on every play.

As I said, despite my feeling like running on 3rd and 12 or dumping it off on 4th and 13 seemed like bad decisions from a play calling or execution standpoint, he looked very out of sorts in general. Didn't seem to know where he was going with the ball. Took longer to get rid of it, etc.

Yes, that one play, was nice. What else have you got?

idahohawk":2dlws6aw said:

My bad.

My use of "oh shit", has an antagonizing tone? Have you ever read any of my posts? I am a very big Wilson proponent. I (and others that I happened to be with today) felt like he was shitty today. What about that should upset anyone? It's my opinion.

I'm perfectly fine with everyone thinking it's bat shit crazy to think that. It's my thought, I shared it. You're welcome to call it bat shit crazy but the leaps to discussing playoff record or acting like a single play says more about a performance than the rest is funny to me.

We won... That's what I got

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Laloosh":3hvclhnd said:
Uncle Si":3hvclhnd said:

My bad.

Certainly worth talking about considering what we expect from on him. We really "needed" him to be good today and for large portions he just wasn't. He had chances to be too.

If Waldh kicks it straighter its A topic here, with Lynch and Kam next up

Cartire

Reaction score
Russ could break his leg and stay in the game and you guys would complain that he didnt run enough. Thats what i gather from all of this.