So like, where does Russell Wilson land in the NFLTop 100?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Im more dissapointed that ADB didn't make the list. They showed 80-100 and he's not on there I doubt he made the top 79.

So lets see:

Russell around 10
Sherman around 15
Thomas around 20
Wagner around 30
Bennett around 50
Think Chancellor stays on there after his down year? Around 70???

kearly

Reaction score
Russell was in the 20s in previous years because everyone assumed he was living in Marshawn's shadow. In 2015, he had to carry the offense and towards the end of the year it was the most unstoppable offense in the NFL. Even guys like Pete Prisco confessed to a paradigm shift on their views of Wilson.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'm comfortable saying he'll be top 15.

Who's possibly higher?

Gronk
Brady
Sherman
Rodgers
Newton
Von Miller
Watt
Julio Jones
Antonio Brown
ODBJR
Kuechley
Dez Bryant
Norman

?

Sealake80

Reaction score
Wilson is already the NFL's best player. The list won't reflect that this year. But after this years SB most will understand.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawknballs":32uypfq4 said:
Also next year RW will be #1.

Bold Prediction!
Not really because he really is that good and Brady doesn't have much time left. Whether he likes it or not.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1lbh7oib said:

Who's possibly higher?

Gronk
Brady
Sherman
Rodgers
Newton
Von Miller
Watt
Julio Jones
Antonio Brown
ODBJR
Kuechley
Dez Bryant
Norman

?
I was good with that list until I see Cam Newton on it without Wilson being on it for a counterpoint. They basically match each other statistically but one has heart and the other is a brat. I leave it to you to figure out which is which.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2pazwikv said:
Hawknballs":2pazwikv said:

Who's possibly higher?

Gronk
Brady
Sherman
Rodgers
Newton
Von Miller
Watt
Julio Jones
Antonio Brown
ODBJR
Kuechley
Dez Bryant
Norman

?
I was good with that list until I see Cam Newton on it without Wilson being on it for a counterpoint. They basically match each other statistically but one has heart and the other is a brat. I leave it to you to figure out which is which.

Wilson is in the mix by default, I figured it was implied. I was just trying to think of who the players might have voted higher than him. Whatever we think about Newton doesn't change the fact that he's been one of the better QB's in the league since he was drafted, its not really debatable. This isn't my personal list. I think Newton won MVP last year,that means he's probably going to be above Wilson whether we like it or not.

As far as my personal opinion, the top players in the NFL are probably Brady, Wilson, and Von Miller. Miller was the core of that Broncos defense and the primary reason they won a superbowl.

I don't feel like a WR is valuable enough to be ranked too high, I mean obviously it's great to have a good one but as we've seen in seattle you can win without an elite player there.

Watt is really good but with all the talk about his early retirement and how banged up he is I have a feeling he's due for an off year.

Cartire

Reaction score
Hawknballs":5nh2t5mi said:

Who's possibly higher?

Gronk
Brady
Sherman
Rodgers
Newton
Von Miller
Watt
Julio Jones
Antonio Brown
ODBJR
Kuechley
Dez Bryant
Norman

?

This is a good and accurate list.

Other possibles,

Khalil Mack
Peterson

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I'm curious how Newton is viewed by his peers. This isn't media driven and his actual stats over his career are not stellar at least not consistently. He played extremely well last year but he was accompanied by 5 probowlers on offense. Granted his receiving corp is less than desirable but every other aspect of offense was pretty good.

Honestly I will be surprised if he is higher on the list than Wilson but who knows?

BadgerVid

Reaction score
Well...apparently Pro Football Focus says #32....I'm pretty sure he will do better by his peers.

Own The West

Reaction score
I think he'll make top 10 based on the season he had with no Beast, no OL, and no D (first 6 weeks).

I'm guessing he'll be below Brady and above Rodgers and Newton. I don't think Newton cracks the top 10 because his performance last season was an outlier. We shall see...

Bonus guess: Von Miller eclipses Watt, but both are in the top 10.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

RichNhansom":3udmsyem said:
I'm curious how Newton is viewed by his peers. This isn't media driven and his actual stats over his career are not stellar at least not consistently. He played extremely well last year but he was accompanied by 5 probowlers on offense. Granted his receiving corp is less than desirable but every other aspect of offense was pretty good.

Honestly I will be surprised if he is higher on the list than Wilson but who knows?

And this is the whole thing, right here /\ /\.

We saw both Wilson and Sherman hit #20 and #5 respectively in 2014, then slide to numbers 22 and 9 in 2015, simply because of no Super Bowl appearance. Since this is purely a peer-driven list, the players balloted, and not seeing certain guys from their couch on SB Sunday, make a 2-4 rank swing happen in the numbers. Unless, of course, you've got a thousand sportswriters clambering to sniff your jock; like Watt, Brady and Rodgers enjoy. In their case, repeating their names on the air on fantasy shows feeds their rankings as well.

Been revisiting the thought process each day since I posted this, and every day I find reasons to drop RW's ranking. Today I'm feeling a #8.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I bet he's in 12-15. He should be top-7.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
BadgerVid":ev0jqzkz said:
Well...apparently Pro Football Focus says #32....I'm pretty sure he will do better by his peers.
I believe that PFF is based on 2015... and the NFL list is based on what is expected in 2016.